Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

everyone comin in this thread bein like

Spoiler!
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Listen, Natsu. I'mma be straight with you here, because I don't think you've the intelligence enough to comprehend this on your own: SEGA hasn't banned me, or anyone else I know that buys AC. They've allowed us a presence on this server, and so far we've been allowed to stay.

Now, why do you think that's the case?

Part of it lies in the fact that we're considerate people. We're not going to do stereotypically stupid stuff like most Westerners do. We're not making outrageous demands, and hacking servers/causing chaos when we don't get our way or feel like we aren't being listened to.

We don't impose ourselves on the Japanese, harassing them to the point that they feel uncomfortable on their own game. We don't do shit like "Ooooh, u so kawaii baby, cum sux mah d1k babeh" or something like that (gross example, but I figured it was the best way to get across how scummy some people can be over here in the West).

And for damn certain, we play the game fair, with everyone else, at least saying "thank you" or "good work"; or in the case where we don't have anything NICE to say, we DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

tl;dr SEGA still lets those of us who remain here play because we're respectful, kind and considerate. We don't take their leniency for granted, but we're thankful for it all the same.

Oh, and FYI: Majority Westerners are rude and disgusting. Not saying all of them are, but a good chunk are known to be.
    I think my post was misunderstood. I was directing it at the guy who said he does not want to play PSO2 JP becuase its Japanese. Your right in that SEGA is giving those who play JP a courtesy becuase they are not causing issues and not being the typical westerner "Spoon-feed me plox". My posts point out that we can be removed at any time if SEGA feels those westerners it ignores are causing issues (like it did before when it put the IP block even though there is easy ways around that; they did it to protect their servers from the "evils" that are the west (Besides the person that DDoS'ed them is scum anyway for doing that in the first place...). Your comment at the end about Westerners being disgusting... Yeah but there are pockets of that everywhere... The West is just more pronounced with it becuase our schools do not teach people how to be civil and moral anymore (Hell a lot of the west confuses morality with religion)... I have actually considered moving out of the United States; my family in their typical American ignorance are like "No, US is best".
    ~ RisaXSeph
    Persephone - Bu/Hu - ID: Atsumari - Ship 2
    "A name is only as important as the person it describes... so when someone asks for your name you know your important." - Hoshi Ki-Kari; Kiru-Acu: Blissful Shadows

I use to be an internet OG like you; now I just try really really hard.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post
    Even after a couple days of playing, I still get a feeling that turns me off from PSO2. It is mainly because of the untranslated stuff. It is also because this isn't a localized server made for me. Possibly knowing that I will instantly join a NA/EU server (if it is released) probably makes me feel like this isn't my permanent home. It could also be because I will always hate Sega because I was without Phantasy Star for 5 years.

But all the important stuff is translated. Setting up is easier than it looks. Signing up on their website is the hardest part (and Chrome translated everything for me). Invest $10 per month (kind of like the old PSU subscription) and you get most of the features back. If this was a couple years ago...it would be a different story. But this is highly playable for an English speaker right now.

The JP servers don't let people get rich by selling costumes with real cash either. If that type of BS ever came to a future NA/EU server, I'd be pissed off and probably wouldn't play.
    I guess that's where we're different. I rather have content, I rather be up to date, I rather not have things cut out, I rather not have certain things missing and promised to come out later then reskinned as horrible recolours.
    I didn't have the problem during PSO because a lot of the content that was downloadable you could've used on the non-JPN versions so I didn't get to miss too much.

When it came to PSU though was when I've had it. I was on PSU 1st on PS2 and PC, stopped when I was a bit aggravated with the content around MAG and then went to the 360 version. By that time the PS2 and PC version was long dead and even then the 360 one which had Japanese players even on it was way behind and a lot of content missing and never ever came.
    A lot of not just the "westerners" but Japanese 360 players were pissed at this. There is no way at all in my mind that if they released a NA/EU version that I would not go to it and play it just for that.

