Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

I got PSO2 running on Oracle VM Virtualbox a year or so back.
    It just displayed the character and some broken background bits. Looked awful, but it worked.

Have any of you tested the 120fps and unlimited fps settings in the launcher?

I did some testing and the "bad" client seems to still be there if you choose those settings.

I'm not really complaining since I play with the 60fps setting because my monitor is only a 60hz monitor so it can only display 60fps so anything over 60fps is useless for me. Plus I use vsync for no screen tearing.

But I just thought it was interesting that the benefits are only for those who play with 60fps option in the launcher.

My game feels very smooth now with the 60fps option but changing it to unlimited makes the lobby very stuttery again.

IMO it's better to set the setting into unlimited, then use FPS limiter app like RTSS, works much better for me at least.

also i noticed PSO2 doesn't go well with flip queue size = 1, have to set it at 2 to make it smoother. that FQS 1 seems to trigger the bad client (i see my GPU only have 60% - 70% usage with that)

Yeah I do a similar thing apart from using Nvidia Inspector to cap game at 120fps. I set the pre-rendered frames (FQS on AMD cards like seilent said) at 2 and its running decent.

so , XP issue is fixed, any perfomance changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    so , XP issue is fixed, any perfomance changes?
    I haven't experienced any myself, just feels the same.

All is good.

should i be setting the pre-rendered frames higher? mines is set to default settings in inspector.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    should i be setting the pre-rendered frames higher? mines is set to default settings in inspector.
    2-3 is alright. Depending on your settings though, assuming you have the same settings or similar as on the Nvidia and AMD Anti-Aliasing thread... 2-3 should be fine. Though, I noticed with 3 and during long, Rafoie inc bursts - sometimes the game lagged/froze apart from my own character and I could still attack mobs but do no damage or anything for a second - few seconds then everything else started to sync back into place. With 2 and during those bursts, no problems whatsoever. Play around with it honestly. If with 3 you're not getting any sort of 'lag' or anything of the sort, then that's all-clear. If not, then 2.

Just a note, the Max Pre-Rendered Frames thing is called Flip Queue Size on AMD cards.
    Last edited by Asuka~; Dec 2, 2015 at 02:44 PM.