Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On 2003-09-02 13:42, Rotis wrote:
    Anime's fucking everywhere these days and I wish it would just go away.
    Anime is the latest trend...and half of anime is poor quality shit that people *make* themselves like.

Kind of like Linkin Parkites.

Ever since the huge anime trend started coming in, I started liking more of the animation from America more. Don't know why, but maybe that was because that was the moment when I got Cartoon Network and didn't have to deal with the shitty cartoons on Nickelodeon (exception of Zim, though I think they took that off now, and none of the other good ones were on).

Big problem with it is now too many artists are copying their style. Look at most of the comics on Keenspace. Look at Teen Titans. Just makes the trend seem more...annoying.

The Dutchess of Dance
    Don't worry, if you need me, I'll find you.

I've been into anime since the good ol' days of Voltron and Macross and am still a big fan. However I do have to agree that these new cartoons that are drawn and designed like anime are rather disturbing. I saw Totally Spies the other day, and it made me feel violated....

On 2003-09-01 22:51, Reenee wrote:
    For those without cable, probably the only animes you'll catch are those mock-up ones on the Foxbox, or Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh on the WBKids, but these are the poor-man's animes. With cable, however, we have the Cartoon Network, offering shows on its Toonami and Adult Swim programming blocks. Caught on Adult Swim were advertisements that had a sort of tie-in with Adult Swim, but not anime related.

T-Mobile is using anime to advertise its mobile device thing (a Blackberry?) to make it look all fancy. Anyone notice they changed the guy's line near the end of the commercial now?

And in our physical world...um, well, Toyota got it wrong. Showing off their Scion vehicle for an "anime artist" named Eddie, they clearly got their brains in the shitter and try to pass off some no-longer unique cartoon-like CG characters. Complete idiots.

Also in our physical world, I actually start hearing people talk about a couple of animes. A guy I know is totally into Trigun and such. Others laugh and giggle to themselves when they've seen some hentai. It's high school, duh.

But anywho, don't you agree anime is starting to become more apparent nowadays?
    For that T-mobile thing he says, "Order me a drink Aya." Now they changed it to I'll be there soon or something. Yeah I like TV, but have you see that thing? its kinda big but nice my brothers friend has one... I dunno about whole anime thing I watch it as much as I can I don't really mind.

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

Anime is becomming popularer in America. And a good 60%-70% of the fans I intend on murdering to death.

EDIT: Dammir, I wish America was less full of dickheads. In the last month I have spent probably more than 100 hours talking to braindead retards who I barely even know about stupid anime-related nonsense.
    I HATE HATE HATE being the guy who every moron in the local area thinks is some kind of Anime guru (all because I was into anime before Cartoon Network) and decides to talk my ear off for hours on end about their stupid pointless opinions.

Why can't there be more good anime fans and less irritating ones?

*Readies Smashing Stick*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-09-02 20:47 ]</font>

because teens hook on to everything they get said is cool. thats why. most people are trend-zombies.

the same here in germany. i started being interested in anime loooong time ago, before sailormoon got aired at a noncommercial channel (!) in 1994 and before it got reaired on a commercial channel two years later.

things changed over the years. 4 channels in cable tv show anime. up to now around 150 anime-series got aired here. there are around... 120-150 manga series available (havent counted lately).
    most newer releases are junk to get easy money off the little kids.

worst thing is that american and european "artists" addapt the style to "go with the time". take this new he-man for example.

well i for my part try keep distance to hyped stuff. at least more japanese games get released these days. at least some prejustice vanished over time.

To those who don't like anime in general: It will NEVER leave!! Fwahahahahahaha!! *grabs Bubblegum crisis DVDs and inserts into PS2* It shall rule all.

Anime is still slowly catching on but they play wussy anime like pokemon and beyblade (is that even consideredan an anime?). THey need to show good anime and unedited. Like Bubblegum Crisis, Excel Saga, Love Hina, Gundam Seed, and many others.
    Damn American Sensors, have to block out everything causes its too violent or shows a little nudity!!! If you dont like it then dont watch it!!