Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Cyn, it's not an issue of 'not wanting to compensate'. It's an issue of 'I get ill from things like that very easily'. You're right, after about 15 minutes I wouldn't even notice it anymore. But my stomach would, and me running to the bathroom to throw up doesn't help anyone. So if I go to US BB for some reason, you can be damn sure I'll have my usual low-end settings by default, so I won't have to change them to go to CCA/Seabed, and I won't have to throw up because I've got frame skip on, either. >_>

Any kind of flicker, any kind of jerky movement... There's a couple of games I have that I can't actually really get into and play, because playing them makes me sick after about half an hour. X_o

Maybe I SHOULD just stick with console gaming, due to the differences between mouse movement and controller movement, one of the games that makes me sick didn't bother me at all because it wasn't so fucking jerky and squirelly. >_>;

It pisses me off, though. O_o; Stupid body. I get sick on tire swings and while I'm driving on curvy roads, too(Yes, I get sick while I'M driving, it's even worse if I'm passenger). Rollercoasters inexplicably do nothing to me. X_x;

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

GO TO HELL C:

On 2005-03-11 20:10, Nites wrote:
    What happens if Sega goes bankrupt? Servers would more or less likely go down, all of them. With GC we could connect to a homebrew one. With BB I believe you have to go through a patch server, bye-bye BBers
    Saiffwin that is pretty ignorant of you. Just because you believe does NOT make it true that BB will go down just because of that.
    Ok, let me put it this way. It HAS to go through a patch server to be patchable. I've been their. Played games, seen what it's like. Even if you don't see it going through a patch server doesn't mean it doesn't
    Point is, BB will go down too. Xbox version was patchable, what happened to it? Uh... I dunno. ST forgot about it? (This is in no way a shot at saying xbox is worse than any other version, rather that ST are lazy fuckwads)
    Just because XBOX version did not succeed very well does NOT mean BB will not either.
    Ok, that was a bad example on my part and I apologize for it

Well, I'm just looking at all this controversy between PSO GC and PSO:BB I thought I'd put my two cents in.

First off, the main thing that PSO:BB has that wants me to get it, is Episode IV. New monsters, new areas, new storylines, and all that jazz.

However for even the public version of PSO:BB, I'd have to set pretty much everything to low-settings. And even then, I still lag like a sonuvabitch and disconnect often, due to my craptastic 56k connection.

On the other hand, PSO GC has rarely disconnected me, and the only time I've had to reset my GC, is when I had to turn it back on after a pesky FSOD. It's also where I've put in a lot more time and have made new friends.

Besides, my HL is not only for one game, but two. Can't beat that $8.95 US per month for two games.

So overall? I'm sticking with PSO GC, and probably heavily awaiting for Episode 4 for GC, and PSU.

I'm still around.

On 2005-03-12 11:36, -Nisshoku- wrote:
    and probably heavily awaiting for Episode 4 for GC
    You'll be waiting a long, long time.

Eh, I'm willing to wait.
    I'm still around.

Nisshoku, BB is actually fairly kind to dialup people. When I was back on dialup AOL, I managed to get the game (I had a friend with dialup download it and burn it onto a disk for me), install it, and then play it just fine. Sure, downloading the patches was hellish, but it played okay.

PSO was originally designed for dialup, after all.

Finally a new pso version i will be able to return playing on, fed up with jp blue burst, no engrish isnt fun,,
    Life's a bitch and so am I

On 2005-03-12 12:03, Eihwaz wrote:
    Nisshoku, BB is actually fairly kind to dialup people. When I was back on dialup AOL, I managed to get the game (I had a friend with dialup download it and burn it onto a disk for me), install it, and then play it just fine. Sure, downloading the patches was hellish, but it played okay.

PSO was originally designed for dialup, after all.
    yes it was but...
    http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp....b#requirements
    Conection: 256kbps

that may suck for people with dail-up, but come on, everyone i know that plays online game has dsl, i think the majority of online gamer have dsl and sega relized that and made it a requrement, plus come on, dsl only, way better gameplay NO LAGGGG!!!! if you don't, get it, its like $30 a month, way worth it now, and don't say you can't afford it, SAVE UP!!!!

On 2005-03-13 02:15, RomanticDeath wrote:
    that may suck for people with dail-up, but come on, everyone i know that plays online game has dsl, i think the majority of online gamer have dsl and sega relized that and made it a requrement, plus come on, dsl only, way better gameplay NO LAGGGG!!!! if you don't, get it, its like $30 a month, way worth it now, and don't say you can't afford it, SAVE UP!!!!
    To add to that, if you can afford a computer to run BB decently then I think you can afford Broadband >_>