Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deadside^ View Post
    Thanks for replys, much appreciated.

I just plugged my Xbox 360 controller into PC, do I need software?
    If it's a wireless one, you need the receiver. (The plug & charge? kit doesn't make your controller a wired.) If it's the wired one, it should find the drivers for you automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    If it's a wireless one, you need the receiver. (The plug & charge? kit doesn't make your controller a wired.) If it's the wired one, it should find the drivers for you automatically.
    Ahh i thought plug and charge would, doh, thanks for the info!

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

Let us know how you get on!
    Click On Banner

nobody uses ps3 controllers? all you microsoft console fanboys. /never bought anything xbox related, is glad. long live japanese consoles. edit: i use a ps3 controller.
    Last edited by velociti; Jul 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM.

I use a standard PS3 Dual Shock 3 controller. In addition to all of the normal controls, I configured my controller to have the following extra buttons:

- all 10 hotkeys
    - all 6 instant weapon change shortcut keys
    - 2 map buttons (one to toggle how the minimap is displayed; the other to toggle the large map)
    - target change
    Quit PSO2

Woah Inazuma, how do you have that many mapped on it? Could you enlighten me on how I can make my weapon switch instantly with 1 button click? I would love to know how! I'm guessing you use DS3 motioninjoy tool? So you use the "xbox 360 controller emulator"?

Quote Originally Posted by velociti View Post
    Woah Inazuma, how do you have that many mapped on it? Could you enlighten me on how I can make my weapon switch instantly with 1 button click? I would love to know how! I'm guessing you use DS3 motioninjoy tool? So you use the "xbox 360 controller emulator"?
    I use motioninjoy but I don't use the xbox 360 emulator.

From PSO2 itself, I set up the 2 analog sticks. The rest of the gamepad controls are blank, except for some regarding accept/cancel, menus, etc. I used joytokey to map keyboard keys to my controller.

The reason I can fit over 40 total buttons on my controller is because my L1 and R1 buttons work as toggles. You know how you can hold a button down to get another set of 2 attacks to use with your weapon? I basically just expanded on that toggle button to add more than 2 new buttons. And since I can use all 10 hotkeys directly from the controller, there is no need for the "use hotkey item" button, so I used that button for the second toggle. (^_^)

It actually took me 6 hours to configure my controls like this. It's rather complicated but now that everything is set up good, I can do anything instantly from the controller.

My controls:

The hotkeys:
    Hotkey 1 = L1 + R1 (pressing both of my toggle buttons will activate it)
    Hotkey 2 = L1 + R2
    Hotkey 3 = L1 + Start
    Hotkey 4 = L1 + Square
    Hotkey 5 = L1 + Triangle
    Hotkey 6 = L1 + Circle
    Hotkey 7 = R1 + Circle
    Hotkey 8 = R1 + R3
    Hotkey 9 = Select
    Hotkey 10 = Start

Weapon swap keys:
    Weapon 1 = R1 + dpad up
    Weapon 2 = R1 + dpad right
    Weapon 3 = R1 + dpad down
    Weapon 4 = R1 + dpad left
    Weapon 5 = L1 + dpad left
    Weapon 6 = L1 + dpad right

Misc:
    Minimap toggle = L3
    Large map toggle = R1 + L3
    Change target = Home

By the way, in order to make my dpad work for moving around both menus and hotkey bars, I had to map the arrow keys (for menus) and also letter keys (for hotkey bars). So for example, pressing left on the dpad (without any toggles) will do left + G.

Oh, if you are wondering where my menu buttons are (since Select and Start are hotkeys):
    Menu = L1 + dpad up
    Quick menu = L1 + dpad down

Menus aren't as important as hotkeys, so having them on the dpad works fine.
    Last edited by Inazuma; Aug 16, 2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Quit PSO2

Cool thanks, I'm going to spend some time reading and implementing what you have said, thanks!
    I'm still confused how you can switch weapons with 1 button. I have to open the weapon pallette, then scroll up or down and select the weapon. How did you get to switch weapons with 1 button?

edit: okay so I set up the controller and game with motionjoy configured as "ps3 controller" thanks! now - the only thing that persists me is how to switch weapons with 1 button (I'm going to map them w/ D-pad) any ideas?
    Last edited by velociti; Jul 25, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by velociti View Post
    okay so I set up the controller and game with motionjoy configured as "ps3 controller" thanks! now - the only thing that persists me is how to switch weapons with 1 button (I'm going to map them w/ D-pad) any ideas?
    The default keys for weapon shortcuts are numpad 1~6. Map those keys to your controller however you like. I use joytokey, but could you use any keyboard mapping program, such as xpadder.

To set up toggle keys in joytokey, you first need to add additional joysticks, one for each toggle key (I have 3 joysticks on mine since I use 2 toggle keys). You can add more joysticks from one of the options somewhere. I'm away from my PC and can't check right now.

Open your controller settings in Windows control panel, and check what number each button is. Let's say your toggle button is button 5. From joystick 1 in joytokey, find button 5 and then set it to switch to joystick 2. Next, go into the settings for joystick 2, find the button for up on the dpad, and set that to numpad key 1. If some buttons/axis don't show up on the list, you can show them by turning on the option to do so, inside of joytokey.

With that properly configured, you can hold down your toggle key, press up on the dpad and it will instantly switch to your weapon in slot 1.

Hopefully that made sense. Good luck.
    Quit PSO2