Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

The thing that excites me the most about this coming update is the "change default option for block selection", which is pretty sad.

no info on 14* pot?

wondering if a zalure pot will make any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back then
    Are you nuts?

You haven't seen the poor bastards that kept count of their Anga kills in the thousands using overhead messages before Ares stones, and alternative 13*s became a thing?

Saying 'people didn't mind' is insane. Specifically when the power gap between 13*s and everything else made its debut.

I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it. Like hell I was sitting in Ult Nab for days on end for a random Ares drop that was probably going to be a gunslash anyway (the first Ares I got to 60 by the time Ult lili came out was a gunslash btw).
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Dec 10, 2017 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it.
    This is probably why it seemed like "people didn't mind". It wasn't that people didn't care they were drops, so much as, content wasn't balanced around them, so the people who didn't want to try and fitght rng just didn't bother.

Now that 13*s are standard, the idea that any going forward would be pure rng drops is kinda silly.

I honestly don't care at all about *14, since it's not like the game is living up to the extra power it could give. My only hope is the Dragon fight is enthralling, spectacular and fun.
    Also shop trade is supposed to replace the stone exchange, for the worse since weapon usage is not at all equal across the board (the price of Sword vs WL will be so hilarious)

I don't want to use the word, but the CF system has kinda spoiled us a bit. It more or less exists as a way to greatly incentivize running relevant content as much as possbile, but as soon as the CF goes away interest in said content bottoms out almost immediately because "muh ez 13*s" aren't there anymore.
    CFs streamlined the grind and gave people a goal and a sense of progression, instead of constantly battling RNG - it's not like you didn't have to work for stuff that was obtainable via CFs, you just knew when you would get something. It's a lot like having regenerating health in most modern FPS and TPS, because people realized that having to savescum in those games was not fun.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would even defend the lack of CFs in this case when the system has become something PSO2 is known for. The fact that these weapons are up for trade is not much of a compromise, because the popular options are going to be extremely pricey.

It actually sounds to me like they're trying to get people to buy Premium again or something.

Didn't people used to complain that Collect Files put a death timer on content? Either way, the Dragon isn't some seasonal so drop only is fine.

The current easy 13*s are more than enough for this game at the moment. So if the Dragon 13*/14s are just boring minimal damage increases without actually changing the gameplay of the class, then it's probably better to sell them and never buy at all. Super special abilities will be on future weapons anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Didn't people used to complain that Collect Files put a death timer on content?
    Maybe? That's a pretty silly thing to say considering content dies after the new thing comes out anyway. And BQs died WITH CFs.

The only thing about CFs I don't like is that CFs for permanent content are still temporary.

I don't see why Atra wouldn't drop from Dragon, it'd be kinda dumb if they didn't.

Also, why is no CF a problem? "No CF" was literally how this game was played for three and a half years.

You can keep playing the raid to get more Vals to drop and sell them for cash. I'm going to be "that guy who doesn't play Hr that much" and get Atra Jet Boots (shoot me), so getting Val Sword and selling that to people who like Hero might be a nice source of income.
    I consider CF to be welfare even though certain Raid Tier series became top for awhile and well Ama UQ but what I'm getting at is that others would want to work on something while completing the raid. Like a sub series for SAF material or something, this could have been the Ether Factor CF series or something. Honestly I dont care for CF's, I like drop only but you know how player bases are in any game is now a days.

Understandable if you get 13* drops to sell but there reaches a point where everyone gets what they need, 1 14* wep and well what? I guess ppl can farm to sell those but there reaches a point where no one wants them outside I suppose element fodder? idk it feels like they shot themselves in both feet

What I meant was that no one seemed to mind drop only back then, since it's the same way with many other games that use randomly dropped loot, but ever since the advent of CF we've more or less come to... expect it at this point? I don't want to use the word, but the CF system has kinda spoiled us a bit. It more or less exists as a way to greatly incentivize running relevant content as much as possbile, but as soon as the CF goes away interest in said content bottoms out almost immediately because "muh ez 13*s" aren't there anymore.
    Casuals, its like this in any game, entitlement etc w/e you want its an expected thing in any game format to have something to "work" toward and be rewarded at the end and for it to be a constant thing. No different than and FPS game where 500 headshot for said weapon rewards you with a weapon camo.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Some 3 and a half years those were. Farming Anga endlessly and needing multiple copies for 60 element was probably some of the worst grind I've seen, and then there was trying to get 12 stars from EQ bosses in the previous years. CFs were a step forward from all that, but this EQ's drop-only model is clearly a step back.

I think those dislikes are actually warranted, at least this time. And this is coming from someone who thinks pso-w in general complains too much about a game that people outside of Japan aren't even supposed to be playing.
    Sitting at 1937 anga kills from back in the day, sure some ppl have more than double but I liked/hated the grind but thats a given with grinding. Happy in the end though about it. I dont how JP players felt about it back then but it got a point where everyone just said screw actually running laps across the map, just spawn him and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    People definitely did mind. That's why they added stone exchanges for it.
    "You still play Pick up Stone Online 2? www"- one of my old JP friends before he got back into playing it again

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Are you nuts?

You haven't seen the poor bastards that kept count of their Anga kills in the thousands using overhead messages before Ares stones, and alternative 13*s became a thing?

Saying 'people didn't mind' is insane. Specifically when the power gap between 13*s and everything else made its debut.

I pretended 13*s didn't exist until Ideal came out since I could work for it. Like hell I was sitting in Ult Nab for days on end for a random Ares drop that was probably going to be a gunslash anyway (the first Ares I got to 60 by the time Ult lili came out was a gunslash btw).
    you probably spent as much time grinding Ideal as you could have put toward Are's and got what you needed but Are's/Ideal obselete now anyways

Can someone explain to me what the actual benefits of progression being tied to RNG drops is? Because I really don't get it. Like, I get the appeal of random drops in general, but this idea that anything that isn't random is for "entitled casuals" doesn't make any sense to me.