Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Does TeBr have any fallbacks for large AOE and aggro? I want to give it a shot but I'm scared to give up Warcry and KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    Does TeBr have any fallbacks for large AOE and aggro? I want to give it a shot but I'm scared to give up Warcry and KC.
    Assuming we're talking Tower Defense (hence the want for War Cry specifically), only real fallback for aggro is pre-emptive Gifoie before enemies fully spawn. Hitting a Gold before it hits the ground stops them from running, so using Gifoie > Air Zondeel (not too high obviously) will stop everything caught in Zondeel from running away. Although I'm assuming you'd know this already.

For spawns larger than TB Zondeel though, you're gonna need help, either with second Zondeel or friends to grab aggro for you, I don't think there's really a full substitute for War Cry. Naturally, with Te now having so much power, I'd say the need for Katana Combat has definitely gone down if you can get multiple TEs working at it.

Alternatively, you could just go TeHu. It has generally lower power than TeBr due to the lack of Attack Advance, but Just Attack Boost affects explosions, which would possibly do more damage overall on large mobs, and this would also give you access to War Cry again.

I've not had chance to really try Te majority for TD yet, as none of my friends played it for obvious reasons since it wasn't a great class in comparison to the rest, but I'm trying to convince people to gear it so we can really give it a shot and see if it works. Considering what I've heard about TE recently though, I'm pretty sure it will with a team of good players who don't let leaks through and organise accordingly.

Double post, but this thread is really far back and I wanted somewhere meaningful to post this.

The above is Photon Escape stepping, which is essentially the new meta in travelling. It turns out that removing the last step (and step attack) and replacing it with Photon Escape from Blades is a faster way to travel than your usual plain step. In this video, I'm a little slow as I only just got the inputs down 3 minutes ago (too used to penta step, kept jump dashing), but I was still able to beat my 5 step time from one end of Vardha's arena to the other (which, as expected, also beat walking speed, just to clarify).

To use a Photon Escape after a step, you need to cancel your step with a lobby action or jump, just like weapon switching. For those already doing 5 steps, your inputs are exactly the same, except instead of Jump > Step > Step Attack at the end, it's Jump > Photon Escape.

For those new to this, it works as follows:

2 Step Photon Escape

Step > LA > Step > Jump > Photon Escape > Repeat

or (requires 2 different blades for dashing)

WS > Step > Jump > Step > Jump > Photon Escape > Repeat (note, very frame specific, if you rise with the jump before Photon Escape, you won't be able to cancel your next step)

3 Step Photon Escape (requires 2 different blades for dashing)

Step with WS > LA > Step > Jump > Step > Jump > Photon Escape > Repeat

4 Step Photon Escape (write a chat shortcut that reads: /p /la wave /mpal#, where # is the location of your Photon Blades)
    Around 300ms ping:

WS (non-blade) > Step with Chat Shortcut > Step (LA) > Jump > Step > Jump > Step > Jump > Photon Escape > Repeat

Lower pings:

WS (non-blade) > Step > Jump > Step with Chat Shortcut > Step (LA) > Jump > Step > Jump > Photon Escape > Repeat (also frame specific... you'll need to be good at this! Rising slightly with the jump before Photon Escape will allow you to not cancel the next step)

1 Step Photon Escape can also work, but it's extremely frame specific if you use jump to cancel (if you rise at all, you can't jump cancel the next step), or you need really good ping that your LA can recover by the time you use it again. Unfortunately I can't really do 1-step since my ping is 300ms; the LA doesn't recover in time from my last usage.

Enjoy. o.o
    Last edited by Z-0; Sep 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM.

aaaaaaaand that's how players find another means of going faster asdsfasdgasg.

*readies fingers*

As an add:

If you do this, take the weapon "Grand Cross/Licht". It turns out that they've added weapons which let you use certain PAs regardless of your class. This particular weapon allows you to use Destruct Wing no matter what your class combinations are.

Other weapons that are like this are the Kuroto Mechguns and the Io Bow, which allow you to use Elder Rebellion and Master Shoot, respectively (I think, anyway... someone might want to double check this).

Yeah, not legit is not legit =/

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Clarify.

omg hacker botter cheater exploiter macroer repoted (・ω・`)

Your stupidity is not legit.
    -PSO2 JP:
    -Kamekur (taco only) : 70/66/50/0/40/0/70 Fi/Hu - Braver
    -Akane Haruna (dropped):66/31/70/66/0/0/0 Ra/Hu - Gu/Hu
    -Akane Iremi (dropped): 30/49/0/0/70/60/53 Fo/Te - Fo/Fi - Fo/Br
    -茜泉:70/70/75/70/75/75/70/21 not Bo.
    -エリ: 70/45/1/0/1/8/70/1 Br/Hu

Modern fighting games literally would not exist if people weren't able to accept things like this. As you might have guessed by what I said, fighting games weren't originally made with combos in mind. The devs just threw a bunch of moves on characters and realized only after the fact that players had found ways to chain them together. Its kind of a similar thing here.

Disliking things like this is what it is, but there's nothing illegitimate about it. Though I personally dislike dash exploits and the like, but I still went out of my way to learn them. Like it or not, these things are a part of the game. They're perfectly legit until the day SEGA patches them out which seems unlikely now. Perhaps one day straight running will outclass this stuff, but that day is not today.

Edit: Also, thank you Zyn for posting that. It appears rather helpful.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; Sep 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM.