Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HardLight620 View Post
    Sure thing. The new version's up now.

I guess it's been a little while since I've given you guys an update. Lately I've been furiously working on getting inverse rigging done. Things are starting to get awesome!

Spoiler!

It's still not quite done yet. I'm aiming to have things like glasses, headgear, and long hair properly rigged to the player's head. There's also a number of stability issues right now. You can't even change areas without the game crashing - most of that's just adding proper null checks though. I may be too busy this coming weekend to get it done for next update, but I'm hoping for it to be done soon.

I've been meaning to check out a Stage Live myself, but I haven't been on often enough to have the time to catch one. Does anyone know when they're usually on?
    EDIT: Aw, it looks like I just missed the opening event...

Interesting that the Vita version doesn't have pushing. It sounds to me like it's something that should be already supported in the game, so I have no problems with trying to re-enable it for you. I don't think repositioning the N-map should be too hard to do either. I'll see about taking some time to look into these two after I'm done the inverse rigging.
    Wow that's pretty amazing, keep up the good work!

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

This is how the concert look like in stereoscopic 3D when you use Virtual Connect, the lights are a bit glitchy.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

GET! HYPED!

Player character rigging is here! And it is awesome! Seriously, words do not do it justice. You have to try it for yourself. Be sure to read the changelist in the OP as there's a lot of new features as well as a bit of setup required.

The default eye-neck and neck-torso offsets have been tuned for my character's physique, but he's fairly large compared to most characters. The main pivot point is at the base of the neck, so you'll need to find the distance from the neck to the eyes for things to work properly. I recommend using the cross-legged sit emote to square your character's shoulders. From there, try to line up the character's shoulders with your own shoulders. You can also use the salute emote to have your character's hand touch their forehead if you're having troubles getting the right eye height.

There's a tunable for character transparency as some actions such as blocking may obscure your vision. Having your character at around 85% opacity allows you to see through your character when you need to, but isn't all that noticeable otherwise.

I recommend playing with rotation tracking on and head tracking off to keep your body properly lined up with your head. I haven't tested the behavior too much with position tracking on, so it may not work as expected.

I'll be uploading a gameplay video tomorrow, but for now here's some screenshots so you can get the idea of what it looks like.

Spoiler!

There's still a bit of work to be done. I wasn't able to get the character's head to properly animate around the player's head, so I had to settle for removing it entirely. Also, given the nature of the inverse rigging, sitting down looks like you are floating in the air. There's also a visual bug with your character's position when you are using a mounted turret. Finally, a graphical error may crop up if you log in with FPS mode enabled and switch it off ingame. Regardless, I am happy with the way things have turned out so far. As far as I have tested, the game is very stable and fun to play.
    Last edited by HardLight620; Apr 23, 2015 at 02:32 AM.

Really awesome work man! I am still waiting for the commercial Oculus to arrive, but I sure am looking forward to using this.

Wow congratulations! this is really awesome, I am waiting too for the final Oculus or SteamVR but still I'm going to try this.

in4 people get killed because they got distracted by "their own chest"

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

bruh this is extremely amazing.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Spoiler!

This is why I need money. Great work.

Can I put my character in first person with this without using oculus rift?
    Last edited by Sinon; Apr 23, 2015 at 08:18 PM.