A fan of too many things SurrealBrain's Avatar

I have a few contenders.

Super Mario World
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
    Chrono Trigger
    EarthBound.

They do an amazing job at what they do.

I've always been a huge MegaMan fan and especially enjoyed the Battle Network series with the 3rd game being my favorite.

Diddy's Kong Quest is definitely my favorite SNES game of all time and Mystical Ninja my favorite N64 game.

Gotta mention Tales of Vesperia, Ookami, Project Zero/Fatal Frame 3, as well.

I also really love the Ace Attorney and Zero Escape series, Silent Hill and almost everything done by Nintendo.
    "Yo Kid! 'Sup? Whazzat? You want summa DIS whiskey?
    You just outta da crib, kid! Go suck Yo momma's milk!"

He who refers to himself as "I Am". I_Am's Avatar

World of Referencecraft and the Warriors series, as well as Pokemon.
    Shinji Sakuraba:
    FOnewm
    Newman Wartecher
    Newman [?]

As my name might suggest, Zone of the Enders is definitely one of my favourites but not my outright favourite (Neith was a boss enemy from the first game).

That probably goes to Front Mission 3. For anyone who hasn't heard of it, FM3 was a turn-based mecha strategy RPG produced by Squaresoft around the same time as FF7/FF8. It featured a dividing storyline that was entirely different based on certain decisions, grid-based combat with a very heavy emphasis on strategy (the nearest current game I can draw similarities to is XCOM Enemy Unknown). Brilliant game with a very deep story that for me totally outshone any of the Final Fantasy games, despite me liking those too.

It's one of the first times I came across that was packed full of little easter eggs/hints that you'd likely never notice on a first playthrough. I still play through it regularly to this day, which is more than I can say about many PS3/X360 games I own.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Okami (Playstation)
    Viewtiful Joe (Playstation 2)
    Star Ocean 2 (PSP: remake)
    Dothack//games (Playstation 2)
    Dragon Warrior 1,2 and 3. (Gameboy Color: Remake)
    Tales of Phantasia (Gameboy Advance: Remake)
    Kirby dream Land 1 and 2 (Gameboy)
    Wario Land (Gameboy)
    Super Mario and the six golden Coins (Gameboy)
    Last edited by Noblewine; Nov 24, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Oh Nazara....I posted this in the wrong thread.

Koudelka - A game that I feel very much deserves a remake. I loved it to death, but trying to play it now results in an instant loss of patience when it comes to the battle speed/system. Koudelka herself, is a great character.

Parasite Eve - Another game that should be remade...And not with the gameplay mechanics of PE2/TB either.

Espgaluda - My introduction to the SHUMP genre, which extends to my introduction to CAVE. I got it on a whim, and am glad I did since SHUMP's are among my favorite genre of game now. So this'll always be a special game to me.

Espgaluda 2 Black Label - Following up from Espgaluda, Black Label is amazing. Seseri being playable makes it even better. She's a cool cat.

Mushihimesama Futari - Probably the SHUMP I've spent the most time on, as I'd always feel very dissatisfied with my end results. I put a lot of effort into this game.

Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica - The action rhythm mixed with turn based RPG elements to the games combat system instantly made it one of the only turned based RPG's I can stomach, and one of my favorite RPG combat systems to date. I appreciate the way the plot flows too, its pretty well paced for everything that has to happen. The world is beautiful, and so is the music. Some of the characters in your party are kind of just there, mostly because this game took the FF8 route and put most of the focus on the two Lead characters, but the others still get their times to shine so its fine. There are some pretty questionable design choices as far as how easily overpowered you can be, but I just chalk that up to it being an RPG, really, they all have gamebreaking shit.

Suikoden 5 - Since the battle system is pretty basic, unpolished, and incredibly easy,it being a favorite lies solely on its setting, plot, and characters. It delivers.

Etrian Odyssey 4 - For whatever reason the EO series is the only thing from Atlus that I really pay attention to. Not much to say about this game particularly other than that it's quite simply: Awesome all around.

Elsword - As odd as this is to say. I just really enjoy shooting lasers everywhere as Eve. ┐(´-`)┌

Katamari Forever - Doesn't matter the stage, to this day I can still pick this game back up and wreck it ralph with an improvised route, or by complete muscle memory. Oddly enough, likely my favorite game ever made simply because of how happy I feel when I play it. Video game narcotics.

Dance Dance Revolution as a whole, at least genuine DDR. While at higher levels of play it goes from mere fun to failure work out->muscle memory success, its really satisfying to snag Perfects on songs that gave me a tough time.

Smash Bros (any of them)
    Kingdom Hearts (Any of them BUT recoded)
    and Pokemon
    It all sounds very lame but I tend to like the lame baby stuff.

I don't see anything 'lame' or babyish about SSB, Kingdom Hearts, or Pokemon, though.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

People like to shit on Nintendo and Disney for their wonderful younger audience acceptable work

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I don't see anything 'lame' or babyish about SSB, Kingdom Hearts, or Pokemon, though.
    Uh, excuse me, but there are literal babies in Smash Bros:

Check and mate, good sir.