Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Personally I'd rather listen to rap than country. There's just somethin about a genre that allows songs like "If you don't leave me I'll find someone who will".

But hey you could throw out several of raps top 20's w/titles that are just as retarded.

Ya gotta admit tho Outkast is pretty cool even if ya don't like rap.

On 2004-03-17 18:12, Solstis wrote:
    "Hip-hop" wsa good, but rap, is... not so good.

I miss old Boys 'II' Men.
    Lol, don't hurt yaself! I still listen to Evolution. Anyway, it's funny how I can leave these forums for close to a year, and the same off-topic non-sense arises in the same threads, strangely enough having to do with rap. I guess life is just like a circle.

50 was out of line talking down homosexuals like that though. You should take a look at yourself before you try to criticize others.

Outkast isn't rap.

On 2004-03-18 19:53, shifter wrote:
    On 2004-03-18 19:03, Ness wrote:
    I dislike 50 cent because he helps further black stereotypes that BET states are how black people are supposed to act. Also I can think of about 50 people I'd rather listen to than 50 cent.
    totally agree with everything you said ness. BET is now(well has been since i can remember)a joke, all it does is dumb down black people or anyone stupid enough to watch. as for not getting on other rappers for saying the same thing, since very few people here still listen to rap on a regular basis. but if we did, we be on them like hungry fat man at a buffet(its a metaphore(sp) so calm down). o and your impression of a black person needs a lot of work unless you are black, which in that case stop. just stop.
    Hell, I gotta say it three times because of that statement. Preach, preach, PREACH! That's sorta like me saying N'SYNC is better than Guns and Roses. You wouldn't want me down-sizing one of the greatest rock bands in history, would you? So don't do it to rap.

On 2004-03-19 11:58, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

Hell, I gotta say it three times because of that statement. Preach, preach, PREACH! That's sorta like me saying N'SYNC is better than Guns and Roses. You wouldn't want me down-sizing one of the greatest rock bands in history, would you? So don't do it to rap.
    Actually, I couldn't care less about the bands people insult; it's their choice.

Wasn't directed towards you Ness. And it isn't the fact that they insult them, it's the fact that they insinuate things they don't know about.

On 2004-03-19 12:21, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
    Wasn't directed towards you Ness. And it isn't the fact that they insult them, it's the fact that they insinuate things they don't know about.
    Oh, well nevermind.

I Dream Of Sleep

On 2004-03-18 18:54, Blenjar wrote:
    First of all yes, its the same person. I'm not taking any sides but I'm just speaking the truth.

If Rap was crap or shitty as you say, wat is it one of the most popular type of song? Rap gets played in clubs and so like In Da Club, 2002's best song ever made, its still sum hard shit in clubs rite now.

So why the hell ya'll talkin about, 50 cent isn't the only fuckin dude who said he hates gay guys u bitches, other fuckers said the same joint so y the hell ya'll gettin all excited bout.

Is it because the guy is black and his first album shitted on else albums after Snoog-double-G-dogg shitted on them? uhh just ya'll just hattin.
    Its never about what colour his skin is, its about stupid fuck ups he keeps doing. The big headed idiot first goes to collect an award he never won, then offends alot of people with stupid bias statements. People hate him cause he is a fool!

Battle Fiend

Lol well umm i was kinda not in the mmood everytime i check pso, this week wasn't that good 'till saturday which was my only good day.

Pardon me for my language and yea, umm the rest and sorry for whoever got offended to w/e I said.

Let's all just be friends.

My opinion about this who situation is, I just dont give a fuck about it all, nots my biz, trying to finish HS right now hehehehe and bounce to gibbs.

Pardon me for my language again.
    Gamertag: NoobBlenjar

On 2004-03-18 15:39, anwserman wrote:
    On 2004-03-18 15:24, kevlar_pso wrote:
    On 2004-03-17 03:47, Kent wrote:
    On 2004-03-16 23:19, Gajeh wrote:
    ummm... this may sound stupid but who is 50 cent?
    A rapper.

a.k.a. Someone who can make money my acting like an idiot and displaying his lack of musical talent.
    You can say what ya want about talent, I'd like to see any1 here get up on stage and do what he or any other rapper does on stage. If you can't flow you can't flow.

Do I agree w/his statement? No I don't. I may not agree w/the gay lifestyle and think it is wrong, but that does not mean that I hate them.

As far as his not havin a prob w/lesbians goes. What straight guy doens't fantasize about 2 women. Since he's all about the bling and the "hoes". I'm sure you can see why he wouldn't have a prob w/that.

Sure f***** is offensive to gays and the "N" word is offensive to Black ppl. In our society, which word is more offensive? Obviously the "N" word. Does that give a Black man the green light to offend gay ppl because he thinks he can get away w/it? Well, this is America. As long as ppl bob to his beats he will have a platform for what ever he wants to say.

I don't think he cares who he offends. W/all the $$$ he has he could care less. You can critisize(correct my sp all ya want I'm tired lol) his intollerance as much as you want. No matter how much our popular culture and the liberal media tries to push tolerance, a large segment of our country is very much ont he opposite end. There will always be the extremes on each end. Before I start ramblin on too much that's my 50, I mean 2 cents.
    I don't want to argue.
    50 Cent is a man who somehow stumbled across a record deal. I won't give him credit for his musical talents... and to tell the truth, I was actually going to download some music of his (other then In Da Club) to see if I'd enjoy it. But his comment right there destroyed any desire I had to see if his music was worth listening to.
    50 Cent didn't "stumble across a record deal" as you put it. He was a huge talent, with a big fanbase on the underground rap scene in New York.
    You will notice the use of the word "was" in that last sentence as IMO both his flow and personality have gone down the pan since he became a superstar.

You won't give him credit for musical talent, yet won't listen to his music because of a dumb comment he made to get more attention.

I really wish this topic hadn't gone down such a path and people would just have insulted 50 for being such a prick rather than start droning on about how crap rap is.

I love "rap" music, be it Hip-hop, RnB or any other genre that uses rapping in some form (I also like pretty much any musical genre, bar a few ) I understand that some of you hate it, but why must you be so self righteous as to make statements about how all rap is rubbish, just because that is your opinion?

Rap music isn't just listened to people who want to be "cool" as someone mentioned. The best rap is usually near the bottom of the pop charts, with the most widely regarded best rappers struggling to get high places.

If you seriously think all rap is about bling bling and hoes, then go listen to "Heaven" by Nas, that is a deep song that would get even the biggest anti-rap fans thinking about life/death.

Anyway, on topic now, should 50 Cent have said that? No, of course he shouldn't. It just shows how far some people will go to get publicity these days. 50's current star personna is an arrogant one and I can't stand it.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of personality he would have taken if he had been signed to a less commercial label, but I don't think people here want to talk about that...

To whoever mentioned Outkast, yes they do have great songs from what I have heard and yes they are rap.

And to whoever said rapping took no talent: