Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Favorite:
    >Dashing (technically it was on PSP2i 1st i think)
    >Jumping
    >No more missing
    >Can transfer items from your inventory to your storage
    >Can set multiple PAs on a weapon
    >Photon Chair jumping
    >Armor grinding (I think is new)
    >Weapons don't break on a failed grind like in PSU (0/10 -> 1/10 -> 2/10 -> 0/9 -> 1/9)
    >Ability to double jump as a Gunner using TMG's PA Aerial Shooting

Dislikes:
    >T.A.C.O.s being the only way to make meseta for non-premium users
    >Horrendous RNG weapon drop rates for 10* weapons and sometimes some specific armor

Annnnnnnnnd that's it, all the other negatives that are i have with the game are not really NEW game mechanics so they don't count...

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

United Arks Defender NintenJon25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    So you'd rather have maps be like PSO quests? Where it's the same enemy layouts and the same map all the time?

Or like PSO non-quest levels, where it's randomized among a set few maps, but the enemy layout's the same every time?

I'm biased, because I like the stuff like the random boss spawns, but I'm trying to figure out what your ideal better option would be.
    I like PSO2's maps better too. It's more sporadic and it's always different.

Not to forget to mention, those random boss spawns always have me crapping my pants! XD

My FIRST free-run of Forest on Normal had Cartogot (is that it's name? Idk, it's the giant mecha boss is all I know XD). Fighting him was annoying as hell because of how fast he moves. :/

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'd prefer it if it meant more complex designs and larger maps.

But if it's just the same stuff we have now in the same scales, like say the beach EQ, then god no.
    Definitely agree with the larger maps and more complex designs. More interesting puzzles too would be much appreciated.

It's weird, though. I was quick to get bored with PSZ's map-generation system, even though it is very similar to PSO2's design.

PSO2 never gets boring when it comes to its overall map layout. The environments are absolutely breathtaking and really come to life with the game's art style. I would enjoy seeing more character interaction with the environments if nothing else. It seems to work in PSO2's favor a LOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    I'm surprised jumping is getting this much hate. Personally, I love it. As for my most favorite mechanic tweak, there's a whole bunch of things that appear on the list. Really, PSO2 is improved in a whole bunch of ways over its predecessors, even if it suffers from some flaws. However, there's one thing that sticks out at the top of the list with absolutely zero competition in my eyes.

NO MORE MISSING. Not getting fucked over by the RNG which decided a crucial part of your combo should fail, allowing the enemy to gangbang you has enhanced my enjoyment of the series tenfold. If I had to go back and play Blue Burst, I don't know how long I'd last into Ultimate while trying to get my ATA to a respectable level.

As for my least favorite, I'd say charging techniques. In of itself, it's not that bad, but the way it's done leaves barely a sliver of niche applications for uncharged techs.
    I never understood the concept of 'Hit' and 'Miss' back in the old PSO days.

The enemy is right-the-*#$% in front of you as you swing your blade...how the hell do you miss that? XD

I'm glad it's now based on how good you are at aiming.

Also, I just used the Ranger class for the first time today, and I gotta say hitting those weakspots is so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_84 View Post
    That would be awesome, but...Sega.

The "level will be a random collection of different spawns" thing it's currently at now is better IMO than something like the old-school PSO map setup.

Also, I really don't get the hate on jumping. Compare it to something like GW2, where the jumping mechanics are both a thousand times worse and required for certain content.

Is it just a melee thing with flyers that go out of your range? That's not jumping's fault, that's Sega not doing a proper height limit on the things.

And this. A thousand times this:

It's cost us a lot of Fomar jokes, but in the end, it's a perfectly acceptable tradeoff.
    Yeah, I'm glad we're not seeing a return of the old PSO-level designs.

Phantasy Star, from the very beginnings, was always about those surprise encounters you'd make on your adventures, which Phantasy Star Online 2 perfectly embodies. Compared to previous online installments, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosel View Post
    Anyway, it's just meaningless to talk about. PSO2 is what it is, lol.
    Yup!

