No humour this time folks. This is seriouse stuff.

Whenever me and my younger brother have an argument, he feels it's nessaceriily to attempt to beat seven bells of crap out of me.
    The thing is, despite looking a lanky skinny piece of bacon, I can handle myself pretty well. The guy is only a little shorter than me, built like a brick, yet can't fight for shit. This annoys him immensely and me even more so, having to defend myself every other day and own his ass.
    The guy hates to lose an argument, even when he's clearly in the wrong. He will never say sorry and will work himself up to such a rage that he will salivate all over the place.

Take 15 minutes prior from now for example.

The guy just over an hour ago had a full blown meal. Chicken Nuggets and Chips. (Not that it's important to know, I'm just stressing it wasn't a snack.)
    Now He waltzs down the stairs and announces to us all that he's gonna cook himself up some boiled eggs and toast. What the hell? You greedy 'barsteward'.
    We're low on funds as it is, yet you deem it neccasery to have two full blown meals an hour within one another. It's not even 5pm and I bet in another hour or so you'll make dinner. I stated this to him annoyed as I was. The guy get's all uptight and claims that he's hungry, despite clearly not being.
    I stress to him over and over again that we're low on money and can't simply afford to keep feeding ourselves on the hour, every hour.
    This annoys him immensely and he rushes at me from the kitchen and proceeds in starting to thump me whilest screaming his head off.
    I rise from my seat sheilding my self from him, pin his arms at his side, drag him back to the kitchen, force him up against the kitchen sink and start telling him to calm down and be an adult about it.
    The guy is full on red in the face and frothing at the mouth.

Just when I think he's calmed down, I losen my grip and back away.
    The guy has the cheek to start lashing out at me again!
    This time didn't go as smoothly as the last time as in my rush to grab him, he hits his head on the kitchen cabinet.
    My mum comes downstairs to ask what the hell is going on and he sees this as his oppurtunity to act as the injured party.

It doesn't work and he just gets more and more wound up. He's screaming and my own mother has to hold him back. Every time I try and be the bigger man and walk away, he's there trying to swipe and punch me. The guy just won't quit. My mum and his girlfriend are pleading with him to just calm down and stop being an ass.

All the while he's screaming at me that "I'm 21 and he's just 16." Basically saying I should apologise to him and admit I'm wrong. My argument back to him went something like this, but with more swearing and not as smoothly:

"Yes. Indeed I am 21 years old. I'm mature enough to understand that violence will get you no where and will win you no favours.
    Yes, you are indeed 16 years old, but I never once at your age felt the need to try and "tackle" someone 5 years my senior over and over again repeatedly for the sake of a petty argument. Let it be known that not once have I thumped you throughout this entire argument. Sure I've used force, but only to hold you back."

In the end my mum and his Girlfriend had to drag him into the downstairs bathroom to calm down. I haven't seen him since.

I'm sick of that Neanderthal moron taking his aggression out on me, failing to do so or not.
    I just hope one of these days I don't snap.
    But every time he gets that little futher.

Sorry I'm not my usual mocking self, but I just can't find much humour in my brother wishing to "Break my face."

Next time folks.

I know EXACTLY what you are going through. My younger brother has serious anger management issues. He has low self esteems so he makes fun of everyone in the house especially my 8 year old sister.(He is 13, I'm 16) But the thing is, whenever I get fed up and start talking about him he gets all angry and want to fight me.

Like what you said, I can easily whoop his tail but he uses weapons(shoes, knives, fire). The main thing he fights me over is *drumroll* FOOD. He'll eat a heavy meal and then 5 minutes later he'll eat another heavy meal. Hes bored so he eats.(And hes as skinny as a stick). Whenever I call him on it he gets all defensive and eventually it leads to a fight.

But you have it lucky, in my case, He'll attack me first and I'll fight him and pin him down and my mom will get all scared and call my grandmom(my grandmom has hated me ever since i was born and she loves my brother) when grandmom come over she accuses me and "I" get in trouble.

*sigh* Maybe you should get your bro and I should get my bro and we should ship both of them to some boot camp.

Both of your stories are almost identical to mine (moreso Infinity's, but still close). My little brother (13, I'm 15) makes fun of everyone also. He keeps saying how much of a loser I am for playing video games all the time, yet he just sits his ass in the computer chair and IMs his friends all day. I see no difference in those 2 things, but to him, he thinks everything he does is right, and everything anyone else does is wrong. Sure, occasionally he is right, I admit it and so will my mom or dad when it happens, but he still does that thing were he says what you said in the argument, except, in that mocking voice. Now, whenever he is wrong he will start freaking out and trying find an excuse, which leads to an argument, which leads to a fight.

Now, this has not happened in a while, because, I would always be the one who gets in trouble for trying to control him when he starts freaking out. Then as would happen the mom/dad comes in when this is happening and I get in trouble for trying to stop him.

