View Poll Results: I think the Pistons season long hard work earned them the NBA title over the Lakers. Who else was h

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Detroit Pistons

6 60.00%
  • L.A. Lakers

2 20.00%
  • neither

2 20.00%

I think the Pistons season long hard work earned them the NBA title over the Lakers. Who else was happy the Pistons won?
    For the poll, who were you rooting for?

Good for them. Actually, I really have not been following the season that much but it is always nice to hear when a team wins. Besides, it really shows what us Michigan people can do.

It figures Detroit FINALLY gets a good line-up after I move out of the state. But, to tell the truth, a part of me felt bad for Karl Malone, and the fact that he'll never own a championship ring (The Jazz were robbed back in '98...or was it?). But itsbut a "small" price to pay to witness the juggernaut known as the LA Lakers go down like a smoldering heap of dookie.

Is anyone else as suprised as I was to see the Pistons thrash LA so badly? Gracious, they won every game (With exception of game 2) by double digits, and often by twenty points or more.

Ill be whatever I wanna do

The Lakers need to learn that there is no 'I' in team. Their strategies basically boil down to: pass it to shaq/kobe etc and let them score. Whereas the Pistons actually play like a team - and on the break their speed made them unstoppable.

If Karl Malone was healthy, Lakers in 5. Nuff said.

Tested by pirates.

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree. Karl Malone was a good player, but his court presence would not have been close to enough to oliterate the Piston's triumph over the Lakers throughout the series. In Game 5, the pistons were leading by 28 points at one part of the game. Karl's presence may have slimmed the Piston lead down to 22, if that.

Look at the Lakers record with Karl malone, and look at it with out. The lakers didn't have anyone to contend with Rasheed or the other PFs. Karl Malone was injured in the first game wasn't he, and the games he did play in he was only a fraction of himself.

Trust me, I'm no Laker bandwagoner, I live in the NW, the only people that like the Lakers up here are transplants from LA.

I'll give it up to the Pistons, they beat the heavily favored Lakers, but with Malone, Lakers win. Superstars always beat out hard working teams. Unless their third scoring option isn't available, like it was in the finals.

Tested by pirates.

koko ni watashi ga imasu deshita, ima imasen

I'm just a lakers freak, so um, GO LAKERS YEAH... cough loosers.

You may have a point there, but again, I'm sticking firmly to my belief that excellent teamwork can destroy even the biggest superstars. In addition, Shaq and Kobe, although they managed to score some points were the Lakers. They had no assistance from anyone. Gary Peyton was supposedly a superstar, but he did worse than the Pistons bench. Finally although Shaq and Kobe were doing ok, they themselves also had there share of bad finals games and frustrations caused by the excellent play execution by the pistons. The piston's fast break was unstoppable.

The Lakers played like it didnt really matter, while the Pistons played to win and win they did.