View Poll Results: How do you feel about the creation of a 3rd party PSO server outside of Sega? Should this be done?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

82 88.17%
  • No

5 5.38%
  • Don't care

6 6.45%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

On 2003-10-02 11:13, LollipopLolita wrote:
    there is already a private dc pso server running for people to play on.
    ???

On 2003-10-02 11:13, LollipopLolita wrote:
    there is already a private dc pso server running for people to play on.
    i think i know...

Rappy Hunter

Well ifs it not baburays server tell me.
    And about the cheating thing barburay has the power to ban you. You need to give him your serial # and access key for his server to accept it. If you cause chaos he will removed your access key and BAM! Access Deined.

I PMed him asking about this lol. Little did I know there was a topic about it.

I think it's a kick ass idea, I mean, PSO Version 1 & 2 started the whole deal, and even I, who plays EpI&II, still play Ver2 just for fun.

If you can do it without getting in trouble, go for it!!

Since I have no idea how these things work, I wonder...
    if it's possible to make your own private server, is it possible to dictate how the game operates?

I mean, could you change things so that every Hidelt would instead spawn as a Hildetorr, every Ob Lily a Mil Lily etc? I don't know if the game works that way, but it sure would give new meaning to "Ultimate Mode".

Oh and by the way, I would definitely dust off the ol' DC and play ver2 again if this would become open to a few people. Really fun idea.

On 2003-10-02 19:13, dj_dan wrote:
    I mean, could you change things so that every Hidelt would instead spawn as a Hildetorr, every Ob Lily a Mil Lily etc? I don't know if the game works that way, but it sure would give new meaning to "Ultimate Mode".
    heh, maybe baru should be able to do something about that..

priv. server sounds great! but i cant get my dc online
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I guess it's cool, but... people should really be moving on to the newer versions of the game, IMO.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

A2K :
    I guess it's cool, but... people should really be moving on to the newer versions of the game, IMO.
    True, but some of us are more attached to our DC characters then the game itself. I've remade my HUnny only once, that's when I stopped playing the JP version I shouldn't have had and got the US version when it came out so I can go online. That character has been around forever and I really don't feel like starting over after spending more than 660 hours on her over the course of 3 years. Besides, buying a new system for only one game doesn't seem smart.

-Duelle

On 2003-10-03 00:16, A2K wrote:
    How about those like myself who have already moved on, but would gladly play the good ol' DCv2 online as well, if it were convenient? (Heck... I have personally purchased 5 copies of v2, 2 copies of v1, and 4 copies of Episodes I&II, complete with GameCube for each! Blah!)

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

The BlackHawks: First Family of PSOW
    Pioneer City, Skyly Sector, Residential Block 7 East.

I'd be more than willing to play on a private DC server. I don't have a gamecube or xbox, and I'm still stuck on a dialup connection. I do, however, still have my DC and v2. Therefore..where do I sign up?

later

M_BlackHawk

BTW: Barubary, I need you to email me at [email protected]. I wish I could say more, but I just need to ask you a question.