Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2003-12-13 14:37, Miki wrote:
    Just tried the Inferno Bazooka out today with my Girlfriend's FOmarl. If saying "It's RAmarl handgun speed" is an exaggeration, it's not a HUGE exaggeration. She puts my Ranger to shame with that thing equipped. What was Sonic Team thinking?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miki on 2003-12-13 14:38 ]</font>
    they were thinking to themselves, there has got to be at least one reason to use this piece of shit!

thus the FOmarl was born.

Dead man walking

What level does the FOmarl have to be to use the INFERNO BAZOOKA? I've really gotta see this for myself.

On 2003-12-13 12:34, joluh wrote:

FOmarl and FOmar's animation to me are pretty much the same
    Except they're almost completely -not-. >_>; FOmar tends to have either stock male animations(Saber, rifle, partisan, slicer, etc) or his own unique one (Unarmed, wand, rod, I think someone mentioned once that his Claw animation was different?). XD

The male sword combo is almost unusable. Female is still eh, but it's better. Male sword tech is kind of slow.

Partisans own equally on all classes. Techs are semi-slow, but not that bad.

I don't like the default female Double Saber animation. HUcaseal's pwnz, and I like the male one. Male tech animation is essentially identical to using a Wand, and fairly fast. Have not actually used techs with a female.

Handguns are about the same all around, but RAmarl's looks best. Male tech seems faster, but it could just be me.

Sabers... Are more usable with a male than a female. I don't like the female combo, but I find the male one surprisingly usable. Casting speed is similarily speedy with both sexes.

Claws... Meh. HUnewearl/whoever shares it is best, I've heard, but... Yeah. No coments on casting speed.

Slicers... Can't say, only ever really used 'em on a male. The FOmar really needs his own animation for this, though, as the default male one looks REALLY stupid with his dress. >_<;;; Not too bad for techs, but eh.

Katanas... Meh. Female is supposedly better. Male casts techs same as Saber.

Daggers ...Make a HUcaseal. Suddenly all those godforsaken Cross Scars and Blade Dances and Bloody Arts ORAN finds look like a good idea. Anyone else... Blech. >_> Don't use daggers on fleshy classes, no clue.

Rifles are about the same overall. Tech speed about the same.

Shots universally are entirely too slow for my taste. Don't cast with 'em, so.

Mechguns are about the same. All classes seem about the same for tech speed, but I would note that here the FOmar has a unique animation which is fairly nifty-looking.

Rods: I don't know, for some odd reason I don't melee with Force weapons. Don't use them on a FOnewm unless you want to die laughing? Casting speed slow on a FOmar, better than a Wand on a FOnewearl, haven't used on FOmarl/newm.

Wands: See Rods. Decent with a FOmar/newm, a bit slow for my taste on my FOnewearl, haven't used yet on my FOmarl.

Canes: ...As far as I can tell, Canes are basically identical to Sabers in their use.

Cards: Don't use. At all.

Anything I forgot I really, -really- don't use. >_>;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

I'll make it clear for everyone : I HAVE BOTH.
    And it IS an exaggeration, she may fire fast (although not first shell if you look closely) but she needs time to recover while this is not the case with a Handgun.

hem, hem, sorry Ian, but you made quite a few mistakes, probably from the fact that you lack experience of some characters. I do not mean to sound condescending or anything but I have to correct for information's sake.

The male sword combo is almost unusable.
    As far as I know, the male combo is faster and a lot easier to use.

Partisans own equally on all classes.
    That is true, but still males are faster, and FOmarl is even slower (reason I do not use SOUL BANISH).

I don't like the default female Double Saber animation. HUcaseal's pwnz, and I like the male one.
    You forgot to mention the FOmarl has her own animation which is even better than the HUcaseal's, IMO.

Sabers... Are more usable with a male than a female. I don't like the female combo, but I find the male one surprisingly usable.
    I like female's better, a lot.

Claws... Meh. HUnewearl/whoever shares it is best.
    HUcaseal/RAmarl have the best, not HUnewearl.

Slicers...
    FOmarl, not the least doubt, then females.

Katanas... Meh. Female is supposedly better. Male casts techs same as Saber.
    Female is not better, and females too cast techs same as sabers.

Mechguns are about the same. All classes seem about the same for tech speed, but I would note that here the FOmar has a unique animation which is fairly nifty-looking.
    So does the FOmarl, especially when casting.

Rods
    Surprisingly good on a FOmar, flinches monsters backwards more than other weapons or classes, very useful to know when playing C-mode.

It was a very good idea to mention casting speed, I must say.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kefka on 2003-12-13 16:44 ]</font>

On 2003-12-13 16:20, Kefka wrote:
    I'll make it clear for everyone : I HAVE BOTH.
    Yeah.. and you're not the only one that has both and can make that sort of judgement.

Humanoid Will

the point is- even if it does fire close to the speed of a handgun, the bazooka has a fairly long recovery time after the combo is finished... handgun has close to none.

thanks for the info guys! its been helpful... However it seems to me the males got the short end of the stick in the animations department.. femals seem to haver better in just about everything. I wonder if thats because the males do more damage then the females? any feedback on that?

Yes, males have greater ATP on a class specific comparison. To better balance things out, minor tweaks in the animation have been made.

ah i see... i still wish the males had better attack animations. maybe the same speed but they looked cooler. males are strong so they can do more stuff with the weps

Males tend to have better animations on mutli-target weapons.

And I strongly disagree to say that on the whole females have better animation.