Cool Custom paint and design services for PC chassis?

Title couldn't be more specific. Since I'm close to reaching my quota for funding a new desktop, I'm considering options. My original choice was to buy a custom rig off Origin, or Xotic PC, but my friend is trying hard to convince me to do DIY for a fraction of what the sites are selling me. I never did it before, but I'll consider it. BUT if I'm gonna be convinced to do this, its gonna be my way. I like the Corsair 900D series, so that's a start. But I'd like it to have a nice simple paint job and logo, and MAYBE some simple interior lighting.

To the point, has anyone here got their PC modded from a service? Any trusted sites you recommend? Google is throwing me in circles with its results, and at this hour, I'm getting a bit confused.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Afaik most of the custom paint jobs are made by hobbyists, or people that know friends that work with metallurgy and/or do paint jobs for cars.

Meaning that it is either expensive as hell or basically free if you have friends. You might want to search Youtube for custom paint jobs and check out if the person lives near your area and try to contact them.

Hm, I might be out of luck, but I guess it won't hurt to ask some of my coworkers if they know a guy. In any case, I came across 2 sites that offer the service, but they expect me to buy the WHOLE computer to even do it. If I wanted to do that, I'd have continued with Origin PC, but I want to see if I can do this by doing the money saving route.

If you want a custom color, you might try having it powder coated. You can get a variety of colors and finishes, but you'll need to remove any plastic parts or electronic portions. Also make sure that all of the connected parts are the same kind of metal. The way it works, is they hang the metal part from a hook in an oven, run an electric current through it, heat it up and spray it with a conductive powder of your chosen color. The powder sticks to the parts, then melts into place.

For a logo, that's easy enough. Make a stencil for yourself (I recommend using an adhesive film), apply it where you want the logo, and spray it down with an airbrush. Spray paint will also work to this end. I used this process for my own case.

Spoiler!

It looks good, but if you get up close, you'll find the edges are kind of fuzzy; it was my first foray into the art, and I didn't have the foresight to use an adhesive film to make my stencil, instead just using a stiff paper that I happened to have on hand.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

That's a nice design. I'd do it myself, as the base design is literally hexes, but the thing is, my logo is so detailed in the interior layer, that I don't have the confidence to get it done that way. One of my coworkers recommended I do a decal for my logo, and slap it on the case, so I may go that route.

In any case, I saw this guy on Youtube(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaI...ULSXxrvgFwfkXQ), who does airbrushing techniques and did a custom case for the chassis I want. Turns out he has a facebook, and I messaged him in regards to an order. Turns out he still does it. This may work to my advantage, but I'm hoping to keep it affordable. lol
    Last edited by Tyreek; Mar 7, 2015 at 12:27 AM.

Since it's not someone close to you it may cost quite a bit, especially if it's a good quality and complicated mod. But still, it will probably be cheaper than the Origin's and alike prices.

Make sure to show us the results later, I love case modding!

I forgot this thread of mine existed. Well, lets give this a final update on progress. The initial guy I commissioned to do my case up and stopped replying to my messages, so that was a huge waste of time. Then I got referred by my coworkers to a guy who works in my town that does car work, but that lead to absolutely nowhere as he also didn't bother getting back to me after I sent him an email about what I need and the decal I wanted. Was an annoying attempt these past few months I tell you.

Then I checked a website for a motorcycle shop, that had some impressive works, and inquired about work on PC cases. Things connected real quick with this guy. Had a change of heart about the case I wanted during this point in time and went with the Corsair 780T model and all that was left is to get the decal finalized with everything said and done, it cost about $450 bucks getting everything(was initially $300, but he had to buy extra supplies for adhesive, due to my case not being fully metal for spray painting). All said and done, this is the final result.

Spoiler!

This guy did a superb job. And now its been fully rigged and compliments itself perfectly with the LEDS within. All in all, this was worth the wait.

Also thank you Gama.