Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You have no mommy from now you cry to me

That wasn't a flame, I'm just saying when you lose 4 games against your own deck maybe you're playing with people who are out of your league.

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

On 2003-12-23 10:43, shinto_kuji wrote:
    hey dime, that was again uncalled for. shut up. -wishes he was a mod so he could ban dime- but ya, thats what will happen with card games. i used to play the pokemon tcg, tourneys and everything. i was the original person who came up with the whole promo mewtwo/computer search strategy that got copied by so many freaking people. i would even see it in magazines and stuff. so ya, good players get copied=p its annoying, but it just means you can come up with some good strategies. and being the original maker, it does in fact give you the upper hand (apart from dice rolls...)
    I don't think any one person could claim that they are the original deck maker. All you did was use 2 cards together. Big whoop. I used to play plenty of crazy ass combos, then people copy. I've been called a deck copier myself, and I always thought my ideas were original. Remember, there are alot of people out there, with so many limitations, you eventually will run into copies. ???

Well, people are starting to stop using our deck. It's now *infamous*, seen as a cheap deck, and people aren't impressed when we DO use it. We were in two tourneys today, and in the first, both opponents were Arks. "Oh shit," I thought, here comes our deck. But no, they bring out Evil Sharks. Next round, out come 2 of our Pouilly Slimes. "Huh, the red slime deck. We're doomed."
    says one guy. But the other guy reassured him, saying if it was the Pouilly deck, he could handle it.

He didn't, lost by one hit point at the end. In the next round there are two FOs. We get one Pouilly in the first round, and set it. Now, instead of attacking us as they are clearly able, they instantly go frantic to kill the slime. They fail due to the mass of defense cards on the
    dreaded "Pouilly deck", and the FO in front says "Oh no, next round, I'm gonna be surrounded
    by Pouilly Slimes."

So there you have it. I made this deck three days ago, and everyone copied it, now we are evil for using it. >_< It's hardly fair, that nobody realises *I* made this deck, and I'm not happy to change it because a bunch of copycats made it infamous in only 2 days. I don't know what to do now.

Incidentally there ARE defenses against this deck. But nobody seems to use them, probably because
    the deck is taboo. I just don't know.

- Shimarisu

I don't think any one person could claim that they are the original deck maker. All you did was use 2 cards together. Big whoop. I used to play plenty of crazy ass combos, then people copy. I've been called a deck copier myself, and I always thought my ideas were original. Remember, there are alot of people out there, with so many limitations, you eventually will run into copies. ???
    I didn't use two cards together, we are using a carefully planned deck of thirty cards. Sixty if you count that there are two decks to this strategy. It's now been refined and with no help to the copy cats who did not show us anything new.
    And yes, I think I can claim I made this deck. I've seen dribs and drabs of strategies from it before, but it wasn't until I brought the whole kaboodle onto Mintaka that the DAY after I spent all day tourneying with it, suddenly everyone has the same deck. You can hardly call that coincidence.

It also seems in theory, to be an absolutely crazy deck. It's very unique and seems very risky, you CAN get defeated by getting very poor odds. The trick here is, if you get very poor odds (extremely unlikely on probability) you die EARLY on. Bad odds later don't affect this deck. I was so sick of battles running the full half hour before I threw bum dice and lost on luck. Valuing my time as I do, because I constantly fear running out of it, I made the ultimate "do or die" deck. You throw bad dice/get a bad hand consistently early on, you are doomed. That is why there are 2 players, it makes our odds of winning much higher and we have lost 3 out of about 25 battles so far against human opponents. All to bad odds. All to people using OUR deck.

Before, I was only winning every other battle, so yes, I love this deck. The question is, do I carry on using it?

- Shimarisu

Dime, ep 3 isn't really like that.

Shimarisu has unleashed evil on PSO for making such a deck. Evil!!! No actually, all kidding aside, I find it a little funny. But hey you made a deck, it works well, so then people of course copies it. It's human nature. Like I said consider it as a form of flattery. Least you know how to combat it.

Even if you stop using it, other people won't, and therefore the deck will remain to get copied. But his will happen with every single good deck out there, it will always get copied.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-12-23 12:15 ]</font>

You have no mommy from now you cry to me

When I get ep3 I'm making the ultimate cheap deck.

Humanoid Will

actually, polishedweasel aimed that towards me >.> i didn't just use two cards together. if you get a strategy then you build a whole deck around it. =O but anyways, -waits for ep3- ack i wanna team up with a friend of mine and do some card playing >.> <.<

Svm Inimicus Mali

Let me put it this way, Shimarisu... if you aren't acting outside the boundaries of the game's design, then there is no guilt in winning with the strategy you've come up with. If they know the threat of that deck is out there and they don't implement the necessary countermeasures, then it's their fault they lost.

On 2003-12-23 12:14, Shimarisu wrote:

Before, I was only winning every other battle, so yes, I love this deck. The question is, do I carry on using it?

- Shimarisu
    If you win enough, yeah... keep on with the evil deck. But don't stagnate on only that. Try to evolve it as you play and try variations on it.
    I know from experience that even the most impressive deck can crumble if the opponents figure out your weak spots and strategy.
    And you said it yourself before, you know the weaknesses in the deck... it's only a matter of time before someone catches on.

Anyhow, good luck and keep getting that rank up!