Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which force?

On 2003-08-24 03:27, Shimarisu wrote:
    Oh and yes, FOMar gets 30% to grants. I never really saw the point of a FOmarl, which is like a FOmar with lower ATP and only a mite more boost to grants, can anyone explain what is better about FOmarl?

- Shimarisu
    The FOmarl, if I remember correctly, has 7 more max ATA than FOmar. The 7 ATA does make a difference. Also I think they have higher DEF (not sure).

On 2003-08-24 17:11, klepto wrote:
    Screw the Foie merge, go for a rafoie merge. Rafoie is 1000000000 times more useful than foie. Combined with a pwand, heh, youve got urself a winning combination.
    Also the colored merges are useful, they only give 20% more power than no merge, but it does affect all spells of that type. I find this useful in the Mines with a Yellow Merge, I mostly use Zonde, but when I reach Vol Opt, Gizonde benefits from the merge. Also some bosses can only be affected by one enemy techs, such as the Dragons, Falz, Episode 2 mini-bosses, and Olga Flow.

Pointy ears are sexy!

On 2003-08-24 17:11, klepto wrote:
    Screw the Foie merge, go for a rafoie merge. Rafoie is 1000000000 times more useful than foie. Combined with a pwand, heh, youve got urself a winning combination.
    When choosing equip and characters, I always enforce their strong points. If you have a FOnewearl, you have a bonus to basic techs, so logic dictates a Summit Moon and a Basic tech merge (foie being the most useful in general).
    If you equip a Rafoie merge and a PW (however you managed to snatch one - for most people the PW is not even an option), you've chosen the wrong character class. Because all you do is play a handicapped FOnewm.

Now, I'll be the first to agree that a FOnewm with proper wands and merges has incredible damage potentials - especially online or in quests with densely packed mobs. However, seing as we were discussing a FOnewearl, my suggestion still stands at a basic foie merge.

FOnewms are my favorite force. they are good at casting uber attack techs. they get the very useful 30% boost on the Gi and Ra techs, which is very usefull. And they can look fairly cool...black/gold costume, jester like hat with pom poms, blondish hair, medium height and build...BOOM! a cool looking FOnewm. if only they didnt have the weird butt...

I'm a Follower, I'm 0wned.

On 2003-08-22 13:34, ctrl wrote:
    I want to make a new Force. It has to be a Full Wizard, completely no melee. What can you advise me to take? And what equipment should I give him/her? I can get most things because I'm Redria. I just want it to be pretty easy to play with. Thanks for helping me out!
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=716

Check that out for equipment

sorry if i repeat the above but i was too lazy to read all the posts...

FOnewearl
    -base tech boost by 30%
    -penetrating megid

should use
    -150 mind materials

should wear
    -a mag with as most MIND as possible
    -a good armor with 4 slots
    -4 dragon/HP slot items (or better)
    -a summit moon the tech boosting wand & cane series
    -a red merge for ep1, a blue merge for ep2, a yellow merge for CCA

should look for
    -mentioned above weapons, merges, mats and slot items
    -high base tech disks, high rafoie, high megid and support stuff.

FOnewearls can kill every boss except de rol le variants the fastest (only FOnemns and anyone with a vjaya and 200k of meseta are faster on them)

good hunt

I have all 4 FO classes at reasonable levels.

I would say go with FOnm.

Offline - Ownz, the RA tech boost makes a huge difference, specially with RA merges.

Online solo - Again he is powerful, more so than any of the others, not as good as offline but can still handle himself, and can also melee.

Online multi - Not FOnm's strongest point, but the main thing for a FO in multi is Shifta / Deband / Resta, he is as good as all others with these as MST doesn't affect S / D. Sure he doesb't have 2xResta, but if you're any good as a FO you don't need it. Again, here he can melee, which is crucial for getting some of the kill XP going around. This is the key point, many HUs prefer other support FOs, but those other support FOs don't get much kill XP which means slower levelling. I would avoid FOmar if you're legit, you need weps with silly hit% to make a FOmar truly useful - especially in Ep.II, which is where a lot of the game's best rares are.

I personally would not recommend FOne unless you intend to play challenge TA with the character. Everyone thinks she's great because she has high MST, in reality once it gets that high it makes little difference to tech damage, boosts are far more important, so it's only useful for the amount of TP she gets. Which is overkill, FOnm gets plenty anyway.

[Sits back and waits for flames to start]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-04 04:46 ]</font>

Pointy ears are sexy!

There is one little FOnewearl detail, which I'm hoping will make her worthwile in comparison with FOnewm. The +30% penetrating megid, which should in theory rule ep2.

I have yet to try it out though, which is the main reason my newm is 40 lvls ahead of newearl ^_^

On 2003-09-04 06:59, Fanatic wrote:
    There is one little FOnewearl detail, which I'm hoping will make her worthwile in comparison with FOnewm. The +30% penetrating megid, which should in theory rule ep2.

I have yet to try it out though, which is the main reason my newm is 40 lvls ahead of newearl ^_^
    If you want to know what FOrce to use, to be all "wizardly" ...-blinks-....Pick a FOnewman. I"m so honestly not kidding. Several have pointed out and this has been known ever since Phantasy Star kicked off, FOnewmans have boosts to the techs you use most. Its wonderful sitting there gi-foie'ing a room and hearing the HU's bytch about not being able to see. And its even more gradifying when you walk in a room full of bartles and your rafoie is diong +600 damage per hit. That puts to shame a lot of classes and gets them irritated at you FAST. The truth is the FOnewmans are the universal Tech Tanks. Apparently some people have figured out how to melee with them by utilizing the fact that they have decent ata -in the 180's something I would kill to have my FOmar get x.x - And they can at least equip a few weapons. But....you know.., that 30% tech boost, along with a corrisponding elemental wand type....and the correct murge combination can easily have you doing 500 minmum damage on any gi or ra tech you do.., and the mst issue isn't worth the rediculously lowered HP, and DF.

FOnewman..is honestly..the Tech tank. FOmar is the complete opposate. He can deal a lot of damage with the GI techs yes..., but his strength is his ablity to go from nukity death, the slash slash die die, just as good as Any HU due to lvl 30 S&D and Z&J. It makes a HUGE diffrence. Without it it'd be unpracitcal to melee past VH. But that makes it possible. FOmarl, is similar. She is slightly more accurate, BUT she does have more HP, and More Defense, which means she stays out there a bit longer before needing a mate/resta. They are slightly slower in combat, but they have that uber grants bonus which i've seen them break triple digits with...its...scary.. o.o()Plus they have the crack induced speed boost to the Inferno Bazooka. Lord help the game if they make an S-rank one x.x They make great support characters due to the Boost in Deband, anti, and resta range so the mars balance fairly even.

Which brings me last to the FOnewearl. o.o i don't mean to bash on her but for the highest mind strength in the game.., the best thing i see she has..is the megid boost.., and that really applies more to episode 2 where everything is weak to megid damn near...-finally- x.x If you look at the damage calculator and put the FOnewman at max mind, and FOnewarl at max mind, and give them the same items to boost tech damage..., the diffrence was very little.., and frankly 30 points of damage isn't worth the rediculously lowered HP and DFP and damn near every damage tech bonus.

No you won't be the "best" support character around, but you know.., just move your ass over to the character and do damn resta and call that bytch a day, and go back to Nukity death with Rafoie going off everywhere that's dealing +600 damage o.O Hope this helps make a bit more of an informative decision. Mah ten cents

One thing to be warned of - damage techs are not worth jack sh*t in Episode II online, they suck.

IMO you should be going for a melee FOnm anyway.