Exclamation Hello darkness, my old friend (Stage 6 graphics issues)

Hello everyone. Somehow enabling stage 6 graphics with "High" shaders make my characters look VERY dark in any surrouding. It's like they completely ignore any lighting.

imgurDOTcom/a/pH7QU (Sorry for breaking rules like that, I promise you it's not spam )

Anyone has anything similiar? Also, I should mention that I had problems enabling Stage 6 graphics in Tweaker, until I've reset both PSO2 and Tweaker options.

That is the Ambient Occlusion (and possibly a bit of the Color Curve). Basically, it creates richer shadows in the places they should be (and in places they weren't before), so it makes things look darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    That is the Ambient Occlusion (and possibly a bit of the Color Curve). Basically, it creates richer shadows in the places they should be (and in places they weren't before), so it makes things look darker.
    I wish that actually was the thing, but nope. Ambient occlusion has nothing to do with this, since models IGNORE the lighting, remaining the same.

I also tried to disable/enable every possible option ingame, just to get the same result. Setting shader to "High" makes every character model ignore the light around it. Setting it to "Normal" makes everything fine again.

Is there a chance that this might be a driver issue?

OKAY!

Installing latest (364.72) Nvidia drivers fixed the issue! Hope that helps for anyone who has something like that o/

EDIT: Okay, it didn't fix anything. What actually fixes the issue is disabling and enabling SLI in Nvidia Control Panel. Somehow, it really works. You just have to do it with each boot, though :S
    Last edited by Cauchemare; Apr 24, 2016 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cauchemare View Post
    OKAY!

Installing latest (364.72) Nvidia drivers fixed the issue! Hope that helps for anyone who has something like that o/

EDIT: Okay, it didn't fix anything. What actually fixes the issue is disabling and enabling SLI in Nvidia Control Panel. Somehow, it really works. You just have to do it with each boot, though :S
    Okay. Ignore all of this completely. In order for models to look normal again, you've got to completely disable SLI. Or mess with SLI profile in some way, that is.

Yeah, it seems to be largely an issue with SLI.

I suspect it's typically caused by things overlayed on top of the screen, at least in my experience it was, but other things could be causing it as well.

Hihi,

I also was having this same problem (although with ATI in crossfirex), but instead of a completely darker character, I would have extra-highlighted parts of the character and the described darkness on the other (ha!). and sadly, it does seem to be something with multiple-GPU setups; the fix being playing on a single card only. I wish I would've read a lot more on the issues multi-GPU setups had with games, I probably would have paid extra for a better single card.

If anyone has a fix for this "darkening" issue, I would love it!!! Until then, disabling crossfirex/SLI, OR setting your game to show in Virtual Fullscreen (forcing single-GPU utilization) works to correct it.

P.S. Tried for a whole afternoon of different crossfirex profiles and different rendering methods... best outcome I could get was a flickering between the darkness and the light on the character model.