Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tekking

People say that if you have an item with percents and you get it tekked, the percent sometimes goes down. If you just get it tekked again (the "is this OK message) sometimes the percents will come back up.
    T/F?

Say you have a Cross Scar with 0/5/15/10 untekked. When you tekk it, the %'s can go down by 10% (to a minimum of -5%), and can also be increased +10%.

This particular example could be tekked down as far as 0/-5/5/0, or as high as 0/15/25/20.

Note that weapons with 0/0/0/0 untekked will have this tekked.

Edit: And yes, by repeatedly tekking, you can influence the tekking result.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-10-20 13:27 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

oh its true if the percents go down hit no leave it untekked and tekk it again they'll change

i had an untekked weapon with no percents when i tekked it, it gained percents its happened a few times

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crokar on 2005-10-20 13:28 ]</font>

GO TO HELL C:

On 2005-10-20 13:27, Crokar wrote:
    i had an untekked weapon with no percents when i tekked it, it gained percents its happened a few times
    A weapon must have at least 5% in an area when found and untekked in order to tekk it up or down 10%, you can't get 10% from 0%(or -10%). You could possibly try and tekk it, check and see that it has 0% in all areas(But started with say, 10% in dark, in which case it could go ot 20% in dark), then tekk it again and get 10% in dark and think you tekked it up from 0%, but you didn't.

maybe but whatever its not really important

The moral of the story? If there's any chance at all you're going to want something after it's tekked, then check its statistics before you tekk it.

(Corollary to said moral: I really wish I'd known about that back in my Dreamcast-playing days when percents were at the heart of everything.)

On 2005-10-20 16:38, DezoPenguin wrote:
    The moral of the story? If there's any chance at all you're going to want something after it's tekked, then check its statistics before you tekk it.

(Corollary to said moral: I really wish I'd known about that back in my Dreamcast-playing days when percents were at the heart of everything.)
    Lol, me too. But yeah, that is a very important fact. I always abide by that.

Forever Confined to the FKL????

Yeah so the tekkers can tekk:
    +10% to all areas that already have %'s in them
    +5% to all areas that already have %'s in them
    +0% all areas stay the same
    -5% to all areas that already have %'s in them
    -10% to all areas that already have %'s in them

That means any item with a -10, -5, 5, or 10 % was tekked improperly. Something with 0 may have just started that way.

You can also tekk the specials on ????Weapon's. The up and downs on them is unrelated to the %'s though (making tekking something to the highest special and +10% very annyoing).

If you have something with 5% hit or 10% hit and you tekk it down to 0%, there will still be that percent area there when you look at the stats... just sitting there at 0... mocking you for tekking it wrong... (I tested that on a regular weapon)

In DC, you can buy items from the shop with %'s that go low into the negatives (like -30 or 40 % even). In all other PSO's, the weapon shop doesn't negative % weapons.

On a final note: some of the tekkers look like Osama bin Laden

Note that the grind value on ???weapons can also fluctuate up to +/-2 (can go from 0 to +2, 0 to +1, etc.

Slayer of Ugly Things

simple answer. Always, Always, Always check percents BEFORE you tekk an item, unless you plan on selling it. then, don't worry 'bout it.