Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    L:200 Purplenum RAmarl extraordinaire

Kef, if was completely relevant to tell you to shut up. That's about as clean as it's going to get, considering how tired I am of your rampant ignorance. These charts are exactly the same, and saying that one is more accurate than the other just comes off as a bias, not usable information.

Here's the basic sum of this post so far.

Some guy: "Here are the drop charts."

Ketch: "Here is an alternative. It might be more accurate."

Someone else: "I don't see why one chart would be more accurate than the other."

Kef: "Actually, it is. Although the numbers are exactly the same, I happen to like Sounomi better, so her chart is more accurate."

Kef, you really need to learn that whether or not you like something has nothing to do with how good it is. This goes for your adoration of pathetic Sabers and Claws, your bias towards Sounomi's charts and surely plenty of other things.

The Tooth Fairy

O_o I feel a certain tension between two parties...?

Anyway Kef is not completely wrong, Sounomi has the drop rates for box items, and the other thing is heyf00ls guide had a few mistakes (Boss drop rates for example), which he fixed by now as far as i know.
    But for the rest, they are pretty identical, they round their numbers differently, but thats about it.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=76417&forum=7

Why Sou's charts are possibly more accurate than HeyF00l's.

Sounomi uses a program, Heyf00l did it by hand.

This topic is too old to bump though.

Finally! 1 New RAcast Avatar!

Geez...what is the difference between some 1/1000 and 1/1001? People should not look for drop guides and just play the damn game.

beg you pardon but looking the ingame chance up helps a lot when hunting a specific item.
    sure you can find what you desire from the next critter you slay, but simply from virtual overall-chances its best to look up who drops it at the best rate and who is most common where.

(i.e. what quest provides the highest number of that specific critter in one hour of playtime, that drops it at the best chance.)

anyway, the argument in this thread is really pointless.
    use sounomi's chart, use heyF00l's chart, use vulpes' chart. they're all more or less the same since all base on the same raw data.

so, keep the peace > everyone
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

Finally! 1 New RAcast Avatar!

...er...well...I guess I should have said something like that...

Well, I guess if you really desire to have an item, you would look up drop rate charts.

And the nonsense about one chart being inaccurate...they all give a rough estimate of the drop percentage...and I'd say I can live with that.

Paladin, Defender of the Light

On 2004-03-11 11:53, PaleKid15 wrote:
    On 2004-03-11 09:56, Antimony wrote:
    On 2004-03-11 09:48, PaleKid15 wrote:
    http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html

1/205. FORUM SEARCH! USE GUIDES!
    No need to shout! Just a point in the right direction will do!

Sometimes the Forum Search can't bring out what you want...and sometimes the site can be a little overwhelming.

I personally use heyf00l's drop chart (thank youuuu!) for anything like that. the link is http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html
    There is a need to shout. People need to learn to use the site.
    First, a caveat: PSOW has a breadth of useful information about this game. Without it, I'd probably have one lower level character, still, rather than working on several characters with a few in Ultimate mode.

Now, having said that: the site could use some improvement. I earned my Bachelor's degree in English with an emphasis in technical writing. In addition, I do database support (MS Access) and I know how to code HTML. Thus, I'm not new to web surfing, searching, database or web design. And I found there was a steeper learning curve to using this site. Information isn't where I expected it to be, searching isn't as intuitive as it could be, and information is spread out across different areas of the site that I, if designing the site, would put on one page. Veteran users know where to find all the information, but newer users need a more intuitive site or some help from vets on occasion.

A perfect example of this relates to the Item Database. I assumed that all the qualities -- both listed and hidden -- would be listed with the item in its description in the Item Database. This wasn't the case. Technique bonuses on Force weapons are listed in a SEPARATE location. The link to this occurs after a long amount of text, so it's not very visually accessible. Additionally, it's not clear that it contains additional information beyond what the Item Database lists. So, I used the forum to ask for help, and some people politely pointed me in the right direction. It was much appreciated.

So, in my opinion, PSOW isn't really designed for new users. In any case, keeping in mind that we were all new users to the site at some point in time, whether it be 2 years ago or 2 days ago, is appreciated.

*bows*
    Aular of the Light

Probability Consultant

On 2004-03-11 15:24, Ketchup345 wrote:
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=76417&forum=7

Why Sou's charts are possibly more accurate than HeyF00l's.

Sounomi uses a program, Heyf00l did it by hand.

This topic is too old to bump though.
    Wait-a-minute! That's MY thread!!!! *beams proudly* It did mutate just a little bit, didn't it...
    Anyway, I agree about some of the PSOW information not being in the best of places, but really, the Guides page and the Item DB/Findings etc. can lead to everything you need to know. People still post on the forums asking questions answered in the next thread down, too... ah well - if you needed help, would you want people to shout at you?