Page 193 of 254 FirstFirst ... 93143183190191192193194195196203243 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2539

There is no Ragrants 0. Did you mean Gigrants?

I strongly disagree with skipping Gibarta. It must be crafted. Efficient reduces PP cost greatly and reduces charge time. Power increases DPS a fair amount for no real downside.

Nazan is a good tech, all the crafts will leave you with a fairly high damage tech for relatively low PP cost. Since it's a sort of hard to use tech I can see people leaving it as is if they never use it, but if you use it at all, craft it.

Ideally you want to craft almost everything. The list of what not to craft is shorter, (Ilgrants). Craft the techs related to your masteries first.

There are a few things I don't like in the quoted list:
    Barta: Both 3's are good. Power 3 is for freeze, not DPS. Power 2 is best for DPS but Barta is not going to provide amazing DPS in any form. Gibarta is hands down better for this.
    Gibarta: Efficient 3 is as good as Power 3, up to the player really.

Nazonde: Well it's not great, but Power is completely useless. Concentrated is at least helpful.

Sazan: I prefer Efficient, but then I don't really use it for raw damage.

Grants: Power does increase charge time, but by only a small amount. Since this tech is somewhat efficient already and low on damage I lean toward power.
    Nagrants: This is a slow tech and Multi makes it even slower. If you're using it purely as a barrier then uncrafted is workable.
    Ilgrants: Swift increases DPS and range, it's my preferred craft. Brilliant is better at close range but you have Ragrants.

Yup, meant Gigrants, whoops.

Didn't know people still mobbed with ice, but I would have to agree with pp cost reduction and charge time. A lot of the wind techs are good, but unless you're specced in wind, just why. The guy specifically asked for just 5, so eh.

Thanks for the updates on the 3s, I know two techs were left out, but couldn't be bothered to look for it.

I would have to disagree on Grants and Nagrants though. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone use Grants, and if anything, it might be nice to have at the lower pp cost if you're absolutely low but can still kill with it. Nagrants should only be used as a barrier, In the past three years it really wasn't anything else. Shouldn't even be used anymore, honestly.

I wonder, is it compatible L Ring Wand Elemental Change with Fo Elemental Conversion? this is what I'm thinking, maybe most of you guys already done this, since Te wand gear skill is not main class only so I think if Fo/Te that use Wand can still manage to get Wand Gear and that make Wand Elemental Change possible right, thus make Fo Elemental Conversion work alongside with with Te elemental weak hit.

Quote Originally Posted by reinforcers View Post
    I wonder, is it compatible L Ring Wand Elemental Change with Fo Elemental Conversion? this is what I'm thinking, maybe most of you guys already done this, since Te wand gear skill is not main class only so I think if Fo/Te that use Wand can still manage to get Wand Gear and that make Wand Elemental Change possible right, thus make Fo Elemental Conversion work alongside with with Te elemental weak hit.
    Well, the L ring for Wand Element change is for the most part a copy-paste from JB's gear, including switching element on "attack" support Tech (megiverse, zanverse, zondeel), minus weapon action resetting element. And JB's gear never worked with Element Conversion. Take it with a grain of salt, but I would be 99% sure it doesn't work eitheir.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

So I have some questions about Fire/Dark Force. Bare with me if I ask a derp questions or say something incorrect.

Spoiler!
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    So I have some questions about Fire/Dark Force. Bare with me if I ask a derp questions or say something incorrect.

Spoiler!
    Most of the stuff is alright. tree is the best option for single TE tree. Don't see any issue in crafts aside from maybe Sazan (efficient makes it a good mirage tech and also cheap enough to be spammed, which often makes it the go-to craft)

For weapons there is no "best choice" really, as whether you use Rod or Talis depends both on the situation and on the techs themselves as you've mentioned. Talis is overall more flexible and stronger, but takes time to deploy and is wonky on some techs, whereas Rod is better for quick nuking and clearing everything at closer range since Talis sucks at that. Additionally you'll squeeze more damage from compounds from a Rod

Saiki is a solid choice for FO but is already a naturally squishy set, which can be an issue when playing FO. make sure you're familiar enough with the class to deal with that, or resort to craft one or two units with HP recipe if you feel the need to
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 21, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Talis is overall more flexible and stronger, but takes time to deploy and is wonky on some techs, whereas Rod is better for quick nuking and clearing everything at closer range since Talis sucks at that. Additionally you'll squeeze more damage from compounds from a Rod
    What some tech examples for Talis use over Rod?

And is it correct to say Barant I probably shouldn't use much since I cant use it full powered due to lack of Barant and focus on fomelgion?

And I assume Tech Parry / Massive hunter or Perfect Keeper T for Rings
    Last edited by Dark Emerald EXE; Apr 21, 2017 at 02:59 PM.

Ring choice is ok, for compounds Fomel most of the time, especially for mobbing, but Barantsion will still net you more damage just with light mastery + Element weak hit on single targets + you can mirage away when using it, so you should go for that in raids even if not ice/light

for techs a vast majority of them are usable on both (most of the time all the lock-on techs barring Ilfoie and Zonde type 0 work perfectly fine on Talis) but some techs gain interesting bonuses from Talis

- Any tech with limited range and good AoE can be used from Talis in conjunction with zondeel for quick and efficient mobbing. Gifoie, Gibarta, Rabarta,Ragrants, Gigrants type 0,Gimegid (no zondeel needed here) are good example of techs that gain from being thrown from Talis to efficiently killed clustered mobs, unless said mobs are already biting your ankles

-Ilbarta, just because you need as much power as possible from it, especially from the last hit, and Talis Tech bonus gives you exactly that

-Zonde and Gimegid. they don't gain any new property from Talis, but their range is actually limited. Launching them from Talis means that range is now measured from it, which means more effective range for farther enemies

-Razonde forms arcs of lightnings that spread farther the higher you are. Launching this tech from a Talis you put high up in the air allows you to form a cage with insane AoE (pretty much only useful in UQ Amduscia if you ever go Lightning bu still)

I have a question about weapon choice. Is the best weapon setup fire rod/light talis, ice rod/light talis, lightning rod/light talis?

Use rod for main element then talis for light?

Also should you worry about having a wind weapon?

I'm being advised that Dark based techs are better on Talis over Rod....is that correct?