Page 105 of 273 FirstFirst ... 55595102103104105106107108115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2726

Left rings, well nothing much really pairs well, but just wear any to grind their levels

Right rings, Crit strike, P-Keeper, PP conversion, maybe Attack Advance are the rings worth looking at.

You can just get a +20 ring on the left for a 20 atk stat increase, it is something at least.

Does the tech charge parrying ring have any atk stats on it? That'd probably work for Su I guess.

EDIT: Oh right. So like. Melon is a fucking tank its defenses are through the roof. Throw some body sandwiches on it and it takes single digit damage from most mobs in XH and can face tank Train Ghidoran's double stab attack. Find a way to give it decent hp (I used cookies for now), and it's actually pretty hard to kill. On top of that you're pretty much gonna take scratch damage even with alter ego on. Just throwing that out there for anyone having trouble keeping it alive when blocking.

Conversely, do not use alter ego with Maron until you're about to throw it, because it's the opposite, tons of hp but garbage defense.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 10, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Yeah I have TCP ring for the t atk and for force usage.
    Maron is strong enough without Alter Ego anyway results are hilarious in Ultimate Quest mobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Maron is strong enough without Alter Ego anyway results are hilarious in Ultimate Quest mobbing.
    Having soloed my first UQ this morning using it, I concur. I still turn on Alter Ego before throwing it sometimes though usually on bosses.

Can someone explain Maron and Mellon please? (how they work, personalities, skill descrptions)

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    Can someone explain Maron and Mellon please? (how they work, personalities, skill descrptions)
    They charge up when hit and have a PA to throw them that makes them explode to deal damage. Maron's is REALLY strong, but Melon's can be used multiple times if you time it right. Melon also revives faster than every other pet. If you leave them at full charge they explode anyway, and if they're near you when they do it damages you too. It won't drop you below 1 hp though. Switching pets makes them lose their charges.

I already explained how their charges work to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    EDIT: alright, yeah, it's based off the number of hits, not the damage and there's 3 charge levels if you include no charge. Melon goes up one charge each time its hit, so it only takes 2 hits to get it to max charge. Maron goes up a charge every 3 hits, so it takes 6 hits to get it to max. Also they only seem to automatically explode at max charge. You can tell they're at max because of the fire effect on them. If they have just the glow then they're only at one charge level.
    As for their PAs, they share all of them mechanically, and the only differences are some slight number tweaks. Also 3 of their PAs are alternate versions of other pet PAs

Melon/Maron Shield: lets you use them to block, you're basically invincible from the front until they die or you stop holding down the PA. It costs 5 pp and drains about 1 every 2 seconds, so it's not hard to maintain.

Melon/Maron Strike: You throw them and they explode. Maron's is stronger, and Melon's lets you throw it multiple times if you time it right, though it'll still eventually blow up automatically at full charge either way. Also, they won't explode unless they hit an enemy, so if you throw them at a wall or a non-enemy destructable (boxes, baize, those rocks in forest, etc), they just kinda bounce off. It can be useful for keeping Melon alive since it'll still faint if you hit an enemy with it without continuing the chain.

Melon/Maron Break: Like Wonda break but lower PP cost and no knock down. Melon's is weaker and costs more pp than Maron's though, for some reason (probably because of its higher base attack).

Melon/Maron Chaser: Like Cery chaser but with a higher cost, and the projectile is slower, longer lasting, doesn't knock things down, and is weaker. Because it's slower and lasts longer though it tends to loop around and hit things easier, so it can actually be pretty good to throw out a few if you're using them for mobbing for whatever reason. Again, Melon's is weaker, but the cost is the same.

Melon/Maron Curse: Like Torim Bullet, but has a higher damage notation, and pp cost. I haven't tested it enough to know what the difference is.

EDIT: It tics faster, that seems to be the difference.

Finally they both have the same personalities. やせ我慢 gives them a chance to heal when hit, 逆境 makes them do more damage at low hp, but I don't know what the percent is (JP wiki says 10% at lv3).

And finally, Melon has the highest defense and lowest hp of all the pets; Maron has the highest hp, and second lowest defense.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 10, 2016 at 09:12 PM.

so melon strike has have a timing to throw to do repeatedly?
    sometimes i did multiple times and sometimes it's explode even it's not on burning...

To spam meron strike, i just spam the pa.

So which personality is better for these bomb pets? (I can't read japanese so the shorter one or the longer one?)