Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_Nessly View Post
    Very nice. I've since seen demos of the bba emulation on Wii and figured it would work on WiiU ( virtual wii emulation mode ), but didn't bother because I didn't know this adapter existed.

I regret selling my gamecube controllers now. Ouch!

Thanks for sharing that link!
    No problem. That sucks though, selling your GC controllers like that.

Edit:

Just wanted to correct that the Wii mode of a Wii U is NOT an emulation. Think of it more like a PC being able to dual boot 2 different Operating Systems, such as being able to launch Windows at start up or Linux. The Wii OS that is contained within the Wii U is different than the stand alone Wii OS, but that's because the Wii U's Wii isn't meant to be a stand alone device... if that makes any sense. xD
    Last edited by Kroniedon; Mar 23, 2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Editing.

Just want to confirm. For the Wii method you need an original disc AND manual with the key on the back of it to play on the servers, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3 View Post
    Just want to confirm. For the Wii method you need an original disc AND manual with the key on the back of it to play on the servers, correct?
    Depends on the server. Your best bet is to check with the staff or forums of the server you're wanting to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroniedon View Post
    Depends on the server. Your best bet is to check with the staff or forums of the server you're wanting to join.
    Sure, the GC saves console side though unlike BB so I should be able to take my character with me no matter which server I use, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3 View Post
    Sure, the GC saves console side though unlike BB so I should be able to take my character with me no matter which server I use, correct?
    Correct. You can hop between server's till your heart's content. One of the perks of playing console.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    Ah, I see that it is against the rules to explain how to connect to a public server. I will seek some other places to share what I have learned. I could technically explain how to use Devolution without any mention of said servers, but that's a line I probably shouldn't walk.

I'll try and type something up and post to a few other PSO communities out there.
    I'm kinda intrested in this also. Truth be told I'm amazed that crappy rule about other servers is still in place here for a game that's been dead and done for over 10 years now? Sheesh...
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    I'm kinda intrested in this also. Truth be told I'm amazed that crappy rule about other servers is still in place here for a game that's been dead and done for over 10 years now? Sheesh...
    It's VERY easy to do, youtube even has some great examples

I have a GC Broadband and last time I check not very much people on GC play PSO. I just tried the Wii method today and I am pretty happy about the results. Playing GC in Components cables better than Av for me. Also once again there was no one on the GC playing lol

Quote Originally Posted by InstanceDistance View Post
    I have a GC Broadband and last time I check not very much people on GC play PSO. I just tried the Wii method today and I am pretty happy about the results. Playing GC in Components cables better than Av for me. Also once again there was no one on the GC playing lol
    Which server were you on?

Nobody seems to ever play on L33t unless the others are down. I will hop on it because it has the Toward The Future & Military Strikes back quests but other than that it doesn't seem to be as reliable or populated as the others. I have been disconnected here & there or simply floating above the lobby when I try to connect before the ship selection screen.

******** is the one I am usually on. During the day no one is there but I connect every other day at least from 7pm EST onward and there are always a couple others playing then. Some nights the past few weeks there have been enough of us that we need to split and create multiple full teams. This server is usually reliable but has been having some issues recently.

Sylverant is my last resort when ******** or L33t both go down at the same time which did happen a couple weeks back. It's a fine server which also has a few people on each night after 7pm EST-ish but lacks the quests I enjoy from l33t. It also doesn't allow low lvl characters to play with high level ones like both l33t & ******** do. This becomes a problem because most gamecube players are 100+ with only a few guys starting new characters like myself. I understand they do this so new people don't go from lvl1 to lvl80 in a night but I have sunk MANY hours into PSO. I know the ropes and just want to have fun playing. There is also nothing stopping Sylverant players from switching to one of the others for a night and then switching back with their character they quickly leveled. This is also the only server which requires pre-registration on their site with a legitimate gamecube pso key. Not an issue for me but a minor annoyance and blocks those who perhaps got a used copy of the game without the key in the case. It is a reliable server though.

Looks like they blocked out the name of a specific server for some reason. Not sure why but I am sure you can figure out which I meant. If the mods have input as to why we can't speak the name of this specific server let me know

I'm on the Server That Cannot Be Named...I think. ********.

I log on at 8pm CST most nights...well now anyway.

My main character, Battra, is a lvl 41 HUmar. I just play the Forest by myself. Most gamecube players, like you said are 100+. So I'm just trying to level up level up level up to get to Ultimate.

I'm not going to do any other characters...just that one.