Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: US Delay Reasons?

Cheap US players. But they sure can scrounge money for their cigarettes, beer, etc.
    Man where are the TRUE hardcaore gamers? Most of these players now are just wannabes.

Rappy Hunter

Of course they want to screw everyone over, that's how capitalism works.
    Then again, most companies who want to stick around know better than to attempt to royally sodomize their consumers, but hey, Sega's never had the most grey matter when it comes to public relations.
    Oh, and all you United States bashers. Yeah, the one guy making rice-eating references was a bigoted arse. What are the lot of you?
    "Oh, stupid whiny Americans wanting everything for free." First off, try United States citizens. 'Americans' includes Canada, Mexico, and South America as well. Second, funny. Very funny.
    We may be stereotypically arrogant, but it amuses me how we're the only ones who see what's wrong with this pay to play crap.
    "Oh, you shouldn't be whining, over here, we have to pay for local calls and blah blah blah.."
    And you don't see what's wrong with that, either, do you?
    Once again, when will you people learn? When will you see the danger of this move? What happens when this catches on, and all games require 'pay to play'? Will you complain about those 'lazy cheap bastards' who are unwilling to shell out $50-300 in fees each month for the games they play and already paid $50+ for when originally bought?
    Sorry for the side rant, but some people make me question whether the US is actually full of ignorant and arrogant people.
    Anyway, Anonymous, I salute you. No, not everyone has a credit card, and despite the beliefs of some people, not everyone's parents, friends, neighbors, deity of choice, etc. have one either. And yes, why did they change it to pay to play for v2 instead of waiting for PSO *2*? What kind of idiots do they have working in PR over in SoJ/SoA? Oh, I know, the ones who think a system will do well with hardly any advertising. Right right.
    $10 every six months is worthless in terms of profits. They'd do better to double the original purchase price of the game. More money, and no viciously evil pay to play system.

Default Currency Conversion

Has anyone even put these numbers through a currency converter? It's cheap.
    400 yen/30days = US$3.23/30days
    1000 yen/90days = US$8.07/90days
    ok, so pay US$8.07 for 90 days. That's 8.9cents a day or $2.69/month. My god. You can find that on the street. This is the definition of "pocket change". Just keep the pocket change you create every day and put it in a stupid jar. in 3 months you could pay for this and still go buy yourself a cookie, if not a whole box of cookies. Get real here people.
    Actually, I'm quite embarassed that SoA asked for the $10/6 months deal. That's a slap in the face.

Well in my opinion I think all internet games should be free of play charge over the internet piriod.
    US, Americas, Europ, Its a right that shouldn't be denyed by any citizen of any country.
    And your right, Sega stoped advertizing them selfs right before the playstation 2 came out. I think Sega is intimidated by competision and when they see and dumb console like the game cube, or even a handheld, they get scaird and say to them selvs...
    "Oh no, these guys are too much lets back off.." The lack of trust in there own company clearly shows why Sega has faild now and in the past.
    Sega should have sticked to the game making idea from the start and maybe this stupid pay to play thing wouldn't have been an issiue.

Default Can cheating really be stopped?

This is something I have thought of for a while now...I honestly won't mind paying a fee as long as the money is used for the right reasons. I think people are so upset about the fee because in the back of their heads they are thinking that it's really not gonna make a difference at all. This is my concern, however, even if SoA is patching up any cheats or what have you in v.2, how will they stop people from transferring cheated/hacked items, weps, etc. from v.1 into v.2? Sure, you might not be able to make a Double Saber with a GS on v2., but whats to keep people from getting a friend to give you one from v.1?

Default Re: You racist bastard

first of all atari invented the videogame,and they were an american company,so go fuck yourself!