Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

HE is still good. In class right now so if someone doesnt explain I'll explain it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    BTW, how do you use Homing Emission for bigass dmg? Get up close and personal? But that would be the same as with Diffuse Shell.
    How does HE dmg compare to in your face DS / proper use of SC?
    The most effective way to use Homing Emission is to be in Third Person Shooting, lock onto a bunch of boss parts, and release all of them at point blank range on one target all while stationary to maintain Standing Snipe.

A less effective way to do it, but doesn't use Third Person Shooting, is to spin around in a circle to lock onto boss parts that are directly in front of you before releasing them on a single target. It's a bit harder to maintain Standing Snipe for successive Homing Emissions this way though.

I haven't bothered testing how many shots of Homing Emission you need to outdamage Diffuse Shell after the Episode 3 buffs, but I believe it's not that many (want to say 3?).

Quote Originally Posted by annastrife View Post
    I though HE already nerfed so it cannot be used in close range anymore? cause I tried several times and get nothing...
    It was buffed I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    It was buffed I believe.
    It was buffed on damage... but it wasn't as practice as before (what I called nerf)... before it was more easy to target at point blank and get all three damage in one point... But I didn't remember when it was...

Maybe I need a bit more try...
    Last edited by annastrife; Oct 23, 2014 at 02:41 PM.

Anna Hu/Fi 75/75 Su/Te 75/75 - Ship 06 KEN
    If someone also in Ship 06, Feel free to add me as a friend...

It takes practice to get used to HE. But it goes without saying that if you're not using wb prior to JA'ing HE or if there aren't many parts on an enemy/boss.... or if there aren't many enemies around to lock-on to for a concentrated point blank shot (up to 6 charged shots), then your damage will be pitiful.

Whether one decides to use tps mode or not in order to charge up HE depends on the person's personal preference; some people hate it, others find it more effective.

Also, the speed at which HE 'charges up' (locking on to different targets) depend on one's ping, as I'm aware.

One of the good thing about HE is that if you have a fast moving target that always move around... which renders satellite canon kind of useless, then it may prove worthwhile to use HE instead.

HE also allows one to be mobile.

great advice guys! thanks!

im super new to ranger so this will take me time to digest and start using all this intel

i picked grizz rifle cause i already got the grizz head piece so it was a bit more of a looks thing, plus the way i understand it, its potential ups pp recovery? or is it native damage and cirno is wrong? thats why i thought to get it in light hopefully for better pp recovery during darker bosses, but yeah its by no means an optimal weapon. sucks cause i had a flowpetal that i sold when on my force with like 6 affixes with mirage and tekkered for light.. would have been a nice loser killer...sigh oh well

ok so for rifle PA's use sat cannon with massive hunter for slower bosses and homing emission for quicker ones. is there a specific time when massive hunter is really good? like specific bosses or situations? or just activate it whenever i can kind of thing?

and for launcher there a bunch of good PA's so i can just kind of mix and match? whats the one that makes that big blue-ish ball and has that awesome karploosh sound, is that cosmos breaker? that one is soo cool...

i was just thinking ketos along with that pb growth boost skill so i can spam pp regen during bosses, plus it will boost other peeps during mpa, but julius sounds good too. its just that i figure if im using launcher for mobs it would be better to have 3 pp batteries: kill bonus, grenades and ketos, so then during boses it would be a boosted growth ketos and maybe little from grenades? doesn't julius nifta use t-atk for its damage tho?

all of my speculation is untested tho so im really not sure, i guess ill have to level up and get all the basic skill i need first and then save the questionable ones for later. also since i will probably not get premium any time soon it will really depend on the rares i do actually find hence the bio rifle and the furry tail luncher will probably get used just because i will eventually end up getting them and using them to level my sub.

gunslash im thinking about crafting one of the vraolet ones since they easily come with lucky3/exp3 and other buff affixes and their (easily unlocked) potential increases the chance of rares to drop untekkered, so equip it before boss dies or before jumping into AIS and happiness!

so new build looking more like this?:
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f

Quote Originally Posted by illidelph View Post
    is there a specific time when massive hunter is really good? like specific bosses or situations? or just activate it whenever i can kind of thing?
    Just whenever you think you could get off a Satellite Cannon, but might get interrupted. Like if I'm facing a Decol Malluda, I just turn on Massive Hunter, Weak Bullet the head and then just sit there tanking all of its shots and attacks (Automate Halfline keeps me alive) while charging Satellite Cannon and release once it's ready (Decol Malluda doesn't move around too much if you don't break its chest orbs after all).

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    The most effective way to use Homing Emission is to be in Third Person Shooting, lock onto a bunch of boss parts, and release all of them at point blank range on one target all while stationary to maintain Standing Snipe.

A less effective way to do it, but doesn't use Third Person Shooting, is to spin around in a circle to lock onto boss parts that are directly in front of you before releasing them on a single target. It's a bit harder to maintain Standing Snipe for successive Homing Emissions this way though.

I haven't bothered testing how many shots of Homing Emission you need to outdamage Diffuse Shell after the Episode 3 buffs, but I believe it's not that many (want to say 3?).

It was buffed I believe.
    No wonder my dmg is low, I didn't know it's multiple projectiles and only pressed the PA button once lol.