Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

I think its a common belief that everything bad or casual oriented about f2p games is because they're f2p, even if the content has nothing to do with the cash shop.

That or Alisha has no idea how C-mode works.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I think its a common belief that everything bad or casual oriented about f2p games is because they're f2p, even if the content has nothing to do with the cash shop.
    That's such an awful mentality, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That's such an awful mentality, honestly.
    I agree. I was just clarifying why Alisha might say that.

I think it's mostly the later though, since your class doesn't matter in challenge quests anyway.

i was referring to the grind part of it. f2p games need to keep you playing in the hopes you will buy cash items. b2p and p2p games much less so they just need to invigorate your interest when they release new stuff.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I don't particularly care if challenge mode isn't horribly difficult.

Being forced to try out different weapon types and adapt to whatever items/PAs the RNG decides to throw at you seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    i was referring to the grind part of it. f2p games need to keep you playing in the hopes you will buy cash items. b2p and p2p games much less so they just need to invigorate your interest when they release new stuff.
    I'm gonna be honest here. That has nothing to do with being F2P, and everything to do with underhanded business tactics. I could make the same argument about P2P games trying to force you to play longer so you spend more on subscriptions. I've met people who's only reason for not quitting WoW was "Well I already payed this much, too late to stop now."
    There are definitely better ways (for the consumer at least) for F2P and P2P to be managed than is standard.

If anything F2P games have the advantage of not FORCING you to pay at a consistent rate, making them more accessible for people who don't really want to pay for a whole month and only play for a week. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them making money via micro transactions. It only becomes a problem when they have to trick, strong arm, or frustrate you into paying instead of providing services and toys that make you go "You know what? I want that, I think it would be cool/fun/convenient to have".

So yes, things could be better, but it has nothing directly to do with being F2P or not.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I was kinda hoping that as an addon, we'd be able to set techs to any weapon for the challenger class. It'd be kinda cool, even if the weapons don't give you any bonuses.

Honestly, SEGA seems so terrible at game design that I doubt PSO2 would be any better if it wasn't f2p.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Challenge mode, eh? This was the most fun part of PSP2, and I honestly think equipment has killed the fun of this game. Maybe this mode will finally be the fun content I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Honestly, SEGA seems so terrible at game design that I doubt PSO2 would be any better if it wasn't f2p.
    well infinity was great but yeah that was designed by alfa system as was PS zero. wouldnt be surprised if nova is good as well.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none