Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Since this is mostly item oriented, this is where it will be placed.

The point of this topic is that, not only am I bored, but it would be fun to point out things that "Should have been".

Examples:

Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen are highly overpowered. They should have had their specials deal Ice damage instead of Physical damage, due to the specials (mostly Frozen Shooter's) being as powerfull as their Heavy Attack.

Flame Garment should have had a built in Cure Feeze, and resistance to EIC, not EFR.. You know, because you're on Fire :

Maser Beam/Power Maser should have had normal Shot-type attacks, with the Gizonde attack as it's special. Why this weapon even has ATP/ATA and Percentages is beyond me. It would suck to accidentally find one with 60+ untekked percentages in 2 areas, and in Hit.

Are there any other ideas that you think would seem logical and would make other things usefull/balanced?

you mean besides... belra cannon should be a serious weapon?
    「愛と空の女王様」を言でもいい。 We are Heroes. This is what we do!

I guess, in other words, what changes would you seriously make to certain things to make the item logical and balanced. As if you were going to submit it so Sonic Team would change them in Blue Burst, or somehting.

EDIT: Added bold to avoid confusion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-04-21 15:41 ]</font>

well, it would be cool if NPCs could attack normally (combo and hit multiple enemies with multi-hit weapons). and if mags didn't start out with 5 DEF. and if there were easier ways for androids to do the telepipe trick (especially for slimes...). there's plenty of others, but I can't think of them right now.

I don't agree on the Flame Garment part D:

I mean, if you're on fire, you are immune to it, but ice is your antidote, like on classical RPGs, monsters made of fire are weak to ice.

One MAJOR thing in PSO that should be other wise are the specials.
    I mean, about 50% of the rares in this game have useless specials:

Burning series ? useless.
    Tempest series ? useless.
    Lavis series ? useless.
    Blizzard series ? not too useful.
    Soul Banish ? useless.
    Twin Blaze ? useless.
    Any tech casting weapon, anyway, most are only findable in Ult, and can only deal significat damage in Normal).
    Plantain (Huge) Fan ? useless.
    Heaven Punisher ? not worth the rarity.
    Twin Psychogun ? useless.
    Windmill ? useless.
    Prophets of Motav ? useless, come on, Lv 5 J/Z on a Force only weapon...

Now about the weapons they totally screwed:
    -Heaven Punisher, not worth the rarity.
    -Angel Harp, does not deserve its 11th star.
    -Baranz Launcher, bullets are too slow for Ultimate monsters.
    -Nug2000-Bazooka/Gi Gue Bazooka/Iron Faust/Burning Visit/Belra Cannon would have been good if they could just combo. I mean, really, they would have been just good, not better than Shots or Needles, they would have been just worth their rarity.
    -Sinow Berill's Hands #1 needs more ATA, it's an 11 stars, dammit!
    -Partisan of Lightning needs more ATP for a HU-only Double Saber, especially one of the rarest.
    -S Rank Bazooka is RA only, and sucks on RAs.
    -Maser Beam/Power Maser = duh.
    -Victor Axe should work like S Rank Axe.
    -Hildebear's Cane/Hildeblue's Cane/The Sigh of a God boost one single tech by 30% when less rare weapons boost the same tech by 40%
    -All wands and Canes that do nothing and don't boost any tech (Technical Crozier, Plantain Fan, etc.)
    -S Rank Cane/Wand/Moon, they don't boost any tech, while most of the weapons of those classes do = useless.
    -A Rod/Club/Wand that have actually good enough stats to melee. What is the use of Rods in PSO, really ? (apart from tech boosting ones). What good is it to have a good Rod animation (FOmar) and not have a single Rod that has decent melee stats ? A mere Durandal pwns 90% of the Rods.
    -Dancing Hitogata = duh, again.

Maybe more later

Guld Milla, totally.

I mean, come on, do the math.

Fill (Milla) + Soul (Guld) = ...

Gush? -_-;
    It should be unreduced Gush AND unreduced Geist! ;-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2005-04-21 16:46 ]</font>

psyco wand should use your level of foie, barta and zonde not a lvl 11 tech.

On 2005-04-21 16:57, Luis wrote:
    psyco wand should use your level of foie, barta and zonde not a lvl 11 tech.
    I agree that more powerful FO weapons should use your tech levels or maybe your tech level minus so many levels...or half your tech level...although now that I think about it this may be slightly unbalancing. Well I think Kef covered most of it. There's so many useless/underpowered weapons in this game. All I wanted for my FOmar was to melee with a frickin rod. The strongest rod I have is a Caduceus, which is the second strongest rod in the game (tied with Sorcerer's Cane). But it's WEAK for cryin out loud. So dissapointing.

I also think weapons should have my creative/useful specials. Make the specials do DAMAGE. The only good specials are like...Berkserk, Gush, Demon's...that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Well, it would be neat to think how some of you could make these worth it. Like, Kef, you listed all of that but it would have been neat to read how you would change them to be more balanced.

Tycho, same thing. Would Gush/Geist be balanced? How about using Gush if Milla is equipped, and Geist if Guld is equipped for the fusion?

I really wanted to read how people would change things, instead of just point them out as usual. XP

How about this...

S-Rank names be longer than 8 characters.

S-Rank should have a description editor.

S-Ranks should be able to have different colors
    (Yellow...come on)

S-Ranks armors/shields (Drools)

Lan play on xbox.

Offline npc hire (Diablo 2 anyone?)

BB on Gamecube (I hate server saving, no offline and no normal multiplayer)

Katana weapons being good would be nice.

Downloadable quests...

[img]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaymanFan on 2005-04-22 03:13 ]</font>