Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by outrage077 View Post
    can you tell me where to find some lessons? or stuff i need to start working with encryption and editing it?
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICE_(cipher)

School'em bro.

ok so i pretty much got the concept of encryption but i need to know if there's a problem i have to use to decrypt a the file to edit the text in it.

ok so i pretty much got the concept of encryption but i need to know if there's a problem i have to use to decrypt a the file to edit the text in it.
    .....you have to be kidding....... you really think you can look at that wiki article, and just make and English patch for PSo2...... you know now long and hard a group (that I can not mention) has been working on one, and still trying to work out the encryption properly?...... -.-

I think you should just leave it to the people who know what they're doing. More power to you if you want to learn about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusnagisa View Post
    .....you have to be kidding....... you really think you can look at that wiki article, and just make and English patch for PSo2...... you know now long and hard a group (that I can not mention) has been working on one, and still trying to work out the encryption properly?...... -.-
    i didnt look at just the wiki page, and im just gonna try its not like im saying i can do it. besides ive always wanted to learn stuff like this

my advice if you want to get help learning about file encryption, is to Google the closed beta English patch, find the actual website that hosted it (it's the .biz one) and ask on their forums+^_^+ that site should already have all the files translated, from what i hear, it's getting the patch to work that's holding everyone up+^_^+

can you tell me where to find some lessons? or stuff i need to start working with encryption and editing it?
    http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

episode 125 is a good one to check. Good luck though. Even if you know how encryption works and which encryption standard they used, if the data was properly encrypted, you'll never crack it in even a million lifetimes with current computing technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulio07 View Post
    http://www.grc.com/securitynow.htm

episode 125 is a good one to check. Good luck though. Even if you know how encryption works and which encryption standard they used, if the data was properly encrypted, you'll never crack it in even a million lifetimes with current computing technology.
    I'm not trying to be rude...but I get the impression Outrage believes that there's a magical text file in the installation folder that contains all the Japanese text--that he just simply needs to open it in Notepad and decode it like a puzzle...

Still, I applaud you for pointing him in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayde View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude...but I get the impression Outrage believes that there's a magical text file in the installation folder that contains all the Japanese text--that he just simply needs to open it in Notepad and decode it like a puzzle...

Still, I applaud you for pointing him in the right direction.
    well when i downloaded the closed beta translations i opened the untranslated files and they had boxes, which to me ment i needed to download that japanese text for windows and ill see the characters. sadly it didnt work lol when i opened it again all i saw was "?4U<f5]5`P.l长,{@G yHED4L
    |ϏoYi" and that's just a tiny bit of it all. and to some people that think im learning from scratch (no computer editing know how at all) ive edited alot of games for myself, and i am currently working on a indie game for xbox. i just never tryed editing
    a already made and encrypted file.

well when i downloaded the closed beta translations i opened the untranslated files and they had boxes, which to me ment i needed to download that japanese text for windows and ill see the characters. sadly it didnt work lol when i opened it again all i saw was "?4U<f5]5`P.l•,{@G yHE™D4L
    ‘|ϏoYi" and that's just a tiny bit of it all. and to some people that think im learning from scratch (no computer editing know how at all) ive edited alot of games for myself, and i am currently working on a indie game for xbox. i just never tryed editing
    a already made and encrypted file.
    You keep claiming that you know what you're doing, but you just opened the data files with a word processing program; since when has computer games ever been that easy to decrypt? These aren't simple, uncompiled source code files--you can't just open them with notepad or some compiler and expect to be able to just edit them like that.
    Last edited by Hayde; Jun 29, 2012 at 06:08 PM.