Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it?

Well, i am trying to decide if I should get this game. Although, I will only be able to play offline, for lack of funds to buy the modem/pay for the hunters license for both GC and Xbox.

so, is this game worth it for the offline?

If you're in for a new way to play PSO in a strategy RPG format, then this game is for you. There's thosands of tactics one could employ, and it can be quite challenging as well. The unique storyline for this game is very intreguing as well...

Either way, I find it a fun game, both on-line and off.
    I'm still around.

As much fun as I may find it, you have some serious questions to ask yourself.

Do you like stratagizing(sp?)? Some may argue that not much is in the actual battle, but in the deck building. If you are willing to invest time into figuring out good decks, then it may be good (though offline only is a bit different).

Did you like PSO 1 2 offline? If you didn't it may be a problem, the only difference is that its even more mission based. You have more characters to interact with and an okay stroy to weed it together.

Do you care for turn based? You have to wait, theres not much hurry scurry, but plunty of nail biting moments.

Those are the basics, but I'm not really sure what to say to only offline players as you won't have the same challenge neccessarily as someone online. Also, you don't have as many goals you can meet offline (such as a Tourny Rank). Just seriously consider it cause I'm tired of people making forums saying they're tired of the game when they hated it before they started.

Mofo in the Know

This game is much more enjoyable online, but if you are a diehard PSO fan, you will most likely still have fun with this offline.

I'd get it. It is still pretty good.

Personally I wouldn't buy it. It's slow boring and extraordinarily bland. But you've already made your mind up to buy it even if it is to see how bad it is.

It says that you can adopt different tactics and that's true because there are about 500 cards to collect. But in all honesty one battle is much the same as the other and with it being so slow, you can't help but feel you really have wasted your time on this. At least with Ep 1 & 2 the action is quick and exciting even though it is repetitive and map variences at least allow for some change.

It looks good, nice little story features, but ultimately very, very disappointing and it'll gather dust on the shelf while you're playing PSO 1 & 2.

On 2004-07-23 08:28, Azbats wrote:
    Personally I wouldn't buy it. It's slow boring and extraordinarily bland. But you've already made your mind up to buy it even if it is to see how bad it is.

It says that you can adopt different tactics and that's true because there are about 500 cards to collect. But in all honesty one battle is much the same as the other and with it being so slow, you can't help but feel you really have wasted your time on this. At least with Ep 1 & 2 the action is quick and exciting even though it is repetitive and map variences at least allow for some change.

It looks good, nice little story features, but ultimately very, very disappointing and it'll gather dust on the shelf while you're playing PSO 1 & 2.
    Uhh well the only time I've ever found PSO1&2 exciting was during CMode. The game is fun, yes but not exciting. To be honest I think PSO3 is actually more exciting than EP1&2 due to the luck factor and such. For example, the outcome of a battle could hinge upon a single dice roll .

its the nail biting and suspense that I like. You don't get that tension in Ep 1 2. I liked C-Mode because of the intenese beat-the-clock action cooperation. yeah, thats about it.

Are u kidding it's the best game ever to play in strategy. when u think u got that battle won and u get a bad dice roll and u screw the game over a bad choise of strategy that's the shhh@#$ or u win the game by pure good rolls and they keep getting bad rolls to me is one of the best card games now and plus u get the chance to play as more chars at any time not just only one class now that's cool

Are u kidding it's the best game ever to play in strategy.
    Thats an opinion my friend; not everyone in the world would agree with you there, though, most of the people on THIS site would.