Page 395 of 430 FirstFirst ... 295345385392393394395396397398405 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by NephyrisX View Post
    Which Double Saber is better? Gale Febris or Crea Doubles?
    Crea Doubles.

Hello there, I'm fi/hu (level 31/14) and I wonder if I should firstly max out Iron will, or should I focus on increasing attack damage and leave Iron will until getting Limit break?

If you're just beginning, get Brave Stance and Brave Stance Up first, or as you said, "focus on increasing attack damage" (as well as maxing all of the Fury Stance, JA Bonuses, but put only 5 skill points into Fury Combo Up). Disregard getting static S-Atk-increase-skills and go for multiplier ones (the percent ones). There are skill trees here in this thread, check them out if you need too.

In the beginning, enemies are extremely easy so you don't have to worry about getting Iron Will yet; worry about it when you get to Extra Hard.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Sep 24, 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Is there a consensus on whether you should max crazy heart/beat or only put a certain number of points in? I was considering 3 points heart/four points beat to move points into D Saber wind parry and chase advance.

Using this build for reference, which I found from earlier questions in this thread: (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j)

Please let me know if there's anything else I need to address.

Max them, both of them.

Edit (I didn't get to finish writing whatever I wanted 'cause there was an EQ):

Hunter Tree is fine; it's good to have skill points in Step Advance when using Double Sabers/Knuckles.

For Fighter Tree, I would take that skill point out of Adrenaline, and put it into Crazy Heart (to max it); Adrenaline is really only good if you solo a lot, or if you run Extreme Quests a lot; usually you'll have a Techer around in a MPA that'll buff you with Shifta (and Deband).

Forget about getting Wind Parry for DS, and instead, use Step (dash), Deadly Circle-0, Acro Effect to dodge attacks instead; Wind Parry wastes gear which means lower DPS.

It's my personal preference not to get Chase Advance, I don't find it necessary; but if you want, you can put a single point into it.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Sep 26, 2016 at 02:50 AM.

Does anyone have videos + parses of them fighting PD? Looking for a good reference on where to improve. I struggle on double as fighter a fair bit keeping up with where the weak points are. Ideally in an MPA where everyone is doing well and the weak points only stay up for a couple of seconds.

This one of my latest runs which just seems really low to me and I would like to get it up. This is a combined Double + PD run.

http://i.imgur.com/au50H4C.png

I use a 60 Light Ele Austure Knuckles and a +34 60 Light Ele Daggers of the Serafi NT. Both weapons and my units are 145 S.Attack 9pp affixed.

Tree I use:

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...00000lo000000j

Pallets:

http://i.imgur.com/A6jygmq.png

If anyone see's any glaring mistakes in my tree or PA's that I use please let me know. I like to use waltz over drive for the PP cost and I use it so infrequently.
    Last edited by polishgerbils; Sep 26, 2016 at 10:05 PM.

I don't have a video fighting Double as FiHu, but I can tell you my experience if it helps any.

I tried PD EQ as FiHu before and I found it rather frustrating; Double moves around too much, you have to be wary of the Panic Substance on the ground, and it's annoying to have those darker toy cars chase after you while you're trying to dish out damage. Overall, I felt like I was running around most of the time or trying to avoid stuff, which meant a drop in DPS. That's why now days, I just roll as BrHu for PD EQ, 'cause Guren and Guren Dashing for chasing Double (plus Katana Combat for when Double Charges the field and like three-quarters of the MPA is dead and you need to rez).

In retrospect, I think fighting Double as FiHu kinda sucks; I think it's the worst melee class to fight double with.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Sep 26, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

o.o the cookie cutter PD premade is like mass FiHu with WB and Shifta/Zanverse. Afaik just Heartless and hammer the bajezus outta them with BHS.

Lemme go ping some Discord people.

Fi/Hu won't suck at Double if you use Knuckles.

For Double, equip Knuckle Chase Ring and pursue the bits. Flicker Jab, BHS, and Flash Thousand are especially strong choices to use here. Flicker Jab is one of your quickest and cheapest PAs that'll get you in front of Double bits quickly to TAJA into BHS. Flicker can also be used to pursue and damage bits when Double does the merry go round attack as well as it's tongue when it does the wall spin attack. No need for Heartless Impact outside of trying to get behind walls when you can't lock on bits to step chase. When Double is stunned, do Flicker > BHS until you run out of PP. I personally use Flash Thousand since the jabs are uninterruptible by cars and is especially good for damaging Double's tongue in the air during it's final phases.

Another thing that's important is that it's completely okay to back off and run around sometimes; Double is all about patience and it'll punish your ass if you get too greedy trying to DPS, so keep aware of your surroundings, especially with the cars and panic puddles. When you're breaking Double's bits, be positioned diagonal to the bit, not directly in front of it so that way you can always just double step backwards when it spins or thrusts to get out of harms way. Also, save Limit Break for burning Double during stuns.

For an average pug run, this is my usual damage breakdown with Knuckles only during Double. This is the fastest parse I haven't deleted; it lasted 2 minutes and 24 seconds:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shadowstarkirby; Sep 27, 2016 at 03:21 AM.
    Spoiler!

[Ship 02]
    ID: Shadowstarkirby
    Character: Dial
    Classes: Hr, Fi/Hu, Hu/Fi, Br/Hu, Bo/Hu, Ra/Hu, Gu/Hu, Te/Fi, Su/Fi, Fo/Te

Quote Originally Posted by polishgerbils View Post
    You're using the old 3 button setup? The new 6 button control style (or shift + 3 buttons if you're on a keyboard like many people myself included) is much better and more versatile.

As for Double I'll second what other people said. Grab the knuckles ring, aim for the weak spots, heartless impact then BHS or Flicker->BHS spam. I also use TDs to stay afloat when there is crap on the floor, or for the final, central weakpoint when it's permanently revealed near the end, because it tends to be a bit high and hitting it with knuckles is harder.