Now, he is bigger then me, in width, not hight. But, he is mostly flab (from all that damn eating), and I have a pretty good muscle tone from hockey and weight training. So, of course, he starts a fight then I end up whooping his ass, because I can't control him. Then he does the hurt deal and that gets me in trouble.

Brothers can be realllllllly annoying, eh?

My older bro used to and still does have anger issues as well. He'll get all worked up over nothing, screaming at the newspaper when he doesn't agree with what it says, then he'll punch a hole in the wall. That's changed a little as of his military career but it still exists.

He's also the type that will allow himself to do something but hates when others do it/ do something back to him. For example, a few years ago myself, my dad, and him go to the movies. He's egging me on in the ticket line by "play boxing" and calling me a fairy. It was pissing me off but I ended up ignoring him. Then bam. He punches me hard in the arm and I turn around and slam him in the face. He looked like he was about to kill me, like "You're not supposed to hit me back!"

Ah whatever, he's my brother and I love him but he's an asshole sometimes.

My brother is the same. Or at least, annoying sometimes.

I thought about it many times, if the problem was myself. But no, he's like that to everyone. He can't admit a mistake of his own, and always has that "I know everything" attitude.

I figure it's just a phase he's going through, puberty and all. I just hope he learns to be a bit more humble.

Anyway, be a little more patient, and be aware of the fact that people can learn and change, especially young ones.

The Jerk still hasn't apologised and I doubt he ever will.

On 2005-08-20 11:43, InfinityXXX wrote:
    (my grandmom has hated me ever since i was born and she loves my brother) when grandmom come over she accuses me and "I" get in trouble.
    That reminds me exactly of my sister.
    This woman lacks complete rational thought. She can be nowhere near the argument but she'll turn up and decide who she's backing REGARDLESS of the evidence in front of her. All the while with a huge ugly smirk on her face. She likes to stir things. Even when they're out of control already.
    Then again this is coming from a woman whom despite being almost 20 yrs old, will answer/scream "Oh yeah, Whatever! Shutup! Grow up! Argh!" EVERY TIME you say something she dislikes or disagree with her. The woman has the mentality of a 5 year old on smarties.
    But then again, my sister is an entirely new rant, so I'll leave it at that. I'll make one later in the week!

On 2005-08-20 12:32, Bot-Bot wrote:
    My little brother (13, I'm 15) makes fun of everyone also. He keeps saying how much of a loser I am for playing video games all the time, yet he just sits his ass in the computer chair and IMs his friends all day. I see no difference in those 2 things, but to him, he thinks everything he does is right, and everything anyone else does is wrong.
    My brother does that all the time.
    I enjoy my computers, games and what not, yet he is borderline obsessive.
    He will gladly claim/scream at me saying I'm on the PC all the time and call me obsessive, yet whenever I put my argument back to him, he'll scream over it and not listen.

The guy thinks it's suitable to invite friends over, then ignore them, sit on the PC and put his headphones on. All the while they sit beside him, clearly bored out of their minds. The guy will also do this to his girlfriend.
    The guy also thinks it's a great idea to hop on the thing at 3am in the morning, after I get off (Thinking jesus christ is it really that late!?), just to play his stupid game. I can hear him moving around upstairs waiting for me to get off. Instead of doing the sensible thing and sleep at that ungodly hour, he will intentionally stay up that late just to go on it. Why the hell not just admit defeat, and spend all day playing it tomorow!?
    Yet he will claim when I get home from work that he should be allowed on it as he's barely touched it all day.
    Well Captain numbnuts, that would be because you were sleeping all day. I'm sorry that whilest I busted my ass at work selling Harry-friggin-Potter related memorobillia, you felt the need to spend it all in bed.
    My Heart bleeds. Here, have a tissue. Wipe those tears from your eyes. Wouldn't want you to drown in them would we?

Unlike him, the second anyone rings me or asks me if I want to meet up or go out, I'm off in a shot. In truth I'm rarely on the thing. I'm on it enough mind, but I know my limits. I bore easilly.
    The guy will miss parties or trips out just to play the same game he's been playing for the last 2 years non-stop.
    Yet he calls me OBSESSIVE over this piece of dated junk.
    Wow, that was almost an entirely new rant! Sorry if I bored you. I just enjoy whining about that sorry excuse for a man/boy.

On 2005-08-20 14:45, Even_Jin wrote:
    I figure it's just a phase he's going through, puberty and all. I just hope he learns to be a bit more humble.

Anyway, be a little more patient, and be aware of the fact that people can learn and change, especially young ones.
    God I hope so! I really bloody hope so!

On 2005-08-20 12:40, Allos wrote:
    Ah whatever, he's my brother and I love him but he's an asshole sometimes.
    Gotta admit, I agree with you entirely.
    As much as I dislike the little bar-steward at times, If anything were ever to happen to him, I'd be devestated.

Thanks for all your replies everyone.
    It's nice to know to some extent, that I'm not the only one with a wannabe WWE wrestler for a sibling.

Anyone else got any horror stories?