3 5.45%
  • Chrono series

2 3.64%
  • Legend of Mana series

2 3.64%
  • Other

17 30.91%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Great points MF . I agree some of the anime dubs are very bad lol . I would love to see another SF game for the new systems I mess all of the old school games that started the rush of rpgness for me . I am looking foward to Shinnign Soul for the GBA simply for the 4 playerness lol . Well that is about it for now . Peace out for now

The little one

I guess that if you want a game with hardly any FMV and almost non existance speech from any of the characters you could play any of the rpg series that you have spoke of . BUT FOR ME , I enjoy the great detail of the FMV and the talking of the characters really pulls me into the story . I know this was not really put inot affect until FFX really but hey that is what I like .

As for story line hey you are right Suikoden has a great story line but hey let me ask you this did you like Dragon Warrior 7 ? I thought that game killed that whole series as for Chrono Trigger , did you like Chrono Cross . ? That game sucked all the way around . Just wondering . Peace out for now
    I understand that you like these things, but...I was unaware that voice acting was the sole creator of a good RPG. Damn, all those older, voice-acting-less RPGs lied to me!

I have never, and will never, place the value of a game on its graphics. I began playing video games with the Atari 2600--when graphics were a far-off dream. For the love of God, two blips on the screen were innovation. And yes, if it's pretty that's nice, but FMV does not a video game make.

And just because I'm ranting, FMV did not save Final Fantasy VIII from being Square's biggest mistake. Nor Legend of Dragoon, for that matter.

To answer your other questions, no, unfortunately I didn't play Dragon Quest VII though I really wanted to and no, Chrono Cross was one of the worst RPGs for the PSX. Happy?

But to be nice, Chrono Cross did not, in fact, "suck all the way around" as it has one of the most beautiful soundtracks I've ever heard. Mitsuda is a genius. The battles were enjoyable and I liked the environments. It was the story that was the downfall of that game and a poor, poor story it was indeed.

It is becomming more and more apparent to me that many people get into games way more than I do . I dont really care about sound tracks , storylines I really dont remember , I am just there for the moment and if the game really gets me into it then maybe I will play through it a few times .

I agree that FFVIII sucked ass I only got through the first disk , but I have many friends that have said that it is okay . Dragon Warrior 7 was bad very bad . Chrono Cross I also like a bit but it was not really giving me the fun that Chrono Trigger .

Let me ask you this then , if many of the gammers out there feel like you do then why do the big wigs not listen . Let them give us a game with semi good graphics , no voice overs , and no FMV . Make this game very hard to semi hard and last for more than freaking 40 hours that would be nice . Peace out or now .

Hmm, I chosed other. I like the Zelda Series, which is an action/rpg. The Suikoden Series would've been my real choice but it's not up there.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Yeah I did not have the space and that one did not come to mind at the time lol sorry .=) Peace out for now everyone .

The little one

Let me ask you this then , if many of the gammers out there feel like you do then why do the big wigs not listen . Let them give us a game with semi good graphics , no voice overs , and no FMV . Make this game very hard to semi hard and last for more than freaking 40 hours that would be nice . Peace out or now
    I would say Suikoden III...but then you just had to throw in the difficulty factor. ^-^x

But, I would have to say Final Fantasy Tactics fits the bill, unless you want something more recent. In which case I would probably have to go with...

Absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, most people don't think like I do. The majority of RPGers nowadays began with FFVII, which is when the dumbing down of RPGs began. Don't get me wrong, there are good games, but for the most part, they're all kinda blah.

I have nothing at all against nice graphics, I think you misunderstood. Don't make a game look horrible just because--just don't base a game's greatness on how much eye-candy there is.

And voice-acting and FMVs aren't bad--I just don't base the greatness of a game on them. I mean, I love the LUNAR series--and that is ripe with voice acting and animated cut-scenes. But LUNAR also had a really good story, characters, music and world (map...) that the voice acting and such was just icing on the cake.

I loved FFT and am looking foward to buying it on GBA . Then there is SS1 . 4 players linked at the same time that should be hella fun . All points well taken . Again I would like to know what you thought about FF9 . It seems that love stories are not your thing but that game had a great story line and great all around gameplay . I am not really down with the music but anyways what did you think about that game .

Now I have to ask . . . . What game are you looking foward to comming out . Will you get FFX-2 . How bout monster rancher 4 . Whats next for you , and what are you playing ??? Peace out for now .

The little one

I love Final Fantasy IX. It was a fun romp through the bygone years. It wasn't great--and what, praytell, was up with Necron? Stupidest. Plot. Point. Ever.--but I liked it. The music was very nice, but not as memorable as earlier games. Great for if you're having trouble sleeping, though. ^-^x

Tetra Master, on the other hand...

Love stories not my thing? You must be kidding me. Luna and Alex, anyone? But I'm really picky as to what I classify as a love story. Wanting to save the person you love most and taisping to the ends of the earth and back for her--that's my kind of love story. Going through moments of "I love you, no I hate you, no I love you" and poorly defined love triangles...that's not a good love story to me. But in the end, that's all personal choice.

Games I'm most looking forward to? Well, I now have two of them! I'm the proud owner of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance and my sister just bought Disgaea: Hour of Darkness over the weekend. I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Final Fantasy XI, Suikoden IV (yes!) and a couple other titles I can't quite think of right now. There are also some older games I want to play (Xenosaga--well, watch that one--Wild ARMs Advanced Third, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Dragon Quarter, Golden Sun 2) but I'll get around to them eventually.

As for FFX-2, well...I'll probably borrow it or bum it off someone, but I highly doubt I shall buy it. The double negative of it being a direct sequel and starring Yuna pretty much cinch that. But I'm still curious as to what will happen.

Damn it, Square, you just had to rope me in when I was young, didn't you?

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

Right now I'm in the middle of .Hack Outbreak, and I'll probly get .Hack Quantine to round out the series. The storyline itself isn't increadibly interesting, but the game itself is very fresh and fun to play - which is why I keep at it.

I'm also going to get True Fantasy Live Online, and I'm not sure what else RPG wise. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any new Quest for Glories or Phantasy Star games on the horizon. I'll get the remakes of Phantasy Star II and IV though - even though I don't know Japaneese. ._. Perhaps I'll download Hero6 or the QFGII VGA remake once the projects get done, but they're a long way off.

I'd also like to pick up a copy of Return to Krondor, as soon as I can find it and actually dwelve a little deeper into Betrayal in Antara.

FFX-2 is a non-issue for me. I got half-way through Final Fantasy X and just quit playing. The game is just horrible. The characters aren't likable, the voice actors blow, the gameplay is stale, and the story is dull. I can't see why X-2 would be any better... expecially if I hated the first one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2003-09-22 02:58 ]</font>

Well we will just have to see what happens with FFX-2 . I will be getting it lol I already have it pre ordered and pre paided lol . As for everything else . Well hmmmm . . . . . Peace out for now .