Page 10 of 333 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Couldn't test it at the time of your post, sorry. However, from what I'm seeing here, Zero Range Advance seems to only apply to Machineguns. Rifle's and Gunblade's damage didn't vary even a bit no matter how close or far away from an enemy have I been, and whether I was using normal attacks or PAs. So, if that's how it is, then I guess Zero Range Advance is less useful than it seemed. I'll test it some more now that the game seems to work correctly at last, and would like somebody with a free time on their hands to do the same, just to make sure.

Yes, just did it again. My rifle's damage stays exactly the same no matter how close or far away from the enemy I am, while my weak-ass machineguns get noticeably more powerful when up close. This makes testing this skill on PAs a bit tricky, since every single one of them is used in melee range.
    What I want to know is if it boosts the damage of PAs as well, since practically every PA the twin machineguns have are melee. Zero Range Advance says it boosts the power of shooting at close range. When I think of shooting, I think normal attacks. And when I think of Twin Machinegun's normal attacks, I think of something that just meant to restore your PP so you can keep using PAs.

So depending on whether Zero Distance Boosts PAs or not makes it either a must get or incredibly useless.

Quote Originally Posted by valmont View Post
    how bout just reversal? i kinda want to take it, seeing how this class plays like a melee class..
    and it only cost 2 sp..
    Eeehh...
    Personally I feel gunners are quick enough and have a good enough dodge to refrain from getting smacked all over the field like hunters and fighters are. I've had very rare occasions where getting hit and not having just reversal has led to a fatal consequence.
    Last edited by Coatl; Sep 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM.

It's not really about needing and trying to do a big 80+ chain every single time you activate it making it extremely situational if that's the only way you go about, it's like you back away from a boss doing a big attack/goes underground/fly off screen/whatever you just pop it and go back in dancing with bullets and get your bonus damage. Even 15-20hits gets you good results from boosted Satellite Aims for accessibility of the 1min cooldown time. It's basically makes it an attack buff.
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Yes, just did it again. My rifle's damage stays exactly the same no matter how close or far away from the enemy I am, while my weak-ass machineguns get noticeably more powerful when up close. This makes testing this skill on PAs a bit tricky, since every single one of them is used in melee range.
    I guess it's a pity, but I understand. Diffuse Shell is already absolutely broken, so machineguns need something to catch up (but miserably fail).

Chain Trigger is a tough skill to recommend, since it's both very useful and, at the same time, pretty situational. I don't recommend maxing it unless you are sure that there are situations where you will need it once every minute.
    How is it useful? At best, it has like 20% of the DPS of Weak Bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Well, Gunner can't use Weak Bullet anyway.

Zero Range Advance:
    What JP wiki says:全ての敵、全ての攻撃に効果がある上、近距離でのPAしかないガンナーでは取っておいて損のない スキル。
    What translation says:All of the enemies, all of the attack is effective in the short, only PA gunner keep the losses in the skills.
    Seems like it does not effect PA

FFFFFFFF..useless. x-x
    Now I am unsure if I should get chain trigger to lv10.
    But really, what else is there to spend your points on in the tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    lol. Nothing in the game short of a Pure-Fire Tree FO can match the DPS of Weak bullet...
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    FFFFFFFF..useless. x-x
    Now I am unsure if I should get chain trigger to lv10.
    But really, what else is there to spend your points on in the tree?
    yeah.. now im pretty confused too.. ._.
    - digitalDreamer -

It would be pretty dumb if Zero Range Advance didn't apply to PAs. Is that a real translation or some google-ish mess? I mean"only PA gunner keep the losses in the skills". Dafuq?
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Quote Originally Posted by Gen2000 View Post
    It would be pretty dumb if Zero Range Advance didn't apply to PAs. Is that a real translation or some google-ish mess? I mean"only PA gunner keep the losses in the skills". Dafuq?
    That's why I added the Japanese text there too.
    I have no nihon friend to translate this so I tried out multiple translation sites. That's the best result so far.