Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CLANS

Sideshowfreak

Clans on Pso sux

Yeah...Maybe..Clans will get like on MTGO...And the big clans will pay $20 to keep ya' on...Maybe...Just maybe...

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Clans on PvP games like Counter-Strike have a purpose though. They're used to gather a collection of the best players around to challenge other clans for superiority. In PSO, there is no PvP atmosphere since it is a cooperative game. You really have nothing to compete with other players over.. hence.. there is no point in a clan.

I guess Battle Mode clans would be understandable.. but there are none of those and Battle mode itself is highly underused.

I guess one thig clans do is build interest for a sustansial group of people. The more interest, the longer PSO will stay on the net. That's one of the advantages of give Newbies things, it peak thier interest to find out whats out there. When the interest stops, so will the monthly payments and thereby PSO will wane and die.

Back in the days of DC v.1...

Clans can be quite cool, it's just up to you how you prefer to play PSO.

I remember the clans in the DC v.1 days like FAT, ? clan, Magenta's Angels (not really a clan, more of a gang) and Red Ribbon Army (who could forget them cute little FOnewearls).

((I seem to be going on about the old DC v.1 days in most of my posts, I'm gonna end up sounding like Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses, "During the war..."))

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Synch on 2003-08-27 10:07 ]</font>

I have a clan. But only with friends so I know who they are.

I'm gonna Ow3Nz you!..um please?

I belong to a clan. Its really great its pretty much a bunch of friends that play together. I dont know why you guys think they are dumb. We get new players started. Our top members have characters called "vaults" which are used to store class specific items. Members donate items and we max out their mesta and if someone needs help we log one on and give some hand outs. I think its great.

Professional Life-Ender

clans are a fun way to enjoy the community. but sumtimes its better to do ur own thing. i also think that being in a clan is bad because then u r stuck wit that group of people. Ur clan wont approve of u goina and talkin to other people usually. So in that way, ur community decreases in popoulation and it isn't fun.

I am not sure what i just wrote. It is sooo hot here?!?!!

i dont know about you guys but my clan on the xbox(im the leader along with 2 others)is very free and open we dont have clan names we let our members go to a dif clan if thay want.we like to keep our clan a secret so we dont have people asking us to be in.but i right know cant go online with pso right now cuse of the dam cable network thouse basterds.

In the words of Yuki - .....

Clans are a nice way to meet people and such. Normally by joining a clan you can increase your number of online friends instantly, but at the same time you could make a number of enemies instantly, in the event of rival clans and such. I don't believe Clans are dumb, if that's the way the people want to play, leave them be. I just think there is really no major purpose to clans on PSO, outside of exanding your number of people you know. It's just my (and Yuki's) personal taste to avoid something like a clan, since I have noticed some of them don't like it if you help out people in other clans...