Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Had a team running Ep2 C-mode, (1 FOmarl and 3 HUcasts). Enemies did a real number on us and at the boss one of the HUcasts quit out (due to not having enough scapes).

Fought Olga Flow with three people. The first form is cake if you know what you're doing however, I had NO idea what to do in terms of tactics against Olga Flow's second form as a Hunter.

Can anyone suggest me some good tactics for this guy's second form? I ran around like an idiot when I fought him. Take out the mags at all? When to run back?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-09-17 10:59 ]</font>

Here's the thing.

Do not lose Scape Dolls...at all! One death probably, but no more. The Scapes should be saved. And if you want, give one doll to the FO for TP death. Not necessary if you get damaged a lot, but if you want to clear rooms faster, give it to the FO.

I don't know how your HUcast team mate could die, but you should also note that you DO NOT need to fight every monster in the room. Ignore all hall enemies unless you need to kill a Recobox in order to pass it. Ignore all Morfos. Do not get close to Delbiters it is frozen. Use Hard-Hard-Hard attacks on it with no delay. Spam traps if you need to.

Spare your mates...enough said.

Ok, as for Olga Flow, before activating the 2nd form, if you haven't already, be sure to check with your teammates on how much mates and scapes each have. If the FOmarl needs fluids, drop them according to whatever how many the person needs.

As for the actual fighting...Olga Flow's fighting style has a pattern. You will need to know this pattern in order to even pass it. One HUcast who has the capabilities of using a Lockgun or Railgun (not likely on this one) should kill the Gael and Giel in order to reduce damage and range for the Divine Punishment attack of Olga Flow. Note, without them dying temporary, you WILL get killed in one hit. If they are following you, do not be near them. Wherever their position is how long the Divine Punishment range will be. If the HUcast fails to kill both mags, move the heck away or get knocked down by a nearby fire/shock trap (freeze and confusion traps will do you no good).

The other two HUcasts should go for the legs with a Pallasch. If you are skeptical and cautious about it, use a Lockgun and shoot from afar but this will take longer and thus you might end up using more mates if you can't dodge some attacks. However, it will stall you from losing Scape Dolls so quickly. Use HHH attacks for high damage output.

As for the FOmarl, it should have enough HP to survive the energy wave attack. In the areas before the boss, have the FOmarl take all HP materials until it does have enough. Then the HP mats go ONE HUcast, in more hopes of being able to survive the Divine Punishment attack. In the battle, have the FOmarl near the group as much as possible, which is usually near Olga Flow himself. Thanks to the double range of Shifta and Resta, you can probably get almost all your team mates should they need it. The FOmarl should not be attacking, except casting Jellen/Zalure on Olga Flow. When Olga Flow starts walking to a side, follow it, but don't be close to it so that you would be in range of one of the mags.

And then of course, good luck. Try your best and just keep on moving if you accidentally die.

On 2007-09-17 22:57, Splash wrote:
    I don't know how your HUcast team mate could die, but you should also note that you DO NOT need to fight every monster in the room.
    We all actually ended up getting killed at least once lol. The least experienced of the group lost all his scapes, and the FOmarl and other HUcast lost one or two IIRC. The HUcast with no scapes had no mates either and didn't really want to screw up the mission further.

Anyways, I'll give this a shot again when we get there, otherwise I'll probably try to bring up my HUcaseal.

C mode Force

If you are simply going for a clear round, you can afford to build up your HP and weapons by clearing as much of the game as possible. By the time you get to Olga, you should be very well equipped and have a lot of HP. Remember to visit all of the loot rooms (important).
    When we used to TA this, there was a very simple trick, as quoted here by yellow5:

During Olga Flow's second form, stay near his right foot. It knocks you down and (Olga) immediately follows with the Divine Punishment attack. Since you are knocked down, you will be invincible for a short period of time. In this case, it's long enough to avoid the attack entirely. Just remember to keep your HP full at all times.
    His attack pattern is always the same: walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, jump, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment. Rinse and repeat. Notice after the third shockwave attack that he doesn't follow with a Divine Punishment. Use this opportunity to get in some good damage.

This applies to forces and hunters, and it works. It might take a bit of practice, but is very very useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2007-09-18 10:54 ]</font>

On 2007-09-18 10:41, SLON wrote:
    If you are simply going for a clear round, you can afford to build up your HP and weapons by clearing as much of the game as possible. By the time you get to Olga, you should be very well equipped and have a lot of HP. Remember to visit all of the loot rooms (important).
    When we used to TA this, there was a very simple trick, as quoted here by yellow5:

During Olga Flow's second form, stay near his right foot. It knocks you down and (Olga) immediately follows with the Divine Punishment attack. Since you are knocked down, you will be invincible for a short period of time. In this case, it's long enough to avoid the attack entirely. Just remember to keep your HP full at all times.
    His attack pattern is always the same: walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment, walk, shockwave, jump, walk, shockwave, Divine Punishment. Rinse and repeat. Notice after the third shockwave attack that he doesn't follow with a Divine Punishment. Use this opportunity to get in some good damage.

This applies to forces and hunters, and it works. It might take a bit of practice, but is very very useful.You might want to watch one of yellow5s videos to see how to do it properly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SLON on 2007-09-18 10:44 ]</font>
    Heh, I was wondering when you would post . I thought Olga Flow's attack patterns would be a little more complex but it sounds like cake. I'll definitely take a look at Yellow5s videos when i get some time.

So the general thing to do is be aware of his patterns, and stay near his right foot so you avoid some of his hard hitting attacks in exchange for damage. Gotcha. I should be running away from him when he is about to use his Divine Punishment attack though right?

Any other advice you can offer? We ARE doing this just for completion, not concerned about TA. Usually we're consuming too many mates and fluids so we run out near the end.

Edit: Guess there isn't any videos by yellow5s then since you removed that. I'll give this some though and try it when we get a team going again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-09-18 11:12 ]</font>

Right foot trick is advanced method, yet very simple to do. If you can do this properly, you can easily sacrifice some of your scape dolls for your other team mates who die easily. All you need is just an abundance of mates in case he uses another attack and knocks you over with that instead.

Sparing mates is a must. Do whatever you can to evade the attacks and not get damage by them.

For forces, work out the cheapest spell to TP cost over damage, that way, you may be doing a little less damage with one spell, but make up for it in the amount of times you can cast it.

Good luck!

On 2007-09-18 16:29, Splash wrote:
    Right foot trick is advanced method, yet very simple to do. If you can do this properly, you can easily sacrifice some of your scape dolls for your other team mates who die easily. All you need is just an abundance of mates in case he uses another attack and knocks you over with that instead.

Sparing mates is a must. Do whatever you can to evade the attacks and not get damage by them.
    Sparing mates is pretty difficult when you are being hit by Deldepths/Sinows with Recons in the same room.

On 2007-09-19 01:52, Error_404 wrote:
    For forces, work out the cheapest spell to TP cost over damage, that way, you may be doing a little less damage with one spell, but make up for it in the amount of times you can cast it.

Good luck!
    Personally I'd rather see that TP go towards Resta and Shifta.

C mode Force

I tried to find the videos but they weren't there, pity.
    You stay by his foot so that he knocks you over just before Divine Punishment; this makes you immune to it. Also, you can avoid the wave attack most of the time by being behind him.

This is not a difficult fight. You can practice it by going to normal mode with your high level characters, and learn his moves and how to get knocked down. No need to go all the way through the Challenge to practice it!

Of course, I meant to conserve TP for Resta/Shifta/Other support...I thought that would be common sense.