Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

On 2005-03-31 08:20, derBauer wrote:
    The fact of the matter is that Nintendo is consitently getting their ass kicked now, and he is tying to justify it as some master plan.
    If I was going to guess what Nintendo does next, it will be massive price drops on GBASP and DS. They know PSP is already winning.
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/599/599156p1.html

On 2005-04-01 14:03, Omega_Nova wrote:
    I wasn't arguing the handheld/home aspect, but two handhelds. come on wake up and smell the coffee, if you understand anything about a market economy you'll know that people will buy one system over the the other, the other would be neglected and sony wouldn't be crushed. I myself wouldn't buy a DS and GBE simply because it would be a waste, I'd neglect one and it would collect dust in the corner, it's simply wasteful.
    DS is released quite a bit BEFORE GB:E to give people time to buy it. And what's wrong in buying cheap and reliable Nintendo hardware for superior player connectivity? People will buy them, and the proof that anyone will buy almost anything is in Sony gaming products XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-02 03:29 ]</font>

On 2005-04-01 14:03, Omega_Nova wrote:
    I wasn't arguing the handheld/home aspect, but two handhelds. come on wake up and smell the coffee, if you understand anything about a market economy you'll know that people will buy one system over the the other, the other would be neglected and sony wouldn't be crushed. I myself wouldn't buy a DS and GBE simply because it would be a waste, I'd neglect one and it would collect dust in the corner, it's simply wasteful.
    The logic that there is no possible way for two handhelds to stay on the market from the same company is just ridiculous. Obviously you don't understand a standard market economy if that's your argument. Lots of companies in lots of industries have multiple devices that all serve the same purpose and they do fine. Is Apple going to have trouble selling their iPod Shuffles when they already have standard iPods for music playing? Heck no, because they're marketing them in different ways. Nintendo certainly hasn't been having trouble selling their DS systems despite the fact that the GBA is already on the market. In fact, both have been selling quite well. Odd, isn't it? That's almost the exact situation as the hypothetical "GBE/DS" idea that you keep stating will fail... except it's doing anything but failing. It' pretty obvious the DS is not supposed to be a standard handheld. I mean, jeez, Nintendo's even releasing non-game programs for it in Japan. They fill different niches in the market.

As Digigram said, it would be silly to release a new Game Boy soon, but in a few years, it would do fine.