Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Phantasy Star Zero is compatible with normal Nintendo DS consoles, so Action Replay can be used, in fact, codes for the Japanese game already exist.

its all luck for a rare enemy to appear or not. nothing you do can force them to come out. rare enemies can pop up when you go into a room or if you cleared a room and go back there, they can pop up as well. again, it's all based on luck whether they appear or not.

there are already many action replay codes such as modify what weapon you want to buy at the store. by doing this, unique weapons wont have their unique photon arts so you can tell if a weapon has been hacked.

there is also a skip to floor 100 code which is useful for getting unique rares from heaven's mother. i was using it but didnt get nothing good. i didnt bother to keep doing it until i get something good

Hacks always ruined Phantasy Star games (Beside the 360 version of PSU which was hack free I believe?), kinda used to it now beside, legit players knows legit players, it's the people you spend hours with to farm for special weapons.

Hackers will always be disregarded by legit players.

Worst hack i've seen in ANY game would be the NOL trick on Dreamcast where people would turn your character into a NOL lv13, they'd also reset your Dreamcast so it auto-saved on your real character. (Ended up losing your lv100 character in a matter of seconds, already happened to me.)

I won't go as far as saying it will RUIN PSZ for me but it'll definitely make me sad on the inside. :P

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    Hacks always ruined Phantasy Star games (Beside the 360 version of PSU which was hack free I believe?), kinda used to it now beside, legit players knows legit players, it's the people you spend hours with to farm for special weapons.

Hackers will always be disregarded by legit players.

Worst hack i've seen in ANY game would be the NOL trick on Dreamcast where people would turn your character into a NOL lv13, they'd also reset your Dreamcast so it auto-saved on your real character. (Ended up losing your lv100 character in a matter of seconds, already happened to me.)

I won't go as far as saying it will RUIN PSZ for me but it'll definitely make me sad on the inside. :P
    I have to agree with this. As time goes on, standards are raised for online games and not having much protection against hacks on portable consoles is going to ruin the online experience for many players. I'm not expecting PSZ or PS:P2's online modes to get very popular outside of friend circles.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Cheaters ruin any game, in fact cheaters are the reason I stopped playing PSO the first time as grinding for a weapon makes no sense if someone just drops 10 copies of it on the ground.Little kids are notorious cheaters and as the DS drops the average age of a player by 10 years (avg age of DS owners is 19, wii is 29) I assume cheaters will be prevalent. It is very hard for a non subscription based game to punish cheaters at all, as no one would be getting paid for moderation and the cheaters have little disincentive. In fact cheating devices are somewhat legally protected if you check out Lewis Galoob Toys, Inc. v. Nintendo of America, Inc. Sega programmers should be making a great game, not wasting time by programming counter measures against cheating which will ultimately be overcome by a community who more or less enjoys the challenge of getting cheats to work. Cheaters personally fuel my misanthropy and I only hope they bring that brand of weakness to their real life pursuits so they end in failure.

Ok, so im understanding that Rare monsters will either pop up when you enter a room, if your luck, or pop up in an already cleared room if you back step? Also rare rooms are too like the monsters, if you get lucky, a room you may go in may be a rare room?

And I agree, I have always been a true legit player, on all the phantasy star games. Cheating became extremely aggravating for those of us who did work hard to get somewhere. But there is nothing we can do about it. Friend Codes will probably be our dearest friend for those of us who play legit.

I've never had a problem with that, but so I don't have to screw with hackers/cheaters, when I play PSZ, it'll be with friends, or by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KreaK View Post
    Ok, so im understanding that Rare monsters will either pop up when you enter a room, if your luck, or pop up in an already cleared room if you back step? Also rare rooms are too like the monsters, if you get lucky, a room you may go in may be a rare room?
    yes, thats what i been trying to say at least 2 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauga View Post
    I've never had a problem with that, but so I don't have to screw with hackers/cheaters, when I play PSZ, it'll be with friends, or by myself.
    better make sure your friends dont cheat with their hacked weapons, running speed hack, etc

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

I'm nearly positive there's no trick to making rare enemies spawn; however, they aren't terribly difficult to run into , so if you have patience, you can find them pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works, but I'll try and double check all the ways I can. Once you go into a room, the first spawn is determined and the number of spawns is determined (normally one or two, very rarely three). No matter how many times you leave the room or pipe out of the room, the spawn remains the same. Then, after you clear the first spawn, either the box will pop out or the game will determine what the next spawn should be, which is where it determines whether it's rare or not. I'm pretty sure it's rare spawns this time around too, not just rare enemies.

See, I think Sega perfected it this time around. It's not like PSO, where you can pipe for your rare enemy, or PSU, where you can study maps. This time, spawns are determined on the fly (as far as we know), so you just gotta keep your hopes up.

As for the AR codes, they do exist. However, as of this point, there are no codes that can damage your character.
    Last edited by furrypaws; Aug 29, 2009 at 11:48 PM.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10