View Poll Results: What is your favorite anime?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evangelion

1 4.17%
  • Dirty pair flash

2 8.33%
  • Cowboy Bebop

6 25.00%
  • Those who hunt elves

0 0%
  • Gundam

0 0%
  • Escaflowne

2 8.33%
  • Bakuretsu hunters

0 0%
  • Noir

0 0%
  • Other

13 54.17%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great Sage Equaling Heaven

SaiYuki.

Utena has been one of my favorite Anime for a long time. It's so good, and so close to home in a lot of its symbolism, that it's scary sometimes. I love the series, movie, and manga (plural)

Excel Saga and Slayers

GBN (Great Buffer Nawms)
    Sitting at a chair looking at a moniter. Duh

Uhh how bout Eva oh:

On 2003-11-12 22:55, Ian-KunX wrote:
    El Hazard OAVS(PWNZ. Besides, Okiayu Ryoutaru voiced Jinnai.)
    Do you mean Ryoutaru from Plastic Tree O_O Now I must go see El Hazard! I love Plastic Tree!!
    Anyway, I can't understand either why some one would make a poll, but I've done stupid things like this too (made a pull for favorite music genre, boy did I get slapped...) But I was suprised that Esca Flowne is listed as one! Heil Esca Flowne! *bows down and starts chanting* Yes, Esca Flowne is my favorite anime!

No single anime can be considered the best unless you have only seen one anime series. If you have only seen one anime series then I feel sorry for you.

On 2003-11-15 20:08, ssephiroth_da_hunter wrote:
    No single anime can be considered the best unless you have only seen one anime series. If you have only seen one anime series then I feel sorry for you.
    Are you saying that Esca Flowne isn't any better than pokemon?... Because if you are...*shakes fist*
    Any way, I think you've got it backwards. I don't think an anime can be considered the best if the person has only seen that anime. How would they know without comparing it? What if Pokemon was the only anime they saw... do you truly think that they would think that that anime is ultimately the best?

Personally, I almost immediately disregard anybody who I hear saying anything is the best of anything else. It's just too high-handed for me. Whoever says something like that must think a whole lot of themselves.

In the past 14 years, I've had the chances to deal with all of the fans of a given popular series, from Speed Racer to Robotech to Sailor Moon to Dragon Ball to Pokemon to Eva, and they all make me sick. It's not like all of those shows are bad, anything, and indeed, a couple of them are among my favorites. It's just that it's also not like they're the freaking bible. Some people need to get a grip.

The little one

On 2003-11-16 10:48, Inu_Ranma wrote:
    Personally, I almost immediately disregard anybody who I hear saying anything is the best of anything else. It's just too high-handed for me. Whoever says something like that must think a whole lot of themselves.

In the past 14 years, I've had the chances to deal with all of the fans of a given popular series, from Speed Racer to Robotech to Sailor Moon to Dragon Ball to Pokemon to Eva, and they all make me sick. It's not like all of those shows are bad, anything, and indeed, a couple of them are among my favorites. It's just that it's also not like they're the freaking bible. Some people need to get a grip.
    That's a fairly accurate portrayal of the "Fanboy" if I do say so myself. You hit it right on the money, Inu.

It doesn't mean you can't have a favourite, though. Or favourites, as I've seen too many to classify one as being the best.

So, personally, I really liked:

Magic Knight Rayearth (Go Ascot!)
    The Vision of Escaflowne (anything Yoko Kanno touches becomes holy, I swear to God)
    Meitantei Conan
    Inuyasha
    Utena (*huggles Anthy*)
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Slayers
    Macross
    Cardcaptor Sakura (CLAMP, how I love thee)
    Chobits

Angel Sanctuary is an absolutely wonderful manga, but the anime lacked charm. Maybe because it only animated like...a sixth of the whole story and the best arc is the Heaven's story anyhow.

Clamp and Yoko Kanno are both very good ^_^
    I just finished reading the Miyuki-chan manga. It's hilarious, especially Game-land and X-land.