Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

actually 6 versions if you count blue burst.

The descriptions would change. They'd have to. Some of the cards on here, if left the way they are, would simply be far too overpowered to be used properly. Which would require a new disc, since I highly doubt Sega built in the capability of reading data files from a memory card. Would be great if they did, but I somehow doubt it.
    They changed the discription of Explosion online, didn't they? If so, couldn't they do the same for the overpowered cards?

Edit: Also, while I have not gone through all of the special effects, some of them could be countered by giving the cards low stats and/or a high cost.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Codester on 2004-04-18 13:16 ]</font>

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

No, they fixed the effect of explosion online, it didn't work how it was stated. So if anything, they fit it to the description.

Some simply can't be fixed by raising cost. Double Edged Dice for example. 1-3, card attacking dies, 4-6 card defending dies. Throw a Dice Fever on and you have an action card that can kill anything in one hit, barring SCs. I suppose making it 7 cost would help, but anything below that would make it too easy to play.

EDIT: Nevermind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-04-18 19:16 ]</font>

Umm... couldn't they just regulate some of those uber cards like they do with Red Slime? I do beleive his stats are different online than offline. Also, isn't the possbility of limiting cards to like 1 per deck. I know other card games have these kind of rules. Personally, I think if they did add these 'upgrades' weither by download or purchase, I think any online player would get them as who wouldn't want to be up-to-date with everyone else. And even if they would still be game-breakingly uber offline, who'd care? So what if you can cream your buddy who's over to your house, or beat Pollux easier (in fact i'd like to be able to beat her more easily.)

I know that it shouldn't be out soon, but in a year or so, it will be needed, if they want to keep the game alive.

Heh, and if they do do that, hopefully they will add the most elite card of all to the US pso...DEL RAPPY!!!11!!!1!!1!! WHOAMG, HEIL DEL RAPPY.

The Del is out there, you just need to complete the oh so onerous task of collecting every single card in the game. Still a 98%'er out there, nothing higher (unless you count a cheat)

I really doubt it. For 2 reasons.

They said that wouldn't do more episodes/expansions of the same.

Episode 3 sold very bad.

An expansion of ep3 would reduce more the amount of players.

Like I stated in the post about Ep 3 sales, it really didn't do that badly, given it's market. It's not *meant* to be a million seller, and I highly doubt Sega went into it expecting it would be. I sold decently well, more than well enough to make back profits and provide for new content (even well enough to pay GMS, but.. Meh). Just because it didn't sell as much as offline only games is not an indicator of much.