Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 38788586878889 LastLast

We can't say that Hero is OP without first seeing what they bring to other classes. Hero created a baseline, and along with the severe nerfs to zanverse and volg/banish created a lot more breathing room to add some pretty strong stuff. Whether it be actually buffing Fighter more due to its mediocre mobility/defenses, or adding crazy support skills to make up for zanverse, we'll have to see. Sega also tends to break stuff a bit into an episode too.

It's simply this class is too easy to handle vs any other class. 0 efforts with Hr while other class you actually need to put some efforts to get something out of it.
    Actually Hero is like if Sega implemented a Dead or Alive character (keeping exact same combos and game play) into Virtua Fighter. I don't think I could find better way to explain what's going wrong with it

Edit: Found another comparison. Add Dante from DMC into Dark Souls
    Last edited by Masu; Aug 8, 2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    It's simply this class is too easy to handle vs any other class. 0 efforts with Hr while other class you actually need to put some efforts to get something out of it.
    Actually Hero is like if Sega implemented a Dead or Alive character (keeping exact same combos and game play) into Virtua Fighter. I don't think I could find better way to explain what's going wrong with it
    It's still has OP attacks. Its okay that its has low skill floor and easy to master, but I should not be able to hit as hard as main class combo, while playing Hr for the first day without even finishing level capping.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I think the big issue is that it's a streamlined class - you don't have a billion PAs to use to determine which is the current high-end meta, you have your small select list of PAs for various purposes.

A Hunter who uses a sword needs to know which PAs are "the good ones" and when to use them. A Hero has two PAs, the "weapon switch" PAs, and the action for the sword. They break down into roughly your AoE PA, your single-target PA, and your "switch to Weapon X" PA, with the action being a really nice way to prep a single big shot or to refill PP from a distance. No debate, no question, these are what you have and these are the purposes they serve. Same for TMGs, same for Talis.

Just my take on it. They cut out the "leveling process" aspect of the class beyond pure XP grinding, and as a result you have a ready-to-go-out-of-the-box class.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Devil May Cry is more complex than Dark Souls though.

I mean, I get why people are complaining. Even my Br/Hu feels slow compared to Hero now, but before it came along, I felt like Sonic zipping around with Guren. Now I can just Flash of Trick and dash cancel to go much faster. That's not even getting into the damage output.

However, SEGA already stated that Hero's power and ease of use is intended. They never did this for any other OP PA/class combination before - even Shunka, VolgBanish, Chain Maron and so on were labeled as too OP and requiring nerfs. With more Expert Classes on the way, we're likely not going to see any drastic changes for Hero, at least in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Superia View Post
    Devil May Cry is more complex than Dark Souls though.
    His comparison is also a bit of an exaggeration.

Consider that PP functions like a combination Stamina and FP in Dark Souls. It'd be the equivalent of Hero not having to use PP at all for any of its moves, while only having the Hero Time gauge and Health.

I mean, Hero's PP regeneration is still silly, but it still requires PP for its PAs. Dante don't need that shit.

So, does this mean instead of getting nerfed, Hero is getting improved making it even more OP?

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    It's still has OP attacks. Its okay that its has low skill floor and easy to master, but I should not be able to hit as hard as main class combo, while playing Hr for the first day without even finishing level capping.
    They also have a very... upfront? set of skills that outright boosts your damage. You can max all of them by Lv30.

After that, you're going to be doing the same basic damage, because everything else adds to other aspect of the class that increases the efficiency of things, but not necessary your DPS if you are not/can't utilizing the additional skills correctly. Counter is stupid amount of damage, but that requires you to actually counter. Hero Time is stupid amount of damage, but it requires you to build the gauge. Things like that.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

If Dante's gameplay was in Dark Souls, I might've liked Dark Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    So, does this mean instead of getting nerfed, Hero is getting improved making it even more OP?
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but those are bug fixes to remedy effects that SEGA didn't intend for people to use. Involves the Jump Canceling, Tech Canceling, Spirit Bullet and Step Canceling. There's a thread on it already.

They're also fixing the thing with the EPPR ring on TMG. But other than that Hero's attack power and so on won't be altered.