Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Article: Phantasy Star Eternal Hunters Revealed!

You may remember our news post from October detailing information on two recently-discovered Phantasy Star trademarks. Now through various Japanese game news sources, such as Gpara.com and 4Gamer.net, SonicTeam have unveiled one of the two titles.

Phantasy Star Eternal Hunters is a Japan-exclusive mobile game app being hosted through the Japanese service Mobage Town. Categorized as a "region-based" RPG, this game lets players undertake the investigation of an unknown planet where they must carry out a top secret mission gathering data and investigating a ship which had to make an emergency landing on the planet. The application utilizes your phone's GPS capabilities to determine what type of monsters you will encounter, so as you move from area to area across Japan, you will discover new monsters to battle. Furthermore, Eternal Hunters will be linked with the upcoming Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, letting you obtain exclusive weapons for use in the PSP title.

Eternal Hunters is slated for release on Japanese mobile devices this winter. Pre-registration has begun, and a lucky 30,000 registrants will be selected for an early trial run of the game. Once service of the full game begins, it will be free to play, however you will have the option to purchase items for use in the game.

Thanks goes out to DarK-SuN for posting information on this title. Check out the thread to join in the discussion!

Default wow, what a let down,

wow, what a let down, fingers crossed it does a KH RE:Coded and gets put on Nintendo handhelds around the world

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Default ooOoooh, where does that

ooOoooh, where does that plot sound familiar~? *Cue raging pso fanboys*

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Default =(

wow i thought sega would make something good but instead they make a stupid mobile phone app. >=(

You killed my goddess! Forever Zero's Avatar

Default Well, that was a waste of a

Well, that was a waste of a Phantasy Star game. :/

Default Total FAIL of course

Another disapointment for the Phantasy Star franchise. But hey, it's been like that even since Sakai took control of the franchise, so what was I expecting anyway.

Only lives to get radical W0LB0T's Avatar

Default There is no such thing as

There is no such thing as games on mobile phones

Current Projects:None
    Old Projects:[ [Dhylaw 1-10 11-13] [Dhylaw Season 2]

Default I wish Sega of JP would

I wish Sega of JP would listen to us the fans for once. Games on a phone what a waste.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Default Wait what? they're already

Wait what? they're already working on pso2 >_> you guys expect them to pull a kingdom hearts and make like 8 sidegames before the next big one? @_@ Cellphone sounds more rewarding than a novel or crappy anime ova...(at least with psu's story it'd be crappy.)

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Default Not surprising, from what I

Not surprising, from what I understand mobile gaming is very popular in japan, and It sounds like a fun concept. Here's hoping one day we can get something interesting like this in the US.