Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hey anyone here who is into PS like everyone that has replied to this thread, feel free to icq me and talk some Phantasy. Im always looking for an online team as well!

Yes! PS 5 PLEASE!

Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

I actually just got on EBay and bought the original carts of Phantasy Star 2 and 4. They're not here yet though. I can't wait to break out my Genesis again and relive those great memories of my youth. The Sonic games, Vectorman, Altered Beast. Wow, I can't wait for the Smash Pak to be released without the console,. March seems so far away...............

Cool, man, I've tried getting the cartridges on E-bay as well, but I keep getting overbid. Once, I was outbid exactly a minute (?!?) before it was mine! Man....

As for the timeline, I'd say PSO is between 1 and 2. As I keep insisting, these are Earth Men, we are playing as before they are corrupted by a certain Dark Phallus. The Ruins are from Algol if you look at the evidence shown on the offline sealed door. Possibly from Ryukross than the other three.

Yes, I know about having meseta and the Naula Cake Shop, but those seem to be fan service, when compared to the other parts of the (incomplete) story.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Skee on 2001-02-23 14:44 ]</font>

Rappy Hunter

It has to have taken place after PS4.

Nei was the first Newman but died, then 1000s later Rika was created and she was the only Newman. It has to have taken alot of time for Rika to spawn the beginnings of an entire race to the point where they are commonplace.

I want to see a ps5 where Palma is reformed using some higher scientific methods.

And Motavia needs to become a desert again where E.farmers rule the sands =)

Hmmmm hard to say when the game is taking place????? If we are playing the Earthmen then why are there Numan's all over the place! LOL hmmmm Rykros? Possilbe but unlikely in my opinion. If it's Palma and it's between 1 and 2 there would still be a big population there, Ivory towers and what not. Hard to say. I dont think the designers know either or care because if they did we would have had a much richer story and a decent ending. (you call THAT an Epilouge?)

Just to counterpoint, isn't it strange how NeiFirst was taking part so unknowingly in Mother Brain's goals of destroying the people of Algol. I hardly think she was an accident at all.

Plus, if the Numans were a result from Earth technology that the like everything else from PS2 and on, it fits where I put PSO between 1 and 2 just fine. After all, the Numans may be a new thing to the Algolians. But not necessarily to the Earth men, the same can be said of the androids in PSO.

The game does not say these people were Algolians....only that home worlds were destroyed. And by that time, Mars could be a home world. If they were Algolians, why would Rico and the rest be so clueless of the Dark Falz...that is supposed to be utterly destroyed by the end of PS4 by Chaz and company?

As for Ragol itself, it is not in the Algol system at all. It has no association with it other than a space ship from Algol depositied and buried itself under Ragol's surface. And I know there is not much story in this game, but do you guys read any of it? Seriously, it is easy to miss, but it's there.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Skee on 2001-02-23 15:12 ]</font>

Hmmm... few nitpicks.

On the PS3 and PS4 simultaneous issue. Well, it's debatable. You see, in the original Japanese version the Laya/Orakio war took place 1000 years after the world ship left Palm. And PS3 occurs 1000 years after the L/O war. That places PS3 1000 years after PS4, and 2000 after PS2. However, when they translated(or butchered, depending on your opinion ^_-) it they 'modified' the timeline... placing the Laya Orakio war simultaneous with the destruction of Palm, leaving PS3 at the same point in time as PS4.

And as for a proliferation of Numans... Since they're a genetically engineered species, all you would need is a copy of the 'genetic code' and you could mass produce numans... I forgot which quest it was during, but during one a numan in town said something about Numan's artificial origins, which definitely leaves the 'Numan genetic structure taken with people who left Palm' option wide open... So, as far as PS4 Motavia or PS3 worldships, the numan presence doesn't really imply PSO is directly connected to either...

Good point there! I didnt think about it like that. But if it's Palma where is everyone else? Obviously it's possibly in Algol, because of Rappy's and the like but it beign Rykross I dont think is possible. Rykross I dont think has ever been any different that it appeard in 4. Who knows really though. It's a tough call. I was just hoping to see some Musk Cats.

Dont you think Numans are products of Musk Cat and Human cells anyway? That's what I've always thought

Yeah, the translation practically makes sorting all the 'facts' even more confusing. It actually splits the story and timeline for the Japanese and U.S. versions in two! But I tend to lean towards the Japanese timeline since that was what was intended to happen as opposed to Sega of America's attitude of, "Let's change this, this, and this, because we are lazy and don't want to program this cartridge too much to get it right. Nobody's gonna' notice 10 years from now, right?" ....heh.