Restarting isn't really one of the factors (but I also don't want to start completely from scratch either), but the main game and what will be missing is.
    5 years? That's due to your factor still once again. While I was on and off PSO2 since 2012 (just got back around the end of summer of 2014 after being gone almost 2 years) I've been playing PSP2 and PSP2i. Yes the online was cut off in both the Japanese version of PSP2 and PSP2i because of PSO2, but PSP2 for NA/EU was still up (is it still up? I haven't been back on that game for like 7 months) so I'm not sure what was stopping you.
    That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Listen, Natsu. I'mma be straight with you here, because I don't think you've the intelligence enough to comprehend this on your own: SEGA hasn't banned me, or anyone else I know that buys AC. They've allowed us a presence on this server, and so far we've been allowed to stay.

Now, why do you think that's the case?

Part of it lies in the fact that we're considerate people. We're not going to do stereotypically stupid stuff like most Westerners do. We're not making outrageous demands, and hacking servers/causing chaos when we don't get our way or feel like we aren't being listened to.

We don't impose ourselves on the Japanese, harassing them to the point that they feel uncomfortable on their own game. We don't do shit like "Ooooh, u so kawaii baby, cum sux mah d1k babeh" or something like that (gross example, but I figured it was the best way to get across how scummy some people can be over here in the West).

And for damn certain, we play the game fair, with everyone else, at least saying "thank you" or "good work"; or in the case where we don't have anything NICE to say, we DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!

tl;dr SEGA still lets those of us who remain here play because we're respectful, kind and considerate. We don't take their leniency for granted, but we're thankful for it all the same.

Oh, and FYI: Majority Westerners are rude and disgusting. Not saying all of them are, but a good chunk are known to be.
    Could not have said it better.
    No one could have said it better. Close topic. Nothing else to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by natsu-yuki View Post
    - SNIP - .
    If you're talking about what happened after the DDOS, that was not an IP Block. The post-DDOS blackout was the result of poor routing practice on behalf of Yahoo.jp that left the address range that the PSO2 servers were contained in isolated from most of the world.

We were not intentionally banned from the game by SEGA, and SEGA probably had nothing to do with that blackout at all. Granted, SEGA had no obligation to help us get back on (and they didn't; we may not be banned but we sure as hell are third class citizens), but eventually Yahoo.jp fixed the problem and everything was as normal.

More then likely SEGA went to Yahoo.jp, said "We need DDOS protection please", then Yahoo.jp took over and did what they did to cause the whole problem in the first place. (I'm not going to go into the overtly technical details.)

DDOS blackout aside, we've been here for three years, and SEGA hasn't blocked or banned the entire foreign community yet. Three years is a pretty damn long period of time, and I'm pretty sure if SEGA was so concerned about the 'evils' of the west, they would have dropped the hammer as far back as PSU (which also had no region lock.). And speaking of region locks, if they really wanted to get rid of us, why didn't they just block us when they blocked China?

As long as the foreign community continues to give SEGA no real reason to force an IP/account ban, SEGA will probably continue letting us stay as they always have. We pad the player count, use the servers during low population periods, and give them money. At the worst, we're an inconvenience, and literally anybody, native or foreign, can be an inconvenience.

Aside from all that, Renvalt said the rest.

Dunno what people are arguing about now, but I agree with what Renvalt said.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

lol at SEA players and retards wanting a US version

Ah, shame it's region locked again, i was hoping to get my 2 dyslexic friends to get into PSO2. they just won't give JP version a try+^_^+

Why did they region lock it again? Did they give any reason?

My guess is, it wasn't meant to be unlocked in the first place.

They might had some issues with their servers, and temporary removed the region lock to fix it. Never jump to conclusion too fast with Asiasoft / Playpark, they tend to do weird things like that.

Falling like a black star…

Hey so I finally downloaded this game hearing about the SEA situation, so I want to know if I decide to go on a JP server do I have to uninstall the game and do it the other way now?