Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    PSO Assassin

I was just wondering how everybody chose the name for their PSO character. Some people might just have dreamed something up they thought sounded cool. But then again many people will probably have taken their name from a book, game or movie or even connect some kind of higher meaning with it. So, where did the inspiration for your PSO character come from?

For me, the inspiration for Neon Samurai came from the Shadowrun P&P RPG. He's a decker who appears in many of the rulebooks. Apart from that I always was a fan of japanese Middle age related fiction, Samurais and Ninjas and all that stuff. Since I play an golden Android with a Samurai helmet shaped head, it is rather fitting.

My name is German,
    Misterkl Zwo would 'VERY' roughly translate to 'Player 2'.

However, not a player like in an arcade game, but rather, a 'player' like all the US gangsta rappers say they are.

The literal translation of mistkerl would be closest to 'shit guy' in english, because players are not idolized in Germany like they are in the US! DOH

Naer is short for Naertyyl, which is a dark elf name I use in Everquest and other RPGs.

Naer is short for Naertyyl, which is a dark elf name I use in Everquest and other RPGs.

Veteran Fighter

LOL can I just call you "shit guy" then, hehe.

Ryiko sounds umm fun and playful and sorta Asian. Its a name I use for alot of my Female casters like the little one on FF9 with the bow.

I just picture a little Force jumping around saying, "Oooooh, lookie baddies!! wana bwast em pweeeze let me bwast em. *jumps up and down*

lol I think I might make a little RP post about me and beating Falz last night hehe.

My name (as I mentioned in an obscure post long ago) is based on Nei from Phantasy Star 2.
    I liked how the perfect guide described the Nei plot.
    She was a character that died in the plot battle against her "clone" Neifirst. This was truely a gutpunch to the gamers of the era that were not really used to such brutal plottwists. Back then it was all about saving the princess. The good guys always win and the bad guys always lost. It was brilliant at the time.
    Anyways I have always like the Nei character and when I heard PSO was coming out I knew I wanted to play a character like her. I also wanted to avoid being a pure copy which I would consider totally bland and unimaginative.
    So since there was a Neifirst I thought there could be a Neisecond, a Neithird...so I created Neinth as in Nei to the Nth power.

btw Neon_Sammy your char looks cool. If I could handle having no tp I would make a char that looks the role of a samari.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Neinth on 2001-03-02 15:05 ]</font>

Elric.. my character's name.. name of probably one of the coolest characters ever written.. One of the eternal heros, if you follow that myth. Wields Stormbringer, the soul stealer.. brings the end the world, from which a new world can be born.. shares the soul of Aurther and other classic hero types. It was either use that name, or Frank

PSO Assassin

This is a response to Neinth' post, as I consider Redvento's vague enough to not be a spoiler.

Aaarrgghh! Guys, please don't use this post to spoil the shit out of people! While it is very interesting to hear the reason for the names, it is completely unnecessary to give away detailed plot information that has nothing to do with the naming in these explanations. If you have to PLEASE add a spoiler warning or simply outline it.

And don't give me that "ten year old game" bullshit. Especially now that people have become fans of PS through PSO they may want to check out the older games. Not everyone has played them goddammit.

No offence to you Neinth but spoiling sucks major ass, I have had games ruined due to it, as I'm sure many others have. So, everyone, please refrain from doing so or at least add spoiler warnings.

Uh, and thanks for the compliment on the looks of my character Neinth

I was programmed according to the code of Bushido.
    Better to die with honour, than to live in shame.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: The_Neon_Samurai on 2001-03-02 15:21 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: The_Neon_Samurai on 2001-03-02 15:24 ]</font>

Thank you, Neon! I was about to say the same thing, but your speech is much better than mine was going to be. :P

I was looking forward to playing PSII and finding out what happens to this Nei character everyone's talking about... and now I already know. ><; I really, *really* wish that people wouldn't do that...

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Drake on 2001-03-02 15:42 ]</font>

Being a big fan of Shadowrun (and running it for many years) I had assumed that that's where you got your name from. Very cool.

My name 'Russian' comes from the Street Fighter character Zangief.

I was a hardcore Fighting Game player for many years. I was very competitive, then I just lost the will to compete. PSO provided me with a cooperative environment, which I prefer very much over the hostile competition.

Through my friends (and a long string of inside jokes) Zangief became known as "Big Russian", and I ended up using that name online for a long time.

I have several characters in PSO... all variations on that name... Big Russian, Lil Russian, Lady Russian, or 'The' Russian.

Russian <===== SEE?!?

"Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."