Yes! This is a big one. Removing missing was a great thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    Favorite:
    >Dashing (technically it was on PSP2i 1st i think)
    >Jumping
    >No more missing
    >Can transfer items from your inventory to your storage
    >Can set multiple PAs on a weapon
    >Photon Chair jumping
    >Armor grinding (I think is new)
    >Weapons don't break on a failed grind like in PSU (0/10 -> 1/10 -> 2/10 -> 0/9 -> 1/9)
    >Ability to double jump as a Gunner using TMG's PA Aerial Shooting

Dislikes:
    >T.A.C.O.s being the only way to make meseta for non-premium users
    >Horrendous RNG weapon drop rates for 10* weapons and sometimes some specific armor

Annnnnnnnnd that's it, all the other negatives that are i have with the game are not really NEW game mechanics so they don't count...
    Nice list!
    Phantasy Star Online 2 --- Player ID: NintenJon25
    Odin (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by NintenJon25 View Post
    My FIRST free-run of Forest on Normal had Cartogot (is that it's name? Idk, it's the giant mecha boss is all I know XD). Fighting him was annoying as hell because of how fast he moves. :/
    Cougar NX is the only mech boss that can appear in any map and judging by your description of him being annoying fast, I think it's Cougar NX.

Kartogot is a darker monster that's slow and shoots lazers.

-back to the topic or current discussion-

Generally I like the maps, but I just hate it when there are ridiculously small/large maps in the most unwanted time.
    Edit: Outside of the special features/designs in Ruins, Sanctum, City, and Beach, there is nothing else I like about the maps.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Aug 9, 2013 at 01:51 AM.

I'm going to guess NintenJon is really new to the game because that's the impression everyone gets until they realize it literally almost never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Cougar NX is the only mech boss that can appear in any map and judging by your description of him being annoying fast, I think it's Cougar NX.

Kartogot is a darker monster that's slow and shoots lazers.

-back to the topic or current discussion-

Generally I like the maps, but I just hate it when there are ridiculously small/large maps in the most unwanted time.
    Edit: Outside of the special features/designs in Ruins, Sanctum, City, and Beach, there is nothing else I like about the maps.
    THERE WE GO! It is Cougar NX, I'll edit it now. XD

Kartogot was the Darker creature with the laser beam, right? Nvm, I just read the rest of your post...and I just feel like leaving this here, anyways. :P
    Odin (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I'm going to guess NintenJon is really new to the game because that's the impression everyone gets until they realize it literally almost never changes.
    To be honest, I do notice the sameness of the 'rooms' in the maps (they're more like Zones in PSZ than rooms now), than anything else.

Though, I am still new to PSO2, as you said. I haven't tried out later maps, yet.

However, from past experience of most other Phantasy Star games, I do have to say that PSO2 has the most diversity by map size and random occurrences now.
    Odin (Hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I was like that for 3 months. Now I'm just doing things that are fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    so i'm a troll because my opinion differs from yours? pso-w logic in action
    It's not a matter of opinion, jumping is objectively a good thing.

only on pso-w in opinion-based threads would people call you a troll and try to shove bullshit like "it's objectively a good thing" into your face
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Sabarta takes too long because it's fucking atrocious, put that charge time on grants with identical DPS, meaning more damage for a single casting, and you'll be on to something that's just fine. The only thing in question is what should be done about PP recovered while casting - a simple penalty to recharge rate while casting would leave it at where it is now.

And this is being said by someone who spent quite a while playing with a pure light spec. It would, of course, be a change that would be applied to other techs as well.

But this would just be a change in the initial casting. Not much else would change, forces would still be faceroll AOE kings, etc.
    I say let PP be spent after the tech goes off, not while charging so as to not waste PP and improve charge movement speed, even if it needs a stupid 30 second active with a 60 second cooldown that can only be up about half the time or so, so max would be 1.5x or even double non-combat running speed and get rid of combat speed entirely for all classes, it hamstrings the player too much sometimes.