Hello all,
    Just wondering, is there a fixed drop rate for p. Drops, or are they completly random, just wondering b/c my lvl 9 hunter found one in caves lol. haha, i'm to Dal Ralie and i havn't taken damage from a single enemy lol (i've used like 50 pow mats and got a lvl 150 pow mag lmao...he's doin like 300 damage and he's lvl 9) ok, gonna go fight now, thanks for the responces (don't yell at me...i'm an idiot)
    -Fennic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fennic on 2004-08-11 16:07 ]</font>

They are totally random.....

I am sure of it.

They are just a 'rare' common item, like a hell gladius with 100 hit percent.... (by the way that would rock...)

edit: oh my god, double typo....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: agenevil on 2004-08-11 16:12 ]</font>

The drop rate for PDs is around 1/1000 (0.1%) at its highest (Ultimate difficulty) I belive. Lower difficulties have lower PD drop rates, around 0.04% in Normal I believe.

On 2004-08-11 16:09, agenevil wrote:
    They are totally random.....

I am sure of it.

They are just a 'rare' common item, liek a hell gladius with 100 hit percent.... (by the wya that would rock...)
    Not true. Everything has a drop rate (from Monomates to Psycho Wand), either as a common item, or a rare drop. Normal drops are rarely used, but do exist.

Photon Drops are technically Tools (green box items), but are in a Red Box. Anything that has any drop anything rate can drop a Photon Drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-11 16:17 ]</font>

Human After All

Photon Drops can drop from anything. Monsters, bosses, boxes, you name it. This is true for all dificulties. I do not know what the specific drop rate is however.

Truth Seeking Hunter

Quo's right. Photon Drops are totally random. I get them all the time from just about any enemy possible. Makes me mad though when you are looking for rare item that's like 11 to 12 stars.

thanks everyone, just wanted to know, i thought this hunter might have been lucky...oh, i've also found 2 Def mats....those are prolly not lucky lol... thanks again
    -Fennic

Yeah, 1/1000 sounds about right. It drops from everything so it's not as common as some might think, but it does like to screw with us when it drops instead of an uber. -.-

If the drop rate really is about 1/1,000, then the pd that purplenum mil gave is much, much rarer than the psycho wand.

^Anyone could have told you that. Friend of mine got a PD forr a Bluefull Torr.