Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Female Thor? ? ? baby

The heck happened? Anyone have any ideas. =/
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Spoiler!

Looks pretty badass, tbh.

I love a woman that can kick my ass.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Spoiler!

Looks pretty badass, tbh.
    Reminds me of that one blonde character Big Olaf has cept shes wearing full armor

Marvel's buckling to the obnoxious 'Social Justice' crowd, that's all.

Thor is still Thor. It's his name, not a title. He's got a badass axe and a metal arm for now.

Thor himself was recently rendered unworthy of wielding Mjolnir thanks to something an insane Nick Fury whispered in his ear. Nobody knows what was said and at this point it doesn't matter because it's going to be a huge let down.

The person wielding the hammer is some random chick. They're not even bothering to say who it is, the whole story is built around one part "WHO IS IT????" and one part "Look at how progressive we are!"

This is not the first time someone else was "Thor", nor is it the first time it was a woman. In time things will go back to normal. Just ignore it and let the retards at Marvel get it out of their system. Pissing off fans is literally their game plan because somehow it actually generates more sales than when they're complacent.

In the words of Paul Anka, "Just don't look! Just don't look!"

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Marvel's buckling to the obnoxious 'Social Justice' crowd, that's all.
    Well now I wouldn't say "buckling". This sort of thing is par for the course with them.
    Last edited by PhotonDrop; Mar 21, 2015 at 10:13 AM.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

My general beef with stuff like this isn't the introduction of a new female or minority character, it's more the making them a legacy character while the original is still around rather than giving them their own unique identity; I get that it's a way to get big sales numbers and give automatic recognition to the character, but it also takes away from the new character since there is the expectation that things will go back to the status quo after a year or two.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

Who is this guy again? Shadowpawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    My general beef with stuff like this isn't the introduction of a new female or minority character, it's more the making them a legacy character while the original is still around rather than giving them their own unique identity; I get that it's a way to get big sales numbers and give automatic recognition to the character, but it also takes away from the new character since there is the expectation that things will go back to the status quo after a year or two.
    Heh, a villian expresses almost the same viewpoint. Only, of course, to make him sounds like a jerk he also bashes feminists in the process:

Pissing off fans is literally their game plan because somehow it actually generates more sales than when they're complacent.
    So did we get verification that sales of Thor are up 25% since the change?

I haven't read a comic book since Killing Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    Heh, a villian expresses almost the same viewpoint. Only, of course, to make him sounds like a jerk he also bashes feminists in the process:
    Spoiler!
    See, this is what I'm talking about. They're infecting things like comics with their ideological agendas, and then they have the gall and audacity to put in scenes like this for the express purpose of taunting their "opposition" (read: actual intelligent people).

Since it's becoming more and more obvious how poisonous their "movement" is, they have to really step up their game by trying to advertise how 'great' they are with lines like the last panel includes. People who 'bash' Feminists aren't "jerks," they're just people who are paying attention.

Unless, of course, they're just slinging insults; that's no good. It's best to use actual facts and figures on Feminists; that's what makes them really angry.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Mar 21, 2015 at 02:25 PM.