Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

You're right, it is just electrons in a game, but that doesn't mean that you can't have common courtesy. IF something is mentioned before you start hunting for X item, and X item is called, then let the person have it, it's not like you need it. MY brother calls all God/Units we find, and I have no problem with that, I have my slew and even if I did find a God/Power which I desprately want but will never find, it goes to him. I personally call all Vises, becuase if they have good percents, I like to use them for whatever I need them for (I got a 70% Machine tekked just in time for VH Vol opt once), if they don't...I leave it. So the person who took that item is...childish, becuase I don't think finders keepers works in anything other than games.

On 2005-09-15 16:12, Sizzors wrote:
    You're right, it is just electrons in a game....
    Untill real people jump into it, and begin comunicating and creating there own virtual identity.

Virtual is the word you used, what are virtual worlds made of?

Well its the people that make the game, like anything really, whats basketball without people? a couple of nets and a ball, add people and it can be a passionate game.

I love calling system because it really doesnt have any real flaws. The only thing that I do hate about is when people call two items. Sure, I want both Yasminkov 7000V and Zanba, but you will never see me call both items. If a Zanba drops while I called Yasminkov 7000V, then their is always next time. Sure, there is a next time if a called item is taken, but sometimes that takes the motivation to continue the hunt or even possibly making the person quit. Respect is something that should be bothered both in a video game and in real life. You wouldnt injure someone in a football game and tell that person "too bad its only a game."

forget all you sissies lil punk kids calling rares. i swear u guys are lil whining chumps. you forget some of us playing are not 12 years old.

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

Klakalou- I wouldn't put it exactly like that but that is kinda along the lines of what I'm saying. House rules (such as rare calling) are fine in locked game and amoung friends. But you can't expect everyone to follow it, and telling them that they aren't playing by said rules (or even flaming them for not) in a public game honestly makes people seem just as self important as the others that are snatching every rare they find. It like saying that the players house rule is more important then Sega's rules.

im sry for being so mean. but i hate when i hop into an open game, and someone trys to call a rare. thats just BS.

I like to let people who call a certain rare in advance have them... or if they seem like they need the item more than myself, especially if I can't use the item... I will let them have it. Because usually, you can then get their guildcard... and they seem nicer to you and probably will look out for you too when they find items you might need or want. Sort of like... a business relationship as well, it's cool. But playing with friends usually increases the calling rule a bit more. But he did seem a bit selfish about it... I would have given it up, just to satisfy the person. Kind of makes someone's day I suppose >_>

On 2005-09-16 09:21, Kamica wrote:
    I love calling system because it really doesnt have any real flaws. The only thing that I do hate about is when people call two items. Sure, I want both Yasminkov 7000V and Zanba, but you will never see me call both items. If a Zanba drops while I called Yasminkov 7000V, then their is always next time. Sure, there is a next time if a called item is taken, but sometimes that takes the motivation to continue the hunt or even possibly making the person quit. Respect is something that should be bothered both in a video game and in real life. You wouldnt injure someone in a football game and tell that person "too bad its only a game."
    If you still play anything like you did on the GC, then it wouldn't matter if you only called one item, since you would always pick everything up and it wouldn't ever been seen again after that anyway. Basically, you would take whatever you called, and everything else that wasn't called no matter what. Nobody had much of a chance of getting anything when they were playing with you, and we all faced that fact early on.

No offense though, Kamica. It was still a mighty fun ride while it lasted.