Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2005-05-03 03:06, GreyPhantasm wrote:
    Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory does EVERYTHING that is is supposed to do perfectly right, and there's no reason it SHOULDN'T be game of the year.
    To be fair, you're also strongly biased towards all things Splinter Cell.

I'd really like to get a bit of playtime with Jade Empire, as I've heard great things. Not surprised that's a contender at all.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

Seeing as i don't enjoy such games as RE4, SC:CT, and God of War, my judgement is limited to Jade Empire. And while it may not get GotY, it at least deserves RPGotY.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Frankly I cant stand all the bickering and endless nonsense of the "best" and "worst" lists. Their only function is to generate ratings for the publications that run them, and to generate endlessly anoying fanboy debates/bragging contests. And I especially hate the "best games of all time" lists, because for all of humanity to comb through all the history of video games and unanimously decide on the single truley-blessed-by-god BEST GAME EVER is such a completly idiotic idea that it makes my head want to explode!!
    They mean NOTHING, and they hold NO credit. Halo2 got best game of 2004, but how many other snide polls voted it the biggest letdown ever? Quite a few actually. Does that mean that every other game released last year was even worse than the worst game ever?! People, just stop putting your hard fought brainwaves into these stupidity pits!!

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

You can tell Ancient never won a popularity contest.

Halo 2, like KOTOR2, far surpassed its predacessor, and yet was still lacking. I don't agree with it getting GotY, but it was hands-down most anticipated.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Calm down, Ancient. It's all in good fun and based solely on opinion.

I'm pretty sure everybody already knows that.

In the best case scenario, this would be a way for people to try out games they haven't had a chance to experience just yet or we can have a fun little debate about the pros and cons between each game. More likely, we can just try to speculate as to what a bunch of publications are going to say.

Guessing games can sometimes be fun.

Yeah yeah, sorry I blew up there. I've just felt in a bit of a ranty mood today I guess...although my view was honest to how I feel. Anyway, have fun discussing this then, I'll avert my eyes and think happy thoughts...

I just want to say that you shouldn't believe any release date from EB Games, Gamestop, or any other story. They are usually misinformed and make those dates based on predictions.

Heck, want to know how uninformed they are? I read a story about a journalist who learned about the Red and Black GBA SP. He told this to someone at EB Games and the clirk told him that Nintendo would never release SPs in those colors. This happened literally days before Nintendo officially announced it.

Who would ever pick Dynasty Warriors 5? That's a pretty awful game... anywhos, RE4 is hands down the best game I've played this year. Killing Gigantes with a completely upgraded TMP is freaking awesome...

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

I haven't played many games from 2005, so I can't judge, but I think we should wait until after we've passed the halfway mark before we pass judgement.
    My sig disappeared.

I'll "add to the echo" and chalk another one up for Resident Evil 4.

It was still a bit wonky, but a great game nonetheless.