Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MMmmm... Tarot Soda labels from Church?
    Very nice neutral colors, and it's kinda cool.
    I'm not sure what I can really say about it, but it's done nicely, and I like it.

On 2005-10-27 13:45, astuarlen wrote:
    Nice stuff, Ancient! As a huge fan of all things Mucha and Art Nouveau--I have several such posters on my wall--I naturally love your concept. Great lines and attention to detail! I'd say you've got the look down pretty well, though there are a few areas where some further work could push this baby to the moon. [/strongbad]
    The figures, in my opinion, could use some punch; they're very pale, so much so that they read almost as white cutouts, whereas we want them to be the center of attention. Right now the blue background--which, let's face it, is gorgeous but ultimately contentless--is drawing all our interest, because it is so bold. I'd like to see those figures livened up with some rich color, because they're feeling very washed-out and nondescript.
    I'm actually not a huge fan of the composition, but I wouldn't necessarily want it reworked completely. I think a bit more ornamentation in the background, especially the center, would be helpful in adding some interest to this area. Perhaps some sort of medallion or floral motif could work, as I've noticed these on a lot of Mucha's pieces. I feel this would be truer to the character of his work and would lend a sense of completion to your picture.
    Anyway, those are just my thoughts. This is already a lovely lovely piece, and I'm thrilled to see such a cool juxtaposition of Art Nouveau and more contemporary elements.
    Cheers!

Thanks for the critique. What you said is actually pretty much the response I got in class today. The peice is good, but Mucha is just so very much to live up too. Actually I might be reworking it again eventually as a porfolio piece. I appreciate everyone honesty