Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    Once again, it isn't as if the game is in development. This isn't a scenario similar to expecting posts from a Sakai blog, with never before seen content from an impending release. That stage is over. There is literally a small handful of questions which need answering, and that is it. How much content will we begin with. What are the slight differences in aesthetic content we will have in our release? When are we getting it?
    Development is not "over", the game is in constant development, getting new content every few weeks.
    Also, while we are aware of what Japan is getting, there are many who may not even be aware that PSO2 exists, it's SoA's job to advertise the game to the western community, but instead they're being silent.

The flow of information we are getting now is just as dry as the flow we were getting upon the initial JP release, and the game came out fine. Only difference is, any potential EN player can look upon what's happened with the JP release, and utilize that as a rough estimate as to what we should expect, where as we didn't have that same luxury whilst waiting for our the JP release until about closed beta.
    That is completely false, there have been news about PSO2 JP every month since the blog was first created sometime after the first alpha test. While SoA has been silent for 4 months already.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

At this point, it's easier to just wait and let reality vindicate our faithlessness than argue with the spin machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Development is not "over", the game is in constant development, getting new content every few weeks.
    Also, while we are aware of what Japan is getting, there are many who may not even be aware that PSO2 exists, it's SoA's job to advertise the game to the western community, but instead they're being silent.
    I'm talking about initial development. Pre-launch development which dictates how successful the launch will be. Not post launch development which will dictate the flow of content.

That is completely false, there have been news about PSO2 JP every month since the blog was first created sometime after the first alpha test. While SoA has been silent for 4 months already.
    Excuse me, but it's completely factual and your arguing in a separate context. I'm comparing gaps of silence from initial announcement. PSO2 was announced in the middle of September, 2010 for our JP counter part. We didn't get anything else until Sakai made some mentions of it in a Dengeki interview. This didn't leak until the end of January. There is your 4 months, sir. Just like what we are experiencing now. Check the pso-world archives for yourself.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2?page=10
    And that was just a small scrap of information.

Your right, we had a bit of consistency with the Sakai blogs, but once again that was during initial development and well after the initial announcement. We didn't get that until after alpha. That point is a bit moot. If we are going to compare respectively, then those waiting for the EN release still have a bit to wait for something that mirrors the Sakai blogs. I'm going by a timeline similar to what the JP release experienced.

Wait. When is the Vita version of the game becoming available?

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Wait. When is the Vita version of the game becoming available?
    February 28th or so of this year if I recall.

Excuse me, but it's completely factual and your arguing in a separate context. I'm comparing gaps of silence from initial announcement. PSO2 was announced in the middle of September, 2010 for our JP counter part. We didn't get anything else until Sakai made some mentions of it in a Dengeki interview. This didn't leak until the end of January. There is your 4 months, sir. Just like what we are experiencing now. Check the pso-world archives for yourself.

http://www.pso-world.com/news/new-topics/pso2?page=10
    And that was just a small scrap of information.

Your right, we had a bit of consistency with the Sakai blogs, but once again that was during initial development and well after the initial announcement. We didn't get that until after alpha. That point is a bit moot. If we are going to compare respectively, then those waiting for the EN release still have a bit to wait for something that mirrors the Sakai blogs. I'm going by a timeline similar to what the JP release experienced.
    Well, you said "JP initial release", so I thought you were either talking about when the game was released or when it had its first test, not about when it was first announced.  ̄ω ̄

Ok, there was a long time without news after the first announcement, but we're past that point with the english version, they showed a demo at PAX, which is pretty much the same demo as TGS 2011, which is when PSO2 JP started getting news every month.
    Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months or so, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jan 9, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.
    Oh I think its safe to say that a release before April isn't happening. We might get a public beta in March but that's the best i'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    Oh I think its safe to say that a release before April isn't happening. We might get a public beta in March but that's the best i'm hoping for.
    There's also the possibility that there could be no public testing for the english version (which most likely would result in a very bad launch). :\

Well, you said "JP initial release", so I thought you were either talking about when the game was released or when it had its first test, not about when it was first announced.  ̄ω ̄

Ok, there was a long time without news after the first announcement, but we're past that point with the english version, they showed a demo at PAX, which is pretty much the same demo as TGS 2011, which is when PSO2 JP started getting news every month.
    Continue down the archive, sir. The most we got for the JP details was closed beta testing information a month following. To be fair, we might not even get / need a closed beta test for our release. Once again, small tidbit details. Fast forward to April.
    We finally get to see what the game looks like.

You absolutely have to compare the two fairly, and the only way to do that is to compare timelines. So recap. JP got their announcement in September. We got a small scratch of info from the Dengeki interview in January, the following year with actual game footage not showing up until April. 4 month intervals. The EN version on the other hand was announced in July of 2012. We got to actually see the game, in action, with a playable demo, ect. At PAX 2 months following that. (September I believe?) So who exactly had to wait longer, gentlemen? Because from my perspective, and compiling the facts, we've been treated rather decently when comparing the timelines.

Plus the english version was announced for early 2013, that is sometime in the next 3 months or so, being this silent about the game so close to release is not a good sign.
    I will concede that the fact that they set an early 2013 would lead some to be a bit concerned, but that doesn't really have much to do with information flow, as stated above.

Sierhiet, the game was actually being DEVELOPED pre-JP release, so that would justify the silence during those few months.

SoA's sitting with their thumbs up their collective asses with the game already made.
    All they have to do is translate/localize it and come up with their own server structure and we're just left sitting in the dark being told to F-off whenever we ask for any sort of information.