Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Does Dancin' Mario count?
    I got Mario Mix and a pad for Xmas...and have been stepping around on the crackly surface. I am now curious about other dancing things such as this DDR topic.
    Does anyone have Dancin' Mario? How does it compare? Are there online versions where you can dance with others or something? Since this is a 'conquest' post to keep with the topic I uh, outdanced waluigi a couple times. (argh unspectacular) but curious.

Ahh, DDR. I was finally starting to get back into it after a three-year-long hiatus, but now I've moved and the closest machine is 60 miles away. :-/

I'd gotten really bad, though. So bad that I'd come full circle on my passing expectations.

See, way back in 2001 when I played DDR the first time, which was also the first time I'd seen a machine, though I'd heard of it, the first song I saw anyone play was Silent Hill SSR(3rd Korean2 machine). I thought at the time that I'd never, ever be able to pass anything like that. Then after I played a while I got to the point where Silent Hill Heavy was my 'can't NOT pass it' Heavy song. And now I can't pass it anymore. Working in a call centre made me gain about 60lbs and ruined my health. >_>;;; Couldn't eat ANY proper meals or get any exercise as I was working full time and going to school full-time as well. Killed me. >_>;

The height of my DDR glory was passing I Feel... on Heavy with a D. XP My one and only cata. (And amusingly the song people tell me they can't pass because it's too hard because none of the steps make sense. Sure they do. Damn near every step is in time with SOMETHING in the song. It's not always the same part of the music, though, and that's what throws people. XP)

I never got into home DDR at all. Home pads just do not fucking cut it. You get as much satisfaction out of putting DWI on autoplay and mocking the steps on the floor. Same exact 'pad feel' except it doesn't slip under you: A non-existant one. I'm sorry, DDR that's not on a machine just isn't DDR. You can make something of an argument, I suppose, for the fancy metal pads some people have come up with, but even then it isn't the same experience. It's just not DDR without the coinline and the wannabes and the guys who blow you away and give you something to strive for and the flashing lights and practicing on the floor while waiting and the other games and the annoying kids on the pad while you're playing doubles(Good LUCK with a good home game of double) and playing Luv To Me AMD mix on Heavy Little and running around the arcade during the break... 'Twas best in Memphis at the Memphis Galleria, where there was a carousel just outside the arcade. When the machine was by the door you would do it and try to make it around. <3 The useless fan and drinking in the arcade and getting away with it and the bar-raping n00bs and the staring passerby and the heat and noise and the smell of sweaty otaku and playing Dam Dariram with your back turned to the machine for the thousandth time. *nostalgic sigh*

Fuck, I miss DDR.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

On 2006-01-01 23:32, AzureBlaze wrote:
    Does Dancin' Mario count?
    I got Mario Mix and a pad for Xmas...and have been stepping around on the crackly surface. I am now curious about other dancing things such as this DDR topic.
    Does anyone have Dancin' Mario? How does it compare? Are there online versions where you can dance with others or something? Since this is a 'conquest' post to keep with the topic I uh, outdanced waluigi a couple times. (argh unspectacular) but curious.
    I sold DDR Mario Mix on eBay for $150 bucks. Does that count?

Well, DDR Mario Mix is like other versions of DDR, except that it is obviously geared towards Mario. It is also easier then other versions of DDR... but then again, certain releases and mixes of DDR are harder and easier then others.

For the online play, all of the X-Box versions of DDR offer online play (Ultramix 1-3), as well as downloadable song packs.

Oh, I also got my first B on Standard mode... Shiny Disco Balls!

EDIT: Ian, if you save enough money you could get an ultra-expensive metal dance pads... or the $80 Red Octane pad isn't that bad, either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2006-01-03 23:37 ]</font>

Ha, seeing a DDR a topic I decided to pull the pads out and take em for a spin:

Boom Boom Dollar (Heavy Double) B
    Butterfly (Heavy Double) A
    Twilight Zone (Heavy Double) C, er at the end when its two 16ths on the same arrow I can't do that..
    So Deep (Heavy Single) A

Then I died due to my incredibly bad shape..
    I used to be a DDR Maniac , well I still am I guess

On 2006-01-04 13:51, Green_Archer3 wrote:
    Ha, seeing a DDR a topic I decided to pull the pads out and take em for a spin:

Boom Boom Dollar (Heavy Double) B
    Butterfly (Heavy Double) A
    Twilight Zone (Heavy Double) C, er at the end when its two 16ths on the same arrow I can't do that..
    So Deep (Heavy Single) A

*worships*

we are not worthy!

I've had DDRMax for a while, got into middle-upper Light difficulty (most 4s A'd, some easier 5s have a decent rank).

I got DDRExtreme 2 for Christmas and just opened it yesterday. I've done the first 2 branches of DMM (up and right), and have had no problem passing them except for the one B (right) mission near the top that has the arrows falling and you can only miss 4 arrows. I haven't passed that one yet, but only tried it twice.

I should try and make a video soon. Maybe right now. I dunno. I have homework. :|

My glory has having AA'd everything but the MAXes (including PSM and PSMO) on Heavy singles.

Doubles I am getting better at now that I have 2 cobalt fluxes, but I hate the step that force you to jump from one side to another while doing 1/8th notes.

I got my first B on a Heavy song today... actually, I passed two Heavy songs but I forgot the other one. I had a 1.5x modifier on at the time, but I might be able to pull it off on regular (let me try later).

So, Shiny Disco Balls. I heart that song because it is catchy, and not too slow and not too fast.

SHINY DISCO BALLS, anwserman's score:
    Light: B
    Standard: B
    Heavy: B

What is wrong with this picture?
    Also, I bought DDR Ultramix 3 today, and I don't like it nearly as much as the original Ultramix. The arrows are too small, the interface is too cluttered, and it just feels ackward.

I started playing in 10th grade, played for roughly a year, then continued playing in spurts until now. I'm now a sophomore in college, and I'm pretty decent. I can B Max300 on Heavy, but fail at all of the other Max songs I've tried. It's been about 2 years since I've played on a metal pad and I'm curious to see how well I can still play. I played just before Christmas break started on a foam pad and was able to A all of the 9 foot songs on Max2. I play stepmania via my fingers and my keyboard to keep up my arrow comprehension and also induce severe headaches from all the flashiness and scrolling arrows. My parents also laugh at me for listening to horrible JPop, as I'm into the Hardcore/Deathmetal/Indie scene of music pretty hard.

Just for the record, it's also been about 4 years since I've posted here. I was a pretty frequent poster for DC's run of PSO. Having quit WoW a bit ago, I'm gonna start up BlueBurst until PSU comes around so I can start dropping my GPA because my priorities suck.

On 2006-01-07 01:30, StormShadow11 wrote:

Just for the record, it's also been about 4 years since I've posted here. I was a pretty frequent poster for DC's run of PSO. Having quit WoW a bit ago, I'm gonna start up BlueBurst until PSU comes around so I can start dropping my GPA because my priorities suck.

I never left